• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General DC Comics Discussion Thread

Nah lol, I was planning on getting to him eventually, but I haven’t started working on him.
Real shit I respect it but yeah I've done no real work yet just reading and scan gathering, I'll be doing a lot to try and follow along the right path

Also facts Guy Gardner no diffed bro and was then stated on top of that to actually still not be going all out and could've just easily killed him. No clue how that made it on the profile

I was wondering something.

Post-Crisis Darkseid was shown to have knowledge of the stuff before Crisis, and (to an extent) little changed from their perspective following Crisis. It's stated by Morrison and (IIRC) one of the Final Crisis introductory pages that Death of the New Gods did 'happen' as part of Final Crisis from a limited perspective.

So, if Darkseid's Godhead encompasses all of the fragmentary versions of himself throughout the Pre-Crisis and Post-Crisis timelines, wouldn't that technically mean an infinite number of 2-C Darkseids due to the Pre-Crisis multiverse being based on infinite possibilities?

Hm? Why is that?
He never ACTUALLY fights reverse flash for one and so far as far as the Guy Gardner scaling goes its been consistently stated Blue Beetle was not in fact nearly on Gardner's level several times now and that he could've been casually killed in their encounter. We'll see how things go as I read more but from what I'm seeing currently those justifications are already faulty.

He also has some dimensional or spatial manipulation hax that's just not given on his profile and its actually pretty cracked from the looks of it and what I read

Nvm its actually mentioned further down

He never ACTUALLY fights reverse flash for one and so far as far as the Guy Gardner scaling goes its been consistently stated Blue Beetle was not in fact nearly on Gardner's level several times now and that he could've been casually killed in their encounter. We'll see how things go as I read more but from what I'm seeing currently those justifications are already faulty.

He also has some dimensional or spatial manipulation hax that's just not given on his profile and its actually pretty cracked from the looks of it and what I read

Nvm its actually mentioned further down
But he blocked Guy's attacks with his shield and could take his drill construct when he was trying to kill him. He is significantly weaker than him, but still able to stay conscious after Guy hit him with the intent to murder

Dalesean in the way to expose the most absurd scaling in the verse:
when-u-know-u-fin-to-die.gif

But he blocked Guy's attacks with his shield and could take his drill construct when he was trying to kill him. He is significantly weaker than him, but still able to stay conscious after Guy hit him with the intent to murder
Oracle legitimately said to Jaime that IF Guy WANTED him dead HE'D BE DEAD soooo like idk, like the scarab itself literally pulled Jaime into another dimensional space because it didn't believe he could take on a green lantern

he blocked Guy's attacks with his shield and could take his drill construct when he was trying to kill him.
Also this specifically I take fault with since he didn't even like use it, he knocked him to the floor but never drilled into him cause Jaime showed his face and Guy stopped, had he drilled its implied jaime would've died right there.

He only actually hits Jaime 3 times, one from a lighter off guard blast the others were a punch and smacking him to the floor with the drill

Oracle legitimately said to Jaime that IF Guy WANTED him dead HE'D BE DEAD soooo like idk, like the scarab itself literally pulled Jaime into another dimensional space because it didn't believe he could take on a green lantern
Uh yeah so he would die to Guy Gardner eventually but can still take his attacks pretty well. I don't see why this means he doesn't scale to him at all. Yeah he didn't start drilling but he already hit him with killing intent.

Idk still feel pretty faulty for me but as i said I've got lots more reading to do but I also have plenty scans already and I don't think he remotely scales to Guy. I do believe Blue is at least 5-B but not 4-B

JohnCenaNation asked me to post the following question for him here.

"I wanted to know if General Zod's super move from Injustice universe is still treated as an outlier because it's a much better significant feat than all other feats, because it's not. I was reading Injustice: Year Zero on RCO, and guess what Batman said to Superman in Issue #14 page #7?

"I've seen you move a moon. I've seen you fly into the heart of a star." Considering Batman is both the brain of Justice League and Insurgency, he would know what Superman is capable of and we shouldn't treat this statement as an hyperbole so it further backs up General Zod's super move being legit. Do you mind showing this to the Injustice experts?"

Zod's feat was never regarded as an outlier, IIRC, just inapplicable due to being exclusively a gameplay mechanics super-move.

I just remembered that it was also dismissed because Zod is a DLC character, and he canonically died years earlier in the Injustice Year 2 comic.

And not a DLC storyline or anything, just a Season Pass. So the Galactic Destruction super move is outright non-canon.

Last edited:
I just remembered that it was also dismissed because Zod is a DLC character, and he canonically died years earlier in the Injustice Year 2 comic.

And not a DLC storyline or anything, just a Season Pass. So the Galactic Destruction super move is outright non-canon.
Just gonna comment on a discrepancy here, Zod died AFTER the events of Injustice GAU, in the Injustice 2 comic, NOT the Year 2 comic.

Okay. Thank you for your replies.

@RanaProGamer

What do you think about this?
I always saw it similar to how we treated MK's 5-A fatality. Where it's not treated as canon, and we went with what's treated consistently. In case of Injustice, we had two 6-C feats and the Low 6-B feat was done overtime. But yeah to say Zod isn't part of the continuity is incorrect.

Yeah, my mistake.

However, the continuity still kind of doesn't make sense, since Zod was trapped in the phantom zone in the comic and released.
Zod's appearance doesn't make sense in terms of continuity, true, but what about the feat itself? Contrary to belief, it's not exactly the best feat we have in regards to our top-tiers.
During Superman's battle with Darkseid, Orion states that the might of their fight would cause the planet to explode with such force that it would poison the entire galaxy. At the same time, Orion also goes on to say that the Source was not clear on whether or not Superman would survive, and such a statement causes even Darkseid to reconsider continuing their battle.

Oh, yeah, one more thing regarding that fight; look at how Apokolips is reacting to their battle. Is there any possible way that they could scale from the fire spewing from the planet? Because that looks like a serious uprade.

Anyways, finally, I wanna ask what sort of anti-feats we have for Injustice to reconsider taking both the Zod feat, and the feats I have given, into account? (If the latter one I brought up is even usable.)

Superman wouldn't be 5-B from this due to inverse square law, and it would likely lower results to like Tier 6. Also the radiation poisoning the galaxy wouldn't be AP, just a hax feat with insane range.

Oh, yeah, one more thing regarding that fight; look at how Apokolips is reacting to their battle. Is there any possible way that they could scale from the fire spewing from the planet? Because that looks like a serious uprade.
This one seems more like a chain reaction to them fighting, they're not exactly the ones causing the fire, it's the core, who's overloading from them shaking the planet.

Superman wouldn't be 5-B from this due to inverse square law, and it would likely lower results to like Tier 6. Also the radiation poisoning the galaxy wouldn't be AP, just a hax feat with insane range.
Being at the center of a planetary explosion wouldn't result in anywhere near Tier 5?
I'd also imagine that if such an explosion was destructive enough to send radiation hurtling across lightyears it'd constitute for AP at least some-what.
This one seems more like a chain reaction to them fighting, they're not exactly the ones causing the fire, it's the core, who's overloading from them shaking the planet.
Yeah, that makes sense. I wasn't so sure of it myself, just figured I'd bring it up, given that they are still the cause of it regardless.

Being at the center of a planetary explosion wouldn't result in anywhere near Tier 5?
Superman isn't at the epicenter of it. He wasn't even near the core iirc.

I'd also imagine that if such an explosion was destructive enough to send radiation hurtling across lightyears it'd constitute for AP at least some-what.
I'm pretty sure radiation does not translate to AP. And considering Darkseid was gonna die, I doubt Superman would survive if it was an AP feat.

Superman isn't at the epicenter of it. He wasn't even near the core iirc.
Admittedly, he wasn't. But he was going deeper and deeper into the planet as the fight with Darkseid progressed. I imagined that still standing on the planet when it exploded would be more than Tier 6 (at least higher than what he's rated now) but now that I think about it, the 'possibility' of Superman surviving is probably too vague to consider anyways. I'll concede here.
I'm pretty sure radiation does not translate to AP. And considering Darkseid was gonna die, I doubt Superman would survive if it was an AP feat.
I don't know about the first part either, so nothing to say. I only bothered to bring it up because the Source said Superman's fate was unclear, but at best he'd downscale from it, if it'd kill Darkseid it'd most certainly at least cripple Supes.
I actually did find something quite interesting that's on the profile. Here, it seems like that explosion was directly caused by them, given the narration and the panel focuses specifically on that explosion, before venturing deeper into the planet to take a look at Superman and Darkseid.

Back