• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Not sure the potency of the Fearhax matters all too much. Dante has a lot more ways to have pork for dinner than Ganon has ways to win.

Won't vote yet. Would like to hear more opinions first.

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
At what potency for his fearhax??
V can stand in the presence of demons, he gets shit scared from a playful Dante. I could make a case for scaling his fear hax to void Mundus who is backed up by the energy of the Demon world and all but ehh.

AogiriKira said:
Dante stands. Ganon ***** himself. Fearhax GG.
Triforce of Courage. Also like...when? Hasn't Dante been around countless women and they don't run away in fear of him?

I mean personally I feel like this is more of a war of attrition than anything else. Close combat, Ganon is a better fighter. Long range, Ganon spams the heck out of backhanding anything ranged, and he also has greater range. Sword of Sages also prevents his regen while Dante doesn't have the means to easily dispel of someone who got their essence exploded. I mean, he has it. But it's less prevalent than Ganon outlasting. Raw power is slight because blah blah blah repeat Link vs Dante reasonings. Experience is in Ganon's favor due to tens of thousands of years of living. Finally, Ganon can summon enemies to prevent Dante from using any items. Which...yeah... Dante can slaughter them easily because they're 9-B but Ganon's not running out.

Ganon having thousands of years of living doesn't mean much to a guy who's fought and defeated a demon king who's lives as long, if not longer than that.

Man I wish there was a scene of Dante just fearhaxing humans in game and watching them piss themselves because they disrespected his pizza.

Theglassman12 said:
Ganon having thousands of years of living doesn't mean much to a guy who's fought and defeated a demon king who's lives as long, if not longer than that.
Kinda does matter when ALTTP Ganon has killed a Link, who's done exactly that. Also Dante doesn't just absorb Mundus's experience because he killed him. It's still an advantage, because no matter what, Dante's a greenie compared to Ganon. If I beat down Joe Frazier in his prime, that doesn't make me a better and more experienced boxer than him.

>If I beat down Joe Frazier in his prime, that doesn't make me a better and more experienced boxer than him.

I'm pretty sure it definitely means you are a better fighter, experience is another thing altogether.

Also, to put you the same example, Mundus from the alternate timeline killed Sparda and Dante (granted non of them was on their prime at the moment as one was not a threat and the other was drugged by humams), of which Sparda was exactly the same, the most skilled Sword master in hell while being at least 2 thousand years old and yet our main timeline Dante stomped him and danced around him.

This also reminds me, this Dante has instinctive reactions so I guess skill is even less of a problem here.

Experience translates to knowledge, and knowledge translates to skill.

If you beat down a boxer in his prime while you were still in your teens, you still technically outfought/outskilled him despite him having more experience. More experience doesn't always equate to more skilled, because one may become skilled at a faster rate.

For example, i'll use the FGC. Punk vs Tokido. Tokido is 34 and Punk is 21. Yet despite this gap in age and experience, Punk is still able to keep up with Tokida in SF. Their knowledge / skill of the game is still comparable to one another.

For what reasons?

Also like...power null is still on the table. Which is innate to the Dark World. Dante resists transmutation and has dimensionality travel, but does he resist power null? Furthermore, what's to stop him from sniping from the Dark World? He can attack from it as shown in FSA.

technically there was a tape in the dmc2 novel where dante after an increase in power of the beastheads resisted a gel that had previously turned it off but that will be for another crt along with other powers

The real cal howard said:
For what reasons?

Also like...power null is still on the table. Which is innate to the Dark World. Dante resists transmutation and has dimensionality travel, but does he resist power null? Furthermore, what's to stop him from sniping from the Dark World? He can attack from it as shown in FSA.
Soul haxing into Oblivion, I guess, along with his other hax.

The fact that he never does that in character, even less when this is ALTTP Ganon who engages in battle like all the time

Also, power Null stops Dimensional travel?

I know Zep left the thread already but why the **** are people so hung over on matches that won't be added?

Seriously, I suggested removing added matches as a whole like a year ago and everybody kept telling me there would be less interest in matches if thstvwas the case

Not only are people still making matches but they are actively obsessing over them like always

So now here I am laughing.

Schnee One said:
I know Zep left the thread already but why the **** are people so hung over on matches that won't be added?
Seriously, I suggested removing added matches as a whole like a year ago and everybody kept telling me there would be less interest in matches if thstvwas the case

Not only are people still making matches but they are actively obsessing over them like always

So now here I am laughing.
Making a forum move during quarantine was not a good idea, people are still making matches cause its something to kill time but most of the threads even popular ones in the past 2 months don't even reach a full conclusion because people aren't as motivated anymore

While that's a very good point, Quarantibe doesn't wholly contribute to why all matches are made, even if the forum move occurred at another point Im 90% sure matches would still be made by the dozens

@Schnee you said in the thread that you weren't proposing removing matches. Now you're saying that you were proposing removing them?

Presumably as many times as he wants, but whether he'd actually make any wishes with it anytime soon is another matter considering the fact that during the hundreds of years he had it the only wish he was known to make was when he turned the Sacred Realm into the Dark World.

Also why is Ganon having tens of thousands of years of experience a point in his favour when 1 he spends most of it sealed away or stuck in another dimension twiddling his thumbs while waiting to get out without fighting anyone, and 2 this is ALTTP Ganon who is like 300 to 400 years old, tens of thousands of years is exclusive to Calamity Ganon. Also saw Sword of Six Sages get mentioned, even though ALTTP Ganon doesn't have it.

Ganon doesn't use Triforce wishing on battle. This is shown when he tells Link he would destroy him and make his wish to conquer both worlds(Light and Dark) come true.

Back