• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Hmm Overall I'd say WarGreymon for a few reasons.

He bypasses physical defenses with Brave Tornado, Godcat's Fire and especially Ice attacks will be useless here. Overwrite can either boost his stats or possibly gain a resistance to Light and Darkness Manipulation. Brave Shield will easily deflect attacks from Godcat and WarGreymon will double the power of his next attack with Acceleration Boost. Finally he can boost his AP with Attack Charge.

WarGreymon Low-Mid Difficulty.

Wargreymon holds a significant AP advantage, but the avatars do have stat amping to close the gap, as well as debuffing to cancel Wargreymon's. That, and their summoning magic can call comparable beings, so they could try to overhelm WG. So they have my vote.

Also, @Dragon Guardian is a forcefield, does it bypass that too?

Nothing on GC's file says anything about a Forcefield.

Also even with a forcefield, Acceleration Boost + Gaia Force will likely break it. And debuffs do not work on Acceleration Boost.

Really? I must have forgot it.

But if it debuffing won't work, he can likely just brute force is way before Godcat starts spamming minions. WG wins this

I'm voting on Wargreymon for reasons above, aka Dragon's reasons. Though it's a bit speculation to assume he's just gain a resistance to those powers, or if he's even uses overwrite. And I'd just like info on Brave Tornado. Not doubting it, but as a comparison, is it like the reverse version of Psyshock, but for Digimon?

Hence why I said possibly on the gain of resistances.

Also, yeah Brave Tornado is pretty much like Psyshock actually. It bypasses Physical Defenses, but Magical Defenses like Forcefields and such make it a plain physical attack. (Here's hoping Cyber Sleuth 2 gives more Digimon Durability Negation)

That's a question I've been meaning to ask, actually. What happens when an RPG with special stats faces something that's purely physical, and never fought users of magic, laser beams, or the like. Do we consider them to have no resistance to it, and stuff like Thundaga would one-shot? Luckily, most series that are used have stuff like that, but some, like for example, Attack on Titan, don't.

I mean, technically something with 0 magical defence should be melted by magical attacks on this level, but on the other hand, this really seems like "Shinigami are invisible and intangible for everyone" all over again. A thread about it could be a good idea though

It's more like this.

If everything is physical in a verse. They can still take the magic attack if their durability is high enough.

Imo it should be more "magic meets regular durability unless it ignores it in one of the two verses"

Wait, then should Brave Tornado be durability negating if it fights a series that was against things that would be classified as "special attacks?" (i.e.: Dragon Ball had ki attacks, Final Fantasy and Pokémon are obvious, etc.)

Dragonmasterxyz said:
If the magic ignores durability, then it's Durabilty Negation. If not, it's just an attack.
Pretty much what I meant.

@Cal

Brave Tornado ignores durability and no amount of verse equalization will take away that.

@Burning

Sorry for the derailing

Say for example WarGreymon uses Brave Tornado on #17. 17 uses his barrier. That would count as a none physical defense. And thus Brave Tornado is nothing more than a Physical attack. However, say he hit #17 w/o his Barrier, it would tear him apart despite the power difference.

@Kalitas. Dragon said that it targets special defense instead of physical defense. It's durability negating for sure, but the question is, is that for all who face it?

However, one the otherhand if Rosemon's Aguichant Levres hits 17's Barrier, it would bypass the barrier, however, it would only do normal damage, not Durability Negation damage. It bypasses Forcefields but not your physical defenses.

Out of curiosity, predating and outliving the universe is enough to have type 1 immortality?

@Dragon

Not quite.

They have Longevity because, despite living for hundreds of millions of years, they'll still die of old age.

Hmmm ok. Then yeah, the AP gap doesn't make it a stomp but he definitely holds the advantage. Godcat's avatars are Solar System because they are stronger than their weakened forms, who are immensely stronger than the party, which is well above full power Akron, who is above his weakened self who performed a 14,7 Foe feat. Good, but not quite 150 Foe territory

>me remembering just now that The Destroyer has OHKO attacks.

I really need to make that CRT...

There is the blog that i'm making, but this will still require quite a lot of time. Also because I basically covered only Akron.

I think that if a third of the stuff that I proposed in the revision goes trough Godcat will win this. Let's see how much will be accepted

Back