• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
@Mind Actually at this distance i wouldnt really argue that weiss would range spam as much as she would if she were hundreds of meters away. She would still abuse the hell out of her abilities in combat though.

SpookyShadow said:
It's hard considering Geralt can already go, cast body Quen, protect himself from an attack, Yrden and vibe check her
Body quen protects him from one attack

Yrdin can be escaped via gravity dust or wind dust or blocked with any one of her barriers

Before she thinks of that her head lies on the floor

One attack might be enough, believe me, especially since I've seen some openings of Weiss' and it doesn't seem like she starts with multiple attacks at once.

Whys that?

Seeing as Weiss has dura significantly above Geralt's AP due to her aura i find that very hard to believe

You havent seen many fights from weiss then

WeeklyBattles said:
@Mind Actually at this distance i wouldnt really argue that weiss would range spam as much as she would if she were hundreds of meters away. She would still abuse the hell out of her abilities in combat though.
Right, I agree. But my point is that their entire defensive argument consists of basically saying "uh... no, she wouldn't," which is fallacious at best. Even if there were only one example of her fighting campy, and all the other examples featured closed-range combat mostly focused on swordsmanship, that literally doesn't disprove anything, because that doesn't prove she cannot do this fighting style, even if unconventional. I mean, if we are not going to judge character by their abilities, then that defeats the entire concept of VS Battles. So I consider that type of argument a derailment. It's also borderline reliant on cherry-picking, anyway, which I explained, but I decided not to push that train further because it's derailment on my part as well.

But it makes it worse because it's not as if there aren't any examples of her abusing her abilities or her range either, making that derailment just worse. I haven't linked scans yet because I can't, so I was counting on the fact that earlier you said you would provide the scans later, so I could rest easy and focus on all the other more important and actually non-derailing aspects of the battle.

Body Quen when fully upgraded protects from 4-5 attacks before breaking. One attack is just for the weaksauce version.

SpookyShadow said:
Slashing damage, unless her aura is like a rock.

You can enlighten me then. I'll be very thankful.
It is, its a solid barrier with 8-B durability that transforms all slashing and piercing damage into blunt force

gathering scans as we speak

KLOL506 said:
Body Quen when fully upgraded protects from 4-5 attacks before breaking. One attack is just for the weaksauce version.
Thanks for info, didn't know about that. Apparently there's more.

With the way youre kinda just dismissing everything that is being argued for Weiss and talking about how easily Geralt wins this yes, apparently it is

SpookyShadow said:
Before she thinks of that her head lies on the floor

One attack might be enough, believe me, especially since I've seen some openings of Weiss' and it doesn't seem like she starts with multiple attacks at once.
uh, no. Her profile not only shows that she has higher base durability than Geralt does, but also, I do not know why you think his attacks can be faster than her own thoughts when we already established that speed is equalized. It's just like with the whole traversing 20 m in less the amount of time it takes for her to move her fingers. The distance she has to move her fingers is much less than 20 m, and since speed is equalized, this means she would complete her actions first. that's how the math ultimately works out. Of course, Geralt would curbstomp her if speed were not equalized, but that is not the case here.

ThaTSayMarine said:
This entire ******* match we've been aruging about a nothing

******* nothing

literally shame on both of you
I mean

I literally said at the beginning that Geralt stomps

So

Write to Paul that if you want it to be a good match, make it the Weiss key you want and Geralt with some knowledge and proper distance (in series he almost always has prior knowledge). Good night

SpookyShadow said:
@MindControl

By your logic I'll assume Geralt will start with Axii and Somne. Nothing stops it I guess?
Of course. People even argued for it earlier on. And yes, I suppose he would be outside of character if he did this, (well, that is 100% debatable, seeing as to how semblances are almost supernatural powers, and you know what his profile has to say about this), but this was never the reason this stopped being the tactic for the battle. The reason it stopped being a tactic was because of her massive range, which was restricted much later on.

If you really want characters to fight while staying on character, though, then I'm fine with adding this to the conditions of the fight along with speed equalization and 20 m range. We can even add "bloodlusted while in character" if you so desire. And then Geralt doesn't start with Axii or Somne. I'm just not liking the seemingly inconsistent treatment, not to mention the cherry-picking from earlier that ended up being derailment, which is why I dropped that topic. If you want me to bring the topic up again, then fine, I'll do that and even provide scans of every fight in RWBY and classify them by fighting style, and then post the list. It'll take me several days, though.

Also, while we're at it, one of my previous questions still hasn't been answered, and I consider that question to be important to answer, because it's relevant, and because it solves the inconsistent/contradictory information I have been given about how Quen actually works.

Okay, thank you. So, just to clarify, if she uses her gravity dust to gravitationally paralyze him, Quen would still remain active, correct? And she CAN use her gravity dust to do this, can she not? Just based on your response, I assume the answer is yes, since you said he does not remain stationary.

^

Back