• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

FTL Zelda (albeit barely)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have talked to AshenCrow on Discord about potential FTL Zelda upgrades. I do agree with some ways to get FTL reactions via scaling above the Light Spirits who are officially the same speed as the Light Arrows based on Twilight Princess stuff. But I still have doubts and pretty sure other Calc Group members such as DontTalkDT or Damage are going to argue against the Guardian laser examples. Though, the speed is roughly consistent with Beamos beams so I personally have no objections but worried others might say other wise.

But I still have my gripes about how the Flurry Rush calculation is handled.

If we take AoC, then I'm pretty sure that Terako gameplay shows that the energy used for the beams isn't really light stuff.

If the laser type used by the scouts is quite literally the same type of beam as the explicit light speed laser beam that follows laser properties.
Well, that's that.

Obviously I agree if it is indeed the same type (the beams used by the scouts), but that's only if they are the same.

I remember the guardian beam were rejected because they explode and in a cutscene one reflected off a wooden pot. So I don’t think this feat is legitimate.

I remember the guardian beam were rejected because they explode and in a cutscene one reflected off a wooden pot. So I don’t think this feat is legitimate.
The big Guardians do yeah, they don't quite count, but going by the link, it's talking about the scouts (the tiny guardian dudes you fight in trials of strength and sometimes in shrines). They have a different laserbeam iirc, if I'm understanding what's being said, it's the same exact type as the actual lightspeed beams shown in the speed of light shrine among others.

But they still reflect off wood. If you block it with the pot lid they reflect. Also these should be the same laser. They come from the same technology, if one is completely unrealistic it should discredit the other one as well.

If you block it with the pot lid they reflect. Also these should be the same laser. They come from the same technology, if one is completely unrealistic it should discredit the other one as well.
Except they aren't the same laser so that's not an actual argument 🤷‍♂️
And the potlid thing is just a joke, and it wouldn't even matter in the long run, they're straight up stated to be the speed of light for that type of laser in particular, if the Guardian Scout can make use of the beam that's stated to be the speed of light, bounces off shit in a straight line, moves in a straight line, and burns and is heat based, then it is what it is.

Their was a thread recently that made beams reflecting vastly more strict. Does the beam reflect in the exact way it should reflect off the surface it hit (I’m being serious our standards on Light speed are that strict now).

Also how would the pot lid be a joke in any way, shape, or form. It’s a shield, and when the laser hits it, it reflects, that should discredit the laser.

Their was a thread recently that made beams reflecting vastly more strict. Does the beam reflect in the exact way it should reflect off the surface it hit (I’m being serious our standards on Light speed are that strict now).

Well, good for that thread, it wouldn't change a thing at all here, given it qualifies and has a sol statement.
I just said like four times it does, the thing in the OP says as much as well, when it reflects, it reflects in a continuous straight line dude. Read.

Also how would the pot lid be a joke in any way, shape, or form. It’s a shield, and when the laser hits it, it reflects, that should discredit the laser.

Because it's a reference to a throwaway joke line in the original BOTW that mentions Link is so rad that day 1 he beat a guardian with just a pot lid by bouncing the beam back.
It's like, beating Ganon with a bottle or fishing rod tier.

Also you seem to have completely missed the beams are explicitly the speed of light, the fact they adhere to the majority of laserbeam standards bar one exceptionally nitpicky point should be evidence enough to support that the laserbeams that were stated the speed of light, are indeed, actual laserbeams. And if they aren't? Oh well, still stated to be lightspeed regardless.

Hmm, Idk about dat chief. 🗿
In all seriousness why isn't this in a wiki blog?
B̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶O̶C̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶w̶o̶r̶d̶

That thread (I’m referring to the reflection comment, typing this took longer than I thought) more just seemed to die down, but if I missed something you would definitely know.

It being a reference does discredit it. He is still reflecting the laser with wood. Even if the reason he is doing so is a joke, he’s still doing it.

It’s not a nitpick. To be light speed you can’t contradict a single rule on our light speed page. It’s like black holes, you have to follow every rule to the letter.

The statement is irrelevant if the laser properties are contradicted.

They do have an anti feat. It reflects off wood. That makes it not a laser (I know you probably meant anti feat as in speed feats but they have a few of those as well. I didn’t want to make a thread on those, but it seems I have to now).

That thread (I’m referring to the reflection comment, typing this took longer than I thought) more just seemed to die down, but if I missed something you would definitely know.

It being a reference does discredit it. He is still reflecting the laser with wood. Even if the reason he is doing so is a joke, he’s still doing it.

It’s not a nitpick. To be light speed you can’t contradict a single rule on our light speed page. It’s like black holes, you have to follow every rule to the letter.

The statement is irrelevant if the laser properties are contradicted.
Didn't pass
Only part that passed was that just being called a beam of light now doesn't mean anything
You can check our light speed standards page if you don't believe me they don't mention anything about reflection having to be specifically in a certain way

I'm just going to assume you're not actually reading, what part of the fact they're stated in game to be lightspeed, did you miss?
**** light standards, **** nitpicking, ignoring everything else, the fact they're stated light speed in game means it's a light speed object regardless of how much you want to nitpick. It doesn't even have to be light, it's still stated the speed of light, how many more times does this need to be said?

Last I checked just being called light speed has never been any justification for actually being light speed. You need more supporting evidence, and the support is contradicted because the beam has a massive glaring problem.

Last I checked just being called light speed has never been any justification for actually being light speed. You need more supporting evidence, and the support is contradicted because the beam has a massive glaring problem.
Uh, news flash, something being stated to be the speed of light is in fact, reason to believe, it is indeed, the speed of light unless otherwise proven.
There is absolutely no reason to assume the game is lying when it says "speed of light", it has no anti-feats in regards to that speed.
Ergo, it's the speed of light because it's stated to be, and yes, we use speed of light statements all the time as long as they aren't proven false explicitly, Naruto and One Piece just had like 4 total moves and feats upgraded to SOL based on nonlight based attacks and moves being stated to be light speed.

The game could have stated it's mach 5, subsonic, relativistic, lightspeed, etc, stated speeds are fine to use and have been for like ever unless it's explicitly and demonstrably false.

If I recall correctly it's actually one of the reasons one piece currently has it

One piece lasers are explicitly stated to be light speed

Priamary source and word of god is enough for Light speed, no matter what nature.

Also can I see the footage for it reflecting off of wood
I’ll need to search YouTube for it, because I don’t own AoC so I can’t just go record it quickly. I‘ll try to find it, but I have to work tomorrow very early so it will take a bit. And before you say “why didn’t you have this footage on hand” I wasn’t even thinking about LoZ’s speed until I saw this thread.

Though when it comes to their being no anti feats. I can think of one massive one. Though I need to gather the photos I have of this on my switch. Lightning in BotW absolutely blitzs Link. He can’t even get his feet off the ground before it travels all the way from the sky to the ground. Link being able to furry rush lightning as our profile says is completely false. It is impossible to dodge the lightning in the game and what he actually furry rushed in the clip we use is the monsters attack. I know because I’ve tried to furry rush the lightning dozens of times and it never works.

I’ll gather video of that tomorrow, but I’ve been wanting to downgrade BotW Link’s speed for a while and this seems to be a good time to try and do it.

because the beam has a massive glaring problem.
*massive glaring problem
*it reflects off a pot lid, so it being stated to be light-speed, it moving in a straight line, being heat based and burning, reflecting in a straight line, and so on are all suddenly completely moot, instead of the extremely minor nitpick that is based on a joke and the fact shields all share the same capability to reflect them being a gameplay induced mechanic that was poked fun at not being the actual odd thing out.

The fact it's stated lightspeed means it's lightspeed, the fact it behaves like a laserbeam in 99.9% of all situations bar one tongue and cheek jest (and even then, it still behaves like one in that situation after being reflected), yeah no, like it or not, that shit's the speed of light, it's stated to be and acts like it too. And the worst part? I don't even think you can reflect this type of beam in particular with a wooden shield, only the exploding kind, which is evidently not the same thing as outlined above.

lightning shit.

That isn't an anti-feat for the beams being speed of light, that would just make Link reacting to the beam an outlier, not that the beam isn't actually lightspeed. Not how that works dude.

It being a jest doesn’t matter. I can think of many series that have comedic moments actually affect the plot in massive ways. For example the warden from super jails shapeshifting is a comedic joke, yet he straight up kills an antagonist of an episode with it.

The pot reflecting the laser is still wood reflecting the laser. He’s using a wooden pot because it is a joke, but the laser reflecting off wood is still happening.

It reflecting off wood isn’t a tiny nitpick, what light can and can’t reflect off is one of the biggest properties of light. It’s stated to be light speed because it’s a laser, but it being a light speed laser is shot in the foot because it does something light can’t do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back