• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Genos' Lifting Strength

Maverick_Zero_X

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Why is BoS Genos Class M with no justification? If there's no reason for him to be at that level, he and characters that scale (i.e., Mosquito Girl) would have to be adjusted to Unknown or some such.
IMG_6369.png

His first two keys are screwy, honestly.

His page separates his 7-C and High 7-C feats by a "BoS" and "House of Evolution to Alien Conquerors Arc" key, even though the two feats were accomplished using the exact same power and within three chapters of each other, and both were performed in the House of Evolution Arc, because the House of Evolution Arc is the first arc of the series.

The Class M scaling chain is also wonky. Okamaitachi is Class M because she "Maintained with two Nariki Mercenaries" who wield suits comparable to Hammerhead, who performed a Class M feat, and Iaian directly scales to her for being the strongest of the group and Atomic Samurai's greatest disciple, and Genos scales to Iaian because... he is an S-Class powerhouse, I suppose. However, all Okamaitachi did was block their spears with her sword.

This should be addressed in a CRT.

Lifting Strength does not translate to Striking Strength, and she was blocking their spears, not wrestling with them.
Plus, they were in the air.

I mean, to block an attack, you need LS, otherwise you would be pushed around easily, although with little damage
Blocking a strike is not LS.

However if someone blocks an attack, and the two continue to push against each other. Yes that would be LS.

The force needs to be continuously applied.

Lifting Strength is a continuous application of force.

Blocking a punch/weapon impact is not lifting strength.

Unless the person who blocked and the person who attacked don't separate and continue to push against each other.

Basically just blocking a strike from a person doesn't mean you scale to their Lifting Strength. Because their striking strength doesn't equal their lifting strength.

Also why does Genos' profile mention his fight with Garou in his Beginning of Series key?

Should that not be in his Low 7-B key?

Edit: Genos has a lot of issues with his first key. His 7-C rating only covers his fight with Mosquito Girl, yet he has abilities from after that fight when he is High 7-C. I don't think he should have those abilities. Such as information analysis, enhanced senses, and limited flight.

I didn't see any of those during his fight with Mosquito Girl. Also his hand to hand combat rating is scaling to Garou, as I mentioned above. Which should be removed.

Last edited:
Okamaitachi LS should scale to Bushidrill who could handle two Narinki mercenaries as her own feat is rather unclear.
12.png

13.png

14.png

Genos could scale to it too I guess, unless someone finds a proper LS feat from him.

That is indeed lifting strength. As they continued to push against him and he held them off.

However Genos needs an actual reason to scale. You can't scale him to them just because.

Also having higher AP or SS doesn't mean he should have higher LS as well.

That is indeed lifting strength. As they continued to push against him and he held them off.

However Genos needs actual reasoning to scale. You can't scale him to them just because.

Also having higher AP or SS doesn't mean he should have higher LS as well.
Yeah the justification of him being comparable or superior to Iaian doesn't hold much water other than him being S class.

I guess he should get "at least Class 25" since he definitely should scale above the Wolf level sea folk that could lift trucks like nothing. Quite the downgrade...

I feel like Unknown would be better. If he lacks any actual feats or scaling. Has Genos grappled with those Class 25 monsters?

Yeah he's vastly stronger in terms of SS and AP, but that doesn't mean he should scale above in LS. Obvious not saying he should be weaker in terms of LS, but he should be scaling to a value that has some solid reasoning. His Low 7-B key scales to Tanktop Master, because it was stated he is just as strong as him. Which is good enough.

I'm going for Unknown.

His page separates his 7-C and High 7-C feats by a "BoS" and "House of Evolution to Alien Conquerors Arc" key, even though the two feats were accomplished using the exact same power and within three chapters of each other, and both were performed in the House of Evolution Arc, because the House of Evolution Arc is the first arc of the series.

The Class M scaling chain is also wonky. Okamaitachi is Class M because she "Maintained with two Nariki Mercenaries" who wield suits comparable to Hammerhead, who performed a Class M feat, and Iaian directly scales to her for being the strongest of the group and Atomic Samurai's greatest disciple, and Genos scales to Iaian because... he is an S-Class powerhouse, I suppose. However, all Okamaitachi did was block their spears with her sword.

This should be addressed in a CRT.
The class M scaling chain is fine because it actually starts with Bushidrill, who pushed back against two hulked-out Narinki squad members, however Okamaitachi's lifting strength justification should be modified to include how he's comparable to Bushidrill, or just be that outright.

EDIT: Should have read to the end of the thread

I agree with Unknown.

We had a thread on this. Mosquito Girl with little blood was a weak prototype, whereas Armoured Gorilla was the 3rd strongest member of the House of Evolution (after Beast King and Carnage Kabuto) and an elite.

Genos somewhat easily took out Armoured Gorilla without a single scratch, whereas Mosquito Girl was outright confirmed to be nearly equal to Genos and ripped off an arm.

It's obvious that Kuseno or Genos did some upgrade work during the repair process.

Last edited:
So Unknown it is then? If it goes through we should also change the LS of characters that scale from Genos.

Is there anything else to be discussed or do we need to just wait for a higher up to approve the change

Genos' arm is mechanical, so the materials should be different from an organic arm and it should be more durable as well. How would this affect the result?

Genos' arm is mechanical, so the materials should be different from an organic arm and it should be more durable as well. How would this affect the result?
Idk, I only put this for Genos because mosquito girl is Still biological.
I’ll go look at the calculation and then tell you (or we can chalk it up to mosquito girl stabbing it off)

Idk, I only put this for Genos because mosquito girl is Still biological.
I’ll go look at the calculation and then tell you (or we can chalk it up to mosquito girl stabbing it off)
Didn't Genos get her legs?

Ok so tensile strength of steel is typically 420 MPA.
assuming that we’re using the same measurements it would be 420e6 n/m2 (1 mPA = 1e6 n/m2) multiplied by 0.0313 m2, or 13146000 newtons or 1340.06116208 tons of force (unless I’m stupid). So still class M, it just falls down.
Didn't Genos get her legs?
yeah but legs are stronger than arms.

Ok so tensile strength of steel is typically 400 MPA.
assuming that we’re using the same measurements it would be 400e6 n/m2 (1 mPA = 1e6 n/m2) multiplied by 0.0313 m2, or 13146000 newtons or 1340.06116208 tons of force (unless I’m stupid). So still class M, it just falls down.

yeah but legs are stronger than arms.
Okay, sounds good.

It would still be worth it to account for that especially if it can in fact be calculated but I guess there is superior feat with Genos' mechanical arm being ripped off anyways.

Okay, sounds good.

It would still be worth it to account for that especially if it can in fact be calculated but I guess there is superior feat with Genos' mechanical arm being ripped off anyways.
Yay, I did something.
(wait do I make this a user blog or smth?)

She ripped off his arm through a fast, striking strength attack using her horn.

I don't think this qualifies as a lifting strength feat.
Yeah, that makes sense now that I'm thinking about it more.

Back