• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Walking Dead Discussion Thread

So ig I'll start by giving my thoughts on diffrent various Waking Dead media.

So I love the TV show, it's one of my favorite shows ever and I've had a blast watching it over the past few years. I've never read the comics, though they seem interesting and I do intend on checking them out sometime.

My least favorite part of the Walking Dead universe is the games. They are MASSIVLEY overrated imo. They're dogshit choose your own adventure games and it feels like your choices do not matter by the end, as no matter what you just get the exact same ending.

In actual good choose your own adventure games like Until Dawn, Detroit Become Human, and The Quarry, your choices actually feel like they make an impact and do something to alter the story, and they do, unlike the Walking Dead games which are just pretending to be choice based games when in actuality the story is NOT determined by your choices, it just makes you pretend like you have a choice. The way that Telltale tried to frame it, it made it seem like your choices would drastically change the story, much like how your choices do in the previous games I mentioned. But all it does is make slight changes to your experience and that's about it. Why make your story a choose your own adventure game if the plot doesn't change in the slightest? It's not choosing your own adventure, it's choosing what your character says, only for that to have no impact on the broader story. By that logic, Skyrim & Fallout 4 are just as much of choose your own adventure games as the Walking Dead games are. Now, I've only played Season 1 with Lee, maybe they fix it in Seasons 2 - 4 with Clemintine, but from just that experience alone, I got a massive distaste for these games.

Anyways that's my rant about the Walking Dead video games. The TV show is better and I really like it.

I like this verse I promise.

So ig I'll start by giving my thoughts on diffrent various Waking Dead media.

So I love the TV show, it's one of my favorite shows ever and I've had a blast watching it over the past few years. I've never read the comics, though they seem interesting and I do intend on checking them out sometime.

My least favorite part of the Walking Dead universe is the games. They are MASSIVLEY overrated imo. They're dogshit choose your own adventure games and it feels like your choices do not matter by the end, as no matter what you just get the exact same ending.

In actual good choose your own adventure games like Until Dawn, Detroit Become Human, and The Quarry, your choices actually feel like they make an impact and do something to alter the story, and they do, unlike the Walking Dead games which are just pretending to be choice based games when in actuality the story is NOT determined by your choices, it just makes you pretend like you have a choice. The way that Telltale tried to frame it, it made it seem like your choices would drastically change the story, much like how your choices do in the previous games I mentioned. But all it does is make slight changes to your experience and that's about it. Why make your story a choose your own adventure game if the plot doesn't change in the slightest? It's not choosing your own adventure, it's choosing what your character says, only for that to have no impact on the broader story. By that logic, Skyrim & Fallout 4 are just as much of choose your own adventure games as the Walking Dead games are. Now, I've only played Season 1 with Lee, maybe they fix it in Seasons 2 - 4 with Clemintine, but from just that experience alone, I got a massive distaste for these games.

Anyways that's my rant about the Walking Dead video games. The TV show is better and I really like it.

I like this verse I promise.
I agree with you. Played in 3 seasons of TWD game. For the most part, these games have only the illusion of choice. Basically, you don't influence anything. You can only influence the ending. But the ending will not affect the next season. I know that this was done on purpose so as not to complicate the lives of game developers, but at least they could try to make more action options in the middle of their games. Season 1 and 2 of telltale TWD games are good. 3 is not bad, but it could be better. I didn't like the fact that, by and large, you can have almost no influence on the ending. I started playing in season 4. I didn't like the story and found it boring and uninteresting. In general, games by telltale can be described in one phrase: "A choice without a choice" (In my opinion)

I left the show in Season 9. It was too boring at that point. I never watched any spin-offs of the TV show.

I like the games and the comic, though.

I left the show in Season 9. It was too boring at that point. I never watched any spin-offs of the TV show.

I like the games and the comic, though.
You've lasted long enough. Most stopped watching in mid of s7 or s8. When I watch TWD in first time, I wanted to quit it on season 2. I don't know why, but for me this season, except for the last episodes, is very boring and tedious. But I overcame myself and watched season 2. And for good reason. Very good season 3 and 4 and the first episodes of season 5. Of course, not without the typical disadvantages of TWD (too many boring dialogues, dramas and stupid villains). And yet from season 3 to the first three episodes of s5 this is the peak of tv TWD. Then it only got worse. Uninteresting dialogues from uninteresting characters. Even more boring dialogues and drama. You can list many more disadvantages (Yes, sometimes there were good moments and episodes). And I endured and watched it until the end of the first half of season 11. The second half of season 11 is not possible to watch. It's just terrible. It seems to me that you need to be superhuman to watch the entire 11 season.
I had to take a break. And later, having gathered my strength, and full watched season 11. I watched all spin-offs

Dead City is below average, I would even say that it is bad

The Ones Who Lives-normal (But terrible episode 6...
Daryl Dixon is good (In some moments it's worse, but can tolerate it)
In general, my attitude towards to TV series is below average. I've only seen some moments from the comic.I will start reading soon.
Watched in fragments FTWD and World Beyond and Tales of TWD

I agree with you. Played in 3 seasons of TWD game. For the most part, these games have only the illusion of choice. Basically, you don't influence anything. You can only influence the ending. But the ending will not affect the next season. I know that this was done on purpose so as not to complicate the lives of game developers, but at least they could try to make more action options in the middle of their games. Season 1 and 2 of telltale TWD games are good. 3 is not bad, but it could be better. I didn't like the fact that, by and large, you can have almost no influence on the ending. I started playing in season 4. I didn't like the story and found it boring and uninteresting. In general, games by telltale can be described in one phrase: "A choice without a choice" (In my opinion)
Honestly I think I would've liked the games a lot more if they didn't market themselves as a choose your own adventure game. Other games like RDR2 have simular choices that don't impact much, but that game isn't marketed as a choose your own adventure game, it's marketed as a western gunslinger game. I think TWD game would've worked better if they just didn't market it like that & changed up the gameplay a bit to adjust for that. Then it probably would've worked a lot better

Rewatching the show, I'm around Season 4, gonna be so sad once Governor dies since he is my favorite character

Rewatching the show, I'm around Season 4, gonna be so sad once Governor dies since he is my favorite character
Yes, it's sad. Directors could at least have thought of a better death for him. The six episode in season 4, which was dedicated to him, is one of the best episodes of the entire series

I hope they make the second season of DC much better. By the way, the style of the old Negan has returned. That's probably good.
Because Negan as a character became uninteresting to me after 9 season.

I get that Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Lauren Cohan like working together but Maggie and Negan are such a bland duo. They already spent all of Season 11 together, they did not need a spin-off together

Last edited:
I get that Jeffery Dean Morgan and Laura Cohen like working together but Maggie and Negan are such a bland duo. They already spent all of Season 11 together, they did not need a spin-off together
The whole relationship between Maggie and Negan is based on the type:
Maggie-You killed Glenn, I won't forgive you, you remained the same cruel
Negan-I'm not the same as before, I've changed.
And later they work together. But then Negan does some sh*t that Maggie doesn't like. And it all starts over again

The whole relationship between Maggie and Negan is based on the type:
Maggie-You killed Glenn, I won't forgive you, you remained the same cruel
Negan-I'm not the same as before, I've changed.
And later they work together. But then Negan does some sh*t that Maggie doesn't like. And it all starts over again
Literally gave Negan a whole as wife and kid at the end of Season 11 for him to understand Maggie...and then they immediately got rid of them for Dead City

@MarkGoldbridge @Apex_Predator_GX How do you feel about separate a profile of Walkers from comics.
To create a new Walkers profile from TV Universe. I think it needs to be made. Because you can't ignore the fact that the Walkers from TV series are already significantly different from the Walkers from the comics.

Smart Variant walkers-Who have higher intelligence than ordinary walkers

Serum Walkers-From Daryl Dixon. Super walkers who are faster and stronger than ordinary walkers

Toxic Walkers-From Daryl Dixon. Walkers with acidic blood that can leave a burn on a human body

Walker King from Dead City (fused walkers)

Stone Walker from TOWL

And it seems to me that more and more different types of walkers will appear in the future in TV Universe. It seems to me wrong and illogical to fuse walkers feats from comics/Telltale games and TV series.
I propose to make the main page of The Walking Dead like Game of Thrones.

Separate characters, feats, calcs, walkers and summary into the Comics Universe (Which will include telltale games because it is canon for comics) and TV Universe (Which will include TWD, FTWD, World Beyond, Tales of TWD, all Spin-Offs and Webepisodes. I can create big content revision thread on this topic.

@MarkGoldbridge @Apex_Predator_GX How do you feel about separate a profile of Walkers from comics.
To create a new Walkers profile from TV Universe. I think it needs to be made. Because you can't ignore the fact that the Walkers from TV series are already significantly different from the Walkers from the comics.

Smart Variant walkers-Who have higher intelligence than ordinary walkers

Serum Walkers-From Daryl Dixon. Super walkers who are faster and stronger than ordinary walkers

Toxic Walkers-From Daryl Dixon. Walkers with acidic blood that can leave a burn on a human body

Walker King from Dead City (fused walkers)

Stone Walker from TOWL

And it seems to me that more and more different types of walkers will appear in the future in TV Universe. It seems to me wrong and illogical to fuse walkers feats from comics/Telltale games and TV series.
I propose to make the main page of The Walking Dead like Game of Thrones.

Separate characters, feats, calcs, walkers and summary into the Comics Universe (Which will include telltale games because it is canon for comics) and TV Universe (Which will include TWD, FTWD, World Beyond, Tales of TWD, all Spin-Offs and Webepisodes. I can create big content revision thread on this topic.

The Walkers profile I made was meant to only cover the TV show Walkers, but then people started adding scans from comics and games. If anything the current Walkers profile should be renamed Zombie (The Walking Dead Universe), and any comic/game stuff should be removed.

The Walkers profile I made was meant to only cover the TV show Walkers, but then people started adding scans from comics and games. If anything the current Walkers profile should be renamed Zombie (The Walking Dead Universe), and any comic/game stuff should be removed.
Maybe should create a separate profile for comics/telltale games Walkers. Because
on the main TWD page there are characters from Comics universe. Accordingly, there should be walkers from comics universe

@MarkGoldbridge Guys. Idea of separation of TWD verse is approved. If any of you know how to edit pages, and if you have time please help🙏. I can't do it myself because I haven't figured it out yet.
But if you need to find some images, moments from games / TV series, find out from which episode or chapter different feats, then call me and I will help you with this

Thread 'The Walking Dead overall verse separation' https://vsbattles.com/threads/the-walking-dead-overall-verse-separation.167645/

Last edited:

Like I get that it was probably gifted to him by the Croat as sort of "Hey remember the good ol' days" gesture that Negan doesn't actually care about. But man, Negan really doesn't need to go through another arc about him and that bat.

Back