• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gilgamesh (Final Fantasy) vs. The Terrarian

"BAAAAAARTZ!? WHERE AAAAARE YOOOOOU!?"

Gilgamesh popped out of the Void in some weird forest. The trees were all kinds of wacky colors, and he could even swear he saw a unicorn run by. He sensed someone strong in this world and jumped in, hoping it was his rival, but there's nobody to be...

Wait, is that Bartz? Same hair, same build... but no, it's not him, just some dude attacking a unicorn with a giant, beautiful sword firing comets down from the sky... Wait, what!?

Gilgamesh's eyes visibly turned into hearts under his helmet as he saw that celestial steel beauty in action. Such a great sword... it must be his!

End-game Terrarian. Gilgamesh transforms as the fight begins.

Speed is equalized.

Terrarian has access to everything listed in Standard Equipment and Notable Attacks/Techniques. Gilgamesh is the same.

Battle is in Terraria, in a clearing of a forest. Night just began, so Terrarian has the stat-boost from being a werewolf.

Qf7it1I
Terraria guy
Gilgamesh: 1
Terraria: 2

Inconclusive: 1

You should really make Gilgamesh start his 3-C form (And possibly let him have all of his weapons), because it's a stomp right now.

Yeah, I can have him transform right away. But Zantetsuken worried me because it seemed like that would actually make it a stomp for him.

The AP gap is enough to make it fair.

That being said, unless Gilgamesh can land a hit with Zantetsuken real soon, he's bound to fall due to the Terrarian's danmaku and AP advantage.

This is a close battle, but I'd give it to the Terrarian. Terrarian can fly, is likely stronger, has more consistent and powerful ranged attacks, is more mobile and can fly. Although some of Gilgamesh's abilities like time manipulation are not resisted, he would not know that before it's too late. The Terrarian can also fully heal once every 45 seconds, use potions, and has danmaku and near-undodgeable attacks.

Gilgamesh should take this via size manipulation, OHK, status effects, resistance negation, Time hax to weaken Terrarian, slow or stop Terrarian, and speed himself up, as well as other more versatile hax.

Hmm....

Terrarian's range advantage would definitely help, but Gilgamesh also has quite the range with the guns he used in FF 13. So that's a bit null. He could also hit him with a hurricane and immediately start gunning Terrarian down as well. His Black Tortoise Armor can also tank attacks from Danmanku, and he's definitely better than Terrarian in CQC. He can also deal unhealable damage with the Death Claw in order to deal with pesky potions.

I think Gil is more likely to pull it than not, considering everything he has at his disposal to deal with the Terrarian.

Variety of hax doesn't matter if he gets one shot, as the Terraria is 90 times baseline and can ignore durability. And unless Gilgamesh has 5000+ meters range, he won't really be able to keep up.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Variety of hax doesn't matter if he gets one shot, as the Terraria is 90 times baseline and can ignore durability. And unless Gilgamesh has 5000+ meters range, he won't really be able to keep up.
Gilgamesh can reduce Terrarian's stats tremendously, as well as time hax him to not do much while he uses his numerous hax that can oneshot Terrarian.

Unless he can reduce his stats by around 90 before he gets hit by any of the Danmaku attacks which outranges him, then that's not relevant.

He can shrink Terrarian, which greatly reduces his stats. Also his time manipulation is a factor when he can make Terrarian unable to move.

Again, it isn't if he's reduced to toothpaste before he can use it. None of his hax matters unless he can pull it out before he gets hit by basically anything.

So him timestopping Terrarian, which makes him unable to do anything, and speeding himself up to make him harder to hit is not going to help him survive???

It's not going to help him survive if he gets killed before he is able to do it.

Seriously just answer me. Would Gilgamesh pull out his hax first thing and use it before he can get hit?

Even if he is stopped, the Terrarian's summons will make mincemeat out of him meanwhile.

I don't see why he wouldn't use time stop, considering he does use buffs and debuffs numerous times when fighting his opponent.

It doesn't mean it will be his first move in a fight against an unknown opponent. I'm saying if he will use it, I'm asking whe.

Even then, as I've said, Terrarian's summons are independent of him and will finish the job if he's stopped. And being shrunk won't make the Terrarian 90 times weaker.

Zantetzuken is an early move against normal people as shown by his fights in FF13. So ultimately it's a who shoots first scenario.

Inconclusive.

@Garg Gilgamesh is still outranged And unless that sword is hax that ignores durability, it won't kill the Terrarian.

I forgot to put this on his profile, but his magical range is on par with Terra Branford and the other espers, who can lift continents into the sky.

So... his magical range is several thousand kilometers.

"Gilgamesh wields a sword forged from a nail of Chaos, granting it the ability to inflict wounds that cannot be healed by any means. In addition, if Gilgamesh decides to use its full power, it is able to instantly kill any foe with a single slash."

Not from how it's described. It's described as a slash.

Also I should probably get to upgrade Terrarian's range anyway, due to summoning projectiles from outer space and other planets.

Exactly. Both can one-shot each other. Terrarian is just more likely to do it. Not a stomp, especially given the arguments for Gilgamesh being quite legit.

Back