• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General DC Comics Discussion Thread

it was something to try because it was something to think about.
Poetry.

Plus he said Orrery and Bleed should still be 4-D. The thread talks about everything which we later disagree on when we finished implementing changes to profile.
From what i understood you guys closed the thread so we can finish implementing changes to the profiles first. Which are done if i am not mistaken

From what i understood you guys closed the thread so we can finish implementing changes to the profiles first. Which are done if i am not mistaken
If there were a need for that it would have come back. Elizio33 agrees with the changes in rating, I see no reason why he would believe a thread he made that was closed for the time being. It's not being implemented or mentioned again. Also, he literally said 1-C for the entire Multiversal structure. So it doesn't change any rating.

I also think that we should delete the composite God character for DC Comics and The Writer self-insert.
Then can we just do it already? God (DC Comics) (And its redirects at The Oversoul, The Creator (DC Comics), and The One Above All (DC Comics)), Template:God (DC Comics), and The Writer should all be deleted. This note on Editing Rules would also need to be revised:
  • Preferably avoid creating any supposedly "all-powerful" 4th wall-breaking real life author avatar characters, or author avatars in general. Before doing so, please read our Reality-Fiction Transcendence guidelines, and try to evaluate if the character in question is significant within its story. Meaningless 4th wall breaking, and winks at the audience, do not equate tier 0 in any way, shape, or form, and can potentially open doors for new members to start looking at real life humans as an "omnipotent species" that can fight with ideas, words, and pictures. Exceptions have been made for Andrew Hussie, and "The Writer" of DC Comics. The former was not played as an invincible character within Homestuck, whereas the second has been established as an inseparable part of Grant Morrison's DC cosmology, and is ranked extremely high, not for being an author avatar, but for its established role in comparison to everything else within the franchise. Nevertheless, it is very unwise to allow too many explicit author avatars, as they severely blur the line between fiction and reality.
I would also prefer that we take this opportunity to delete all the Test: pages that link to these pages, though only two have such links.

They can also be deleted. My apologies for not catching that initially. 🙏

Thanks a lot for helping out. 🙏

@Elizio33 @Firestorm808 @LuciferDC099 @Deagonx @PrinceofPein

Would you be willing to help handle the following links please?

Sure, I will take care of it
You need to unlock the following pages

Also we will need to change this
  • Preferably avoid creating any supposedly "all-powerful" 4th wall-breaking real life author avatar characters, or author avatars in general. Before doing so, please read our Reality-Fiction Transcendence guidelines, and try to evaluate if the character in question is significant within its story. Meaningless 4th wall breaking, and winks at the audience, do not equate tier 0 in any way, shape, or form, and can potentially open doors for new members to start looking at real life humans as an "omnipotent species" that can fight with ideas, words, and pictures. Exceptions have been made for Andrew Hussie, and "The Writer" of DC Comics. The former was not played as an invincible character within Homestuck, whereas the second has been established as an inseparable part of Grant Morrison's DC cosmology, and is ranked extremely high, not for being an author avatar, but for its established role in comparison to everything else within the franchise. Nevertheless, it is very unwise to allow too many explicit author avatars, as they severely blur the line between fiction and reality.
We remove the part about the writer entirely and add a new example in a CRT, I can make one later

Last edited:
The Monitor's own is fine but the other two, while they are of no consequences, they are fine on the profile since they are indeed one of the manifestation of God. I do not mind either way though

Well, should we rewrite the initial text in The Presence's page, given that he is based on the Vertigo cosmology, whereas The Source and The Overvoid are scaled from the Morrison cosmology?

Other similar mentions might also have to be rewritten.

The Presence's page, given that he is based on the Vertigo cosmology, whereas The Source and The Overvoid are scaled from the Morrison cosmology?
The Presence is a bit of an exception in that he appears quite predominantly at the top of all three, whereas the Overvoid didn't exist in Vertigo or Dematteis and the Source was only briefly mentioned in Vertigo

I have modified our editing rules, and do not think that we need to add another example without very good reasons for it.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Editing_Rules?type=revision&diff=8014481&oldid=8006623

I unlocked the other pages you linked to that weren't unlocked already.
I reformatted the pages a bit. Also, I rewrote the note to format it better:
*Do not make highly-rated profiles for supposedly "all-powerful" fourth-wall-breaking author avatar characters without evaluating and scrutinizing the character's narrative significance. Meaningless [[Breaking the Fourth Wall|fourth-wall-breaking]] and winks at the audience are never enough to qualify a character for high Tier 1 and Tier 0 ratings. However, such a character ''can'' receive high tiers with sufficient evidence; [[Andrew Hussie]] is an example of a character who qualifies for such a tier despite these strict rules due to substantive in-universe context. Nevertheless, allowing too many explicit author avatars is unwise, as they severely blur the line between fiction and reality and can open doors for new members to start looking at real-life humans as an "omnipotent species" that can fight with ideas, words, and pictures; the [[Reality-Fiction Transcendence]] page explains this reasoning in more detail.

Back