• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gintama - Gintoki's Gag abilities and other things CRT

Introduction

I'm making this CRT because in Gintoki's profile there seems to be gag abilities added in his profile which aren't added to his powers and abilities, So i'm giving him that

-----------------------------------------//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------//-----------------------

Abilities;

Enhanced Senses
- (Enhanced Awareness - Dodged an attack he couldn't see, Saved Kagura who got blitzed by kamui, Dodged a kick by Kamui that was about to hit him, Soul vision - Gintoki can see ghosts that are invisible to people who can see other ghosts, Neutral vision - Can see SFX)

Instinctive action - (Gintoki is able to pressure Batou using his eye technique by instinct, Blocks an attack by instinct)

Non-Physical interaction, Sound manipulation and Fourth wall awareness - (Interacted with and changed show's sound effect and also is capable of writing in the air)

-----------------------------------------//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------//-----------------------

Resistences;

Hacking
, Data manipulation, Deconstruction, Poison manipulation, Energy manipulation, Aura, Eletricity manipulation - (Tanks an attack similar to his toothpick weapon) - (Not quite sure with this one)

Enhanced senses and Extrasensory perception - (Enhanced smell and enhanced awareness - Made Nizo think he cutted Gintoki's arm when in reality it was an illusion created by Gintoki, Extra senses - Pluto's third eye couldn't read Gintoki which can also sense bloodlust)

Limited Transmutations - (Managed to resist transforming into a pixelated version of him self while Kagura was instantly pixelized and Shinpachi was rapidly pixelizating)

Gag abilities;

Multiple selves
, Non-Physical interaction - (Type 2 - Guardian Spirit Ashraman: Ashraman is the guardian spirit of Gintoki, invisible ghost by nature pledges allegiance to his master. Has the uncanny physical strength and can attack the enemy, attempted the life of Kagura, as well as cause damage to spiritual beings. When taking damage Ashoamana, Gintoki will also be harmful)

Absorption - (Gintoki has the ability to breathe a spirits of dead people and use them as stands, each of which has its own special ability. Gintoki can freely switch between them in battle. Capacity is limited to the stands, at an overabundance spirits will fall out from the body to the outside)

Multiple selves, Statistics amplification - (Type 1 and 2 - Rei: Increases Gintoki's strenght)

Multiple selves, Enhanced Statistics amplification - (Type 1 and 2 - With Iron girl: Using her spirit the handyman Gin-san, Kagura, Gintoki receives at its disposal a huge physical force representative race Yato, the strongest clan in the universe)

Multiple selves, Spacial manipulation, Dark matter Manipulation, Poison manipulation, Acid manipulation - (Type 1 and 2 - Smiling cabaret club: With the spirit of Shimura Otae Gintoki gains the ability to distort space and create dark matter in their hands. Matter is poisonous and has the properties of acids)

Multiple selves, Weapon creation - (Type 1 and 2 - Missionary: Japanese missionary spirit with a gun)

Transformation, Aura - (Mugetsu: Gintoki has the ability, like Ichigo to reincarnation in Mugetsu. But unlike Ichigo's mugetsu Gin-san improved it to stay in one piece, also keeps his white kimono)

Energy manipulation, Explosion manipulation - (Stumps bank: Gintoki kicks ordinary tin / aluminum cans with enough force to cause an explosion that could be seen from orbit)

Time Travel - (Gintoki runned so fast he picked up a future issue of weekly shonen jump during Kagura's fake illness arc)

Optional Equipment;

Toothpick Guingamp

Said weapon will give the following;

Hacking, Data manipulation, Deconstruction, Poison manipulation, Energy manipulation, Aura, Eletricity manipulation - (This weapon damages the body on data level to consume the opponent sending data which is rotten and causes food poisoning at high speeds making them deconstruct, This weapon also discharges eletricity and is able to produce energy based attacks)

Toothpick Guingamp: Donated by Edo master sword, capable of killing any kind of computer viruses and create energy attacks, surrounding the aura of its owner. Known attacks:

Staff Votes;

Staff agrees -

Staff disagrees -

Staff neutrals -

Last edited:
The CRT seems fine. I would say except for "Limited Transmutations", it would be better to keep it only "Transmutations". Secondly, you again forgot to link the manga scans, which is the primary canon of the verse.

Also i think i used the wrong wording

Gintoki was also getting pixelated but at a much slower rate compared to Shinpachi

I'm thinking of putting Gintoki's keys like this;

City level, Island level with gag abilities (Kicked a can so strong it made a blast seen from orbit)

Hypersonic, Immeasurable with gag abilities (Bought a future issue of weekly shonen by running so fast into the future)

I'm thinking of putting Gintoki's keys like this;

City level, Island level with gag abilities (Kicked a can so strong it made a blast seen from orbit)

Hypersonic, Immeasurable with gag abilities (Bought a future issue of weekly shonen by running so fast into the future)
Gintama in his real stuff: Gintama in his gag version:
6s3pdr.png

I will disagree with this one, Gintoki and Shinpachi have the ability to see ghosts in the ryokan arc (I think that's the name of the arc?), Yet Shinpachi couldn't see the ghost from the funeral arc
And? Why would that mean it's Extrasensory Perception?

would just mean gintoki has a better soul vision

What can it be then?

Is there layers for enhanced senses?
More like potencies, one can sense/be aware of a person but not from an arrow for example similar thing but with ghosts (one can perfectly see 60km away vs another one being able to perfectly see 600km away, both still enhanced vision but with different potencies)

Enhanced Senses - (Enhanced Awareness - Dodged an attack he could see
Could -> Couldn't
Better Neutral vision - Gintoki can see ghosts that are invisible to the people that can see them)
Don't think you need to put better, only if for example it's a different key and the same person improved on it, the justification will inform it's potency

Also the justification is quite confusing, do instead; Gintoki can see ghosts that are invisible to people who can see other ghosts

Well idk what kinetic vision even is... But from the scans alone all I see is just better speed/reaction speed and better senses compared Kagura who nearly got blitzed (as she noticed last second)

From what I've seen kinetic vision is the able to track the movement of fast things, yet the scans doesn't show any of that, it instead just shows his enhanced awareness
ymG3qHh_d.webp

senses the kick coming above at the front and then senses the kick coming from behind, he doesn't track the movements

Well idk what kinetic vision even is... But from the scans alone all I see is just better speed/reaction speed and better senses compared Kagura who nearly got blitzed (as she noticed last second)

From what I've seen kinetic vision is the able to track the movement of fast things, yet the scans doesn't show any of that, it instead just shows his enhanced awareness
ymG3qHh_d.webp

senses the kick coming above at the front and then senses the kick coming from behind, he doesn't track the movements
He saw the kick coming, He did not sense and dodged at the last second

The anime changes it quite a bit but it still doesn't show him tracking the movement, he senses the kick about to come and dodges back, he then sensed the kick behind him and blocked last second

For example something like this or this, is tracking one's movement

Last edited:
The anime changes it quite a bit but it still doesn't show him tracking the movement, he senses the kick about to come and dodges back, he then sensed the kick behind him and blocked last second

For example something like this, is tracking one's movement
;-;

Soul vision and Neutral vision - Gintoki can see ghosts that are invisible to people who can see other ghosts)
Also... Even tho ghosts are invisible to humans, I don't think you would get Neutral vision from those feats..

as there's no proof you can also see an invisible wind attack for example which is completely different to seeing ghosts

But I could possibly be wrong, more input just in case is better

Also... Even tho ghosts are invisible to humans, I don't think you would get Neutral vision from those feats..

as there's no proof you can also see an invisible wind attack for example which is completely different to seeing ghosts
The ghost is invisible to Shinpachi who can see them though

Back