• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Game Sonic Super Forms Type 4 Acausality

In Sonic Mania, super forms are able to function in the Egg Reverie Zone, a dimension where time and space behave erratically. This is evidenced by the in-game timer constantly jumping back and forth, indicating that time here behaves in a non-linear fashion. Now looking the definition of Type 4 acausality:

Irregular Causality: Characters with this type of Acausality operate on a different and irregular system of cause and effect than regular causality. This grants them resistance to abilities such as Causality Manipulation, Fate Manipulation, and Precognition, among others.”

Appears to fit the bill. It would also explain why Solaris despite his temporal omnipresence was unable to predict the super trio’s attacks in the future.

Makes sense. The wiki does mention that the final zone time is tracked on the results screen, but I couldn’t find it. I suppose you can chalk that up to game mechanics.

Appears to fit the bill. It would also explain why Solaris despite his temporal omnipresence was unable to predict the super trio’s attacks in the future.
The Solaris fight is one of the justifications for type 4 acausality on the Chaos energy abilities page despite it originating from the games so it makes sense to apply it to the games continuity

Does the Egg Reverie Zone actually have an effect on the characters themselves? This pretty much reminds me of how the Ghost Zone functions in Danny Phantom where it states it is constantly shifting (time) but because it hadn't shown any effect on the characters themselves, I got nothing from it.

Does the Egg Reverie Zone actually have an effect on the characters themselves? This pretty much reminds me of how the Ghost Zone functions in Danny Phantom where it states it is constantly shifting (time) but because it hadn't shown any effect on the characters themselves, I got nothing from it.
Yeah. Sonic can't move at all while in there until he turns into Super Sonic. Besides, if in your case it was only via statements, it's a different case. Here it also have feats of time actually changing, as well as the effect on Sonic before he turns Super

Yeah, the characters in their base forms are just floating around in the zone, unable to function. Such as here with Knuckles at the beginning. Once they enter their super forms, they can move around freely.

But Eggman is also shown as seemingly unaffected, along with Heavy King pre-inserting the PR.

Would they get the resistance too.

If Base characters are helpless in the Egg Reverie zone but Supers are unaffected, that does seem to imply a different sort of causality applies to them. So I agree, though we should get another staff or two since Elizhaa and DDM are neutral with a dose of agreement.

Yeah. Sonic can't move at all while in there until he turns into Super Sonic. Besides, if in your case it was only via statements, it's a different case. Here it also have feats of time actually changing, as well as the effect on Sonic before he turns Super
But I did have more than just a statment. It was shown that portals in the Ghost Zone opened up in different time periods at random (which shows time is constantly shifting as stated), and their were various realms stuck in different time periods, even the ghosts from those realms remained in that state regardless of if they left the realm.

Regardless, I'll just create a new thread and not derail this one. I'm fine with the addition.

I don't see a contradiction. The addition seems fine.

Egg Tech is weird but able to be fine against time distortions. Dr. Eggman himself escaped White Space, where Time doesn't exist, with no resources.

Acausality (Type 4; Can function in the Egg Reverie Zone where time is shown to be switch forward and backwards constantly, whereas base characters only float around aimlessly).

This description can work.

I agree with this. But also want to note that Sonic can also run and interact with the special stages in Sonic CD, which constantly alter time just by running and interacting with objects
Pretty sure just merely standing still in place on the water areas makes the timer that you have to destroy the UFO's count down much quicker, implying that the magical time stones in the vicinity can make the flow of time speed up in any of the stages:

Last edited:
Back