• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fubuki Psychic Power AP

Udlmaster

They/Them
After reading the OPM Webcomic, in one of the more recent chapters Fubuki tries to prove her power to Tatsumaki by attacking her, doing so: https://i.imgur.com/HXtOzds.jpg

And by doing so, Fubuki causes a Shindo Scale 7+ earthquake, as stated by this man who states the fortress shouldn't even feel anything below 6: https://i.imgur.com/Ij7lDim.jpg

And Fubuki causes the citadel to have the possibility to collapse; https://i.imgur.com/nWK3ct8.jpg

Now, I couldn't accurately measure how powerful Fubuki's earthquake was in magnitudes due to the fact they don't equate, so I made a comparison, a rather low ball comparison, so by comparing Fubuki's earthquake to another Scale 7 On the Shindo Scale Earthquake we can see where her power would be around, so I used the Kobe Earthquake; https://sciencestruck.com/facts-about-kobe-earthquake-great-hanshin-earthquake

This Earthquake has two statistics on it for its magnitude, first is 7.3 and the other is 6.8, and so I used a basic Magnitude calculator to covert them;

6.8 = 1.000000e+15 = Large Town Level

7.3 = 5.623413e+15 = Small City Level

Now, I'm the source above it does state that the Earthquake was 7.3 magnitude, which is likely what the Earthquake came to be in the end.

So, I propose that Fubuki and any who Scale to her be upgraded to Large Town or Small City Level.

I mean, he said below 6. That doesn't mean 7 though. It could just be bare minimum 6 since that's all we have to go off of.

Its supporting evidence for her High 7-C Genos scaling I guess.

Yes

Yes it would

What's the difference in AP between this and what she currently scales too?

It says that they shouldn't be able to feel anything below a 6, assuming that 6 would be mild shaking, they were thrown about, meaning it's far greater than 6, meaning 7+.

Also, Fubuki is "Likely Town Level"

She'd be scaling off a Genos that is at least 2x more powerful than the armor set he performed his Mountain Top feat with, so 105,994 Tons. The feat shown here is 239,005 Tons.

So a 2.254x difference

The most you can give it is 6. The shaking was violent but nothing was threatening to collaspe. Its just supporting evidence for a High 7-C tier.

Iirc she's still 7-C because her page is locked for some reason so no one was able to change it. She and those that scale to her are supposed to be "Likely High 7-C".

The justification was that the shot would have completely destroyed Genos who's currect armor set makes him High 7-C. Obviously it can't be considered that she deflected a full powered blast since that would be to high

No, you can give it 7+.

They state they shouldn't feel anything below 6, meaning it requires six for it to do anything, and with the scale so high that would mean that it would likely lead to mild shaking.

As proven from there, the entire structure was under threat of falling apart, which is far far more than just mild shaking.

SuperAPM said:
The justification was that the shot would have completely destroyed Genos who's currect armor set makes him High 7-C. Obviously it can't be considered that she deflected a full powered blast since that would be to high
I mean, we could, we have no reason why the dog-like Rover wouldn't use his full power, for example, a normal dog would bite with all its force if it's going for the kill, same with any other animal.

We have no reason to assume that Rover isn't going all out, most of all that he's just a dog.

I can't remember the actual scene in which she deflects the shot, can anyone provide a link to it for examination?

None of the scans you posted stated City A was threatening to collapse. The closest there is to one is from a panicked civilian saying "Will this hold?". Not enough evidence to suggest a point 7 on the Shinto scale. The best you got is point 6 in my view.

No. Fubuki, who lost to a not even high demon level threat with the help of her group, should not be treated as capable of redirecting a full power attack from one of the most powerful dragon level threats in the series thus far.

As for the OP, magnitude 7 seems like a fair assumption.

There are multiple tactics in which Dogs actually start hunting, obviously the immediate bite with full force like you say, however others actually take a small bite out of their prey to see how it tastes and if there's anything wrong with it, or to just draw blood as a threat

Err Sorry, my dog loving self came out there, oops

She just needs her page unlocked and changed to High 7-C. The fact that it was never unlocked it just a weird oversight.

In fact why is her page locked? There's no reason for it.

Qawsedf234 said:
None of the scans you posted stated City A was threatening to collapse. The closest there is to one is from a panicked civilian saying "Will this hold?". Not enough evidence to suggest a point 7 on the Shinto scale. The best you got is point 6 in my view.
https://i.imgur.com/nWK3ct8.jpg

I had a category for that in the OP and they say:

"Are we even safe?!" "Will the place hold?!"

Showing that many thought the entire place would fall apart due to how heavy the earthquake was.

That is from panicked civilians. The actual HA people mentioned nothing about any structural instability. Once again, the most you can get from this is a point 6. Point 7 requires reaching imo. Blizzard is sticking to High 7-C.

Personally I think Authorial intent might be at play here as well. Showing that Fubuki's power was enough to make an earthquake that can threaten a building

I agree with 7 as well.

Qawsedf234 said:
In fact why is her page locked? There's no reason for it.
If a non-controversial page is locked, it's probably because there's been vandalism.

The shindo scale is split in readings

• 6- = Meter reading 5.5 to 5.9
  • 6+ = Meter reading 6.0 to 6.4
  • 7 = Meter reading 6.5+
A 6+ is a IX to X on the Mercalli scale. Which has an giant range of 5.9 to 7.3 on the Richter scale. Considering the range and the fact there's no other hard basis besides the words of panicking civilians she should stick with her High 7-C rating. Especially since it falls in a decent portion of the given range.

It's not just that it made civilians worried, the shaking is quite clearly intense, especially for a building that is unaffected by earthquakes below a 6.

Considering the given range varies from a magnitude 5.9 to 7.3 earthquake I fail to see why that's an issue. It can be rated to be good against a 6.2 but still shake violently to a 6.8 or 6.9. Its not enough to say that it's a point 7 on a non-linear scale.

SuperAPM said:
Qawsedf234 Who would scale to her if we used the Low 7-B value? Was it stated or implied she became stronger than she was in the MA Arc?
The only implication of training comes after her arc woth Tornado. Low 7-B makes no sense, as again, the given range goes from a 5.9 to 7.3 earthquake magnitude range.

To be fair it is a city built by metal knight and we've seen stuff built by him survive crazier shit like the alien bombs.

So we should upgrade Blizzard to High 7-A? All we have to go off of is that a point 6 can be felt by the building. A point 6 has a range of 5.9 to 7.3. The range is so huge I'm against with going with a Low 7-B figure. Especially when she was meant to be upgraded to High 7-C forever ago.

Qawsedf234 said:
So we should upgrade Blizzard to High 7-A? All we have to go off of is that a point 6 can be felt by the building. A point 6 has a range of 5.9 to 7.3. The range is so huge I'm against with going with a Low 7-B figure. Especially when she was meant to be upgraded to High 7-C forever ago.
No that's not what I was going for. Don't put words into my mouth.

GyroNutz said:
No. Fubuki, who lost to a not even high demon level threat with the help of her group, should not be treated as capable of redirecting a full power attack from one of the most powerful dragon level threats in the series thus far.
As for the OP, magnitude 7 seems like a fair assumption.
As for the Fubuki group thing, that was due to her Fubuki group being used against her, this was what Saitama and Tatsumaki was telling her about, how her group was holding her back.

The Demon Level threat would turn her own allies to her side if she hit once, which meant she kept getting stronger as the fight went on, and in the Manga after Fubuki was by herself she proceeded to slap said Demon Level threat and then Tatsumaki scared her off for good.

https://imgur.com/gallery/shWmuQS

Metal Knight can make solid structures. I'm not suggesting the buildings aren't durable or earthquake resistant. Just that the given range for the shindo scale means the low end is over 100 times lower than the high end. The buildings can be fine with a 6.2 or 6.5 but shake violently to a 6.9 or 7.1 earthquake.

I fail to see why we should make Blizzard Low 7-B when she has more consistent High 7-C stuff.

@Udl I wasn't talking about DOS, I was talking about the demonic fan. Also iirc Fubuki was resistant to the mind control whip, which helped

Remember, it's also Author intent as well, disregarding it as "Lol just some randos" is ignoring the fact that the author himself put that in there to show that the entire structure could fall apart.

And it was more than violent shaking, it was stated to be able to fall apart, again, we know this due to Author intent.

And on the Shindo Scale, it states that at 7 Buildings no matter how resistant they are get damage and or destroyed, which is evidently what is going on here, the resistance to Earthquakes isn't holding up which would be a Scale 7.

Back