• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Galeem vs Yaldabaoth: Ultimate Order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. It requires humans want to lack freedom. Galeem is more than happy to nuke the universe and does so in character. Humans can't want to lack free will if there are no humans.

I'm just saying, I don't know enough about Galeem to have an official vote just yet, but this sounds like an epic matchup. I'm going to wait until some discussion has been given first to vote.

There's a problem with the "destroying all humans" option, since destroying all humans just kills off the source of all of Yaldabaoth's powers. While it can be argued that, after the fusion of the physical and cognitive universes Yaldabaoth doesn't need humanity to function anymore, or that humans don't need to be alive to contribute to the Collective Unconscious due to the Sea of Souls, neither have been confirmed.

SBA states "If extreme advantages are generated via this location to one side, a balanced alternative should be discussed in the thread". So the match has to occur in a neutral universe for the fight to be fair, or else Galeem just destroys Earth and erases Yaldy from existence.

Right, I almost forgot that the Sea of Souls also contribute to the Collective Unconscious, so Yaldy's reality warping should still work. But then wouldn't he also retain his immortality, if the human souls inside the Sea still wish for a ruler? Galeem can't reach the Sea, that's for sure.

I mean when Galeem kills something they turn into spirits.

Said spirits are alive and explicitly do not want freedom.

So uhh, don't think universe wiping would work here.

"Explicitly do not want freedom"?

Also, Galeem's lasers can reach other universes and kill what is already dead, as shown by it killing Tabuu.

Humanity's wish to be free from the burden of free will is what created Yaldy, and is what gives him his immortality. Also, when did Galeem kill Tabuu? Tabuu wasn't in the game. Galeem doesn't have Existence Erasure, or even full-on Soul Manipulation, so he couldn't destroy the Sea of Souls anyway. Not to mention that it's located in a reality that Galeem doesn't even know about.

Tabuu was already destroyed during Brawl. The most that happened was that Galeem repurposed his spirit, not that he reached across time and universes to kill Tabuu in some alternate Subspace Emissary.

There's also the fact that he seemingly effected the DLC characters, who are stated to be from another dimension.

Perhaps, but those killed by Galeem becamse Spirits. Spirits are different from souls (As shown by groups, inanimate objects and ghosts being spirits). Spirits seem to be a Galeem-only thing.

Here's the thing

Spirits are still sentient

And Galeem automatically changes their morality to "I want to serve Galeem"

I don't think they want freedom per say, so Yaldy can still exist

I thought that these battles were taking place in the real New York, and when Yaldabaoth appeared, Mementos was already merged with the world of Persona.

Mementos is a part of the Collective Unconscious. The Sea of Souls is separate from but linked to both Reality and the CU, because it's the place where souls come from and go back to when they die. Only the CU and Reality were fused. Galeem can't access the Sea because it doesn't know how or that it even exists, while Yaldy does know and can due to being an administrator of the CU.

It's also been shown that Galeem's morality manip can be broken just by defeating the Spirit, and Yaldy can easily overwrite it with his own control once the souls enter the Sea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back