• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gojo vs Saitama (Jujutsu Kaisen vs One Punch Man)

What's the consensus on the Purple he used in the latest chapter which ended up backfiring on Gojo.

To me it kinda seems like an attack of that magnitude just straight up bypasses Infinity.

What the supporters think?
Mahoraga can make it so that gojo's infinity doesn't work, not just against his own attacks but also to other's attacks. So mahoraga likely removed gojo's infinity right before purple went off. This isnt fully confirmed to be what happened but its what most likely happened.

Also starting from chapter 234 infinity just didnt work, everybody was able to damage gojo just fine even if mahoraga wasnt even attacking him (Like when agito punched him in the back)

the neutral infinity being bypassed by AP literally changes how the ability works. So I dont think thats the case

What's the consensus on the Purple he used in the latest chapter which ended up backfiring on Gojo.

To me it kinda seems like an attack of that magnitude just straight up bypasses Infinity.

I dont think theres enough information yet tbh especially since it doesnt really make alot of sense for pure AP to be able to bypass Infinity given how it works.

Why wouldn't Infinity be active?

If he can't use it while doing purple he gets annihilated here tbh.

And, why would void manipulation work against that? If it is in fact the manipulation of conceptual distance, as you've claimed in the past, then void hax shouldn't work at all even still.

The only difference with this Purple and the other ones is that this one is stronger (in AP) and has more range.

I don't know what mountain of evidence you're mentioning. Infinity has never been put up against an attack of this magnitude before. As far as we know, this is by far the strongest thing ever performed in the verse. So comparing it to other instances of Infinity blocking things substantially weaker is weird imo.
Tbh even if Infinity can be overpowered this fight comes down to if Gojo pops Unlimited Void before getting hit or not. If he uses Unlimited Void on Saitama then Saitama loses especially now that speed is equalised.

From how Gojo talks the reason the attack even worked was cuz it was from his curse energy.

And, why would void manipulation work against that? If it is in fact the manipulation of conceptual distance, as you've claimed in the past, then void hax shouldn't work at all even still.
It's not simply void manip, this is an outdated interpretation for the ability, purple is also imaginary mass, so even then it would still get through.

I am not sure why I got quoted here; I unfollowed all threads.

I'm not certain, the rule (mechanic of the ability) is that it is always activated after the fight of Toji, regardless if his stamina is low or not. He only got hit because (as he stated recently) it is his own CE (but he won't get full damage).

So to assume, it is not activated requires evidence for it. (unless I missed something that "lower stamina = temporarily deactivation"
Unless the user above-mentioned is correct (the removal of infinity before the activation of Purple).

My own personal point? I don't think infinity is activated there, either. Or it is actuated, but simply it has a new weakness (his own CE can still go through but don't take full damage to it)

Classification:
Stamina in my text refers to exhaustion.

Last edited:
Well Gojo was specifically fighting a character that can bypass and seemingly turn off infinity given another character besides then was able to hit Gojo iirc.

Its not entirely unreasonable to think Mahoraga turned off Infinity but atm we just dont have alot of information to go on.

Doesn't Saitama grab Infinity and throw it away since he can kinda do that?
Infinity creates a conceptual infinite space around Gojo and controls convergence/divergence in said space, so unless he can bypass math, law, and concept manip in addition to space manip, I doubt it. He doesn't necessarily need to bypass it to win though.

A bit late, but here's the illustration I promised

image.png

With Garo's Gate, if you touched the edge, you may feel space suddenly "end" or something along those lines, but would be incapable of moving it (Cuz duh, a normal human can't move space).

Gojo's infinity creates an conceptually infinite space between two points. Maybe you could argue it has two borders, in which case, simply grabbing the outside one won't matter as there'll still be an infinite space between the opponent and the inner border. If we argue there's no outer border, and that as you approach the inner border you seemingly "slow down", then Saitama would never reach a border to begin with.

But let's say Saitama can grab Infinity and throw it off... that doesn't really matter? Infinity is passive, so as Saitama removes Infinity, another Infinity will already be right there. It's not like Gojo loses his ability to passively manipulate space because the infinity around him got moved. There'd already be more infinity will be there to take its place. It's only turning it off that requires active thought.

A bit late, but here's the illustration I promised

image.png

With Garo's Gate, if you touched the edge, you may feel space suddenly "end" or something along those lines, but would be incapable of moving it (Cuz duh, a normal human can't move space).

Gojo's infinity creates an conceptually infinite space between two points. Maybe you could argue it has two borders, in which case, simply grabbing the outside one won't matter as there'll still be an infinite space between the opponent and the inner border. If we argue there's no outer border, and that as you approach the inner border you seemingly "slow down", then Saitama would never reach a border to begin with.

But let's say Saitama can grab Infinity and throw it off... that doesn't really matter? Infinity is passive, so as Saitama removes Infinity, another Infinity will already be right there. It's not like Gojo loses his ability to passively manipulate space because the infinity around him got moved. There'd already be more infinity will be there to take its place. It's only turning it off that requires active thought.
1. I disagree with this model. There would need to be two different borders here if this is a spatial power. This has constantly been shown throughout the series as well. And Gojo's power isn't infinite range or anything like that so I think assuming it doesn't have an edge is strange. I do not know why you are saying that grabbing the outside wouldn't matter. To me this seems the same as saying that grabbing the outside of a donut would not allow you to move the entire donut.

2. Conceptual space is not yet on the profile and this can't be used in this match seriously. This has been my take since the beginning. I have said repeatedly that I'd agree if it was on the profile. However, nobody has added it.ß

3. If he moves Infinity then he will just reach Gojo's body with an attack. He'd move it out the way and thus get closer to Gojo. And it only takes a graze. There would be no Infinite distance to cross because Infinity would be moved backwards with his attacks.

OPM fans have been saying crazy shit about Saitama being able to beat Gojo and bypass infinity. I doubt it, but I want to see what y'all think.
How is Saitama beating Gojo crazy really? Infinity depends on Gojo's perception/reaction speed, so Gojo gets negged completely in actual battles. But since speed is equalised here, even if I'm going to assume Saitama's ability to grab and kick away raw space like portals doesn't work on Gojo, he can still do a Serious Table Flip like this and send Gojo into space to suffocate him.

How is Saitama beating Gojo crazy really? Infinity depends on Gojo's perception/reaction speed, so Gojo gets negged completely in actual battles. But since speed is equalised here, even if I'm going to assume Saitama's ability to grab and kick away raw space like portals doesn't work on Gojo, he can still do a Serious Table Flip like this and send Gojo into space to suffocate him.
The effects of a vacuum can't travel infinite distance :mad::mad::mad:

1. I disagree with this model. There would need to be two different borders here if this is a spatial power. This has constantly been shown throughout the series as well. And Gojo's power isn't infinite range or anything like that so I think assuming it doesn't have an edge is strange. I do not know why you are saying that grabbing the outside wouldn't matter. To me this seems the same as saying that grabbing the outside of a donut would not allow you to move the entire donut.

2. Conceptual space is not yet on the profile and this can't be used in this match seriously. This has been my take since the beginning. I have said repeatedly that I'd agree if it was on the profile. However, nobody has added it.ß

3. If he moves Infinity then he will just reach Gojo's body with an attack. He'd move it out the way and thus get closer to Gojo. And it only takes a graze. There would be no Infinite distance to cross because Infinity would be moved backwards with his attacks.
The first is fair I suppose. Though I like to think of Infinity as Gojo propagating an infinite space an infinite distance in front of him rather than dividing segments of space between two points.

Fair, it was only accepted. Surprised it didn't get applied yet.

Not really? As Infinity is moved, there'd be more infinity already there to take its place. If it weren't passive and something he had to actively turn on, I'd agree. But it being passive means that as it's moved backwards, more infinity would be generated covering the gaps that infinity would've left after being moved.
But it's not perception based? Well, it PARTIALLY is. However, he has set limits on Infinity. He's made it so that anything moving over a certain speed can't bypass infinity. I figure he'd make it so that any speed faster than he is can't bypass Infinity. Think of it like "Anything that reads over 100 m/s should be left out. Anything under 100 m/s can get in", then there's of course other conditions such as mass, shape, etc.

Basically, being fast enough to blitz wouldn't let you bypass it unless you were a being who had no shape, mass, and speed on some conceptual level or something. Like he definitely isn't going to be blocking out attacks or people who have nonexistence physiology. But a normal guy far faster than him? Infinity should filter that out.

In regards to space tho, Gojo can teleport, and asphyxiation occurs by causing damage that Reverse Cursed Technique should cover. At least with his mastery over it anyway.

Question, don't things like sound, air etc affect gojo? So what happens if saitama uses the mere shockwaves of his attacks?

There's not a single argument as to how Gojo will harm Saitama in this thread. The only arguments presented so far is a back-and-forth as to how Gojo's Infinity works and the fact that his page is poorly maintained.

So far I'm leaning towards voting Incon or Saitama accidentally farts on Gojo FRA based on Phoenx's arguments.

Edit: As for the stamina battle argument, we've never seen Saitama reach his physical limit. Even after planet-busting in space with Garou.

Question, don't things like sound, air etc affect gojo? So what happens if saitama uses the mere shockwaves of his attacks?
If he wants it to yeah. I assume he has a "preset" on Infinity on how loud of a noise can get through. As for the air, prolly depends on speed. I would assume if it were with enough speed to harm it, it would block it out similarly to how it blocks out Sukuna's cleave attack which just propagates a cut through the air (It also blocks out smoke and heat after all). Typically the air and sound that gets through is harmless.

There's not a single argument as to how Gojo will harm Saitama in this thread. The only arguments presented so far is a back-and-forth as to how Gojo's Infinity works and the fact that his page is poorly maintained.

So far I'm leaning towards voting Incon or Saitama accidentally farts on Gojo FRA based on Phoenx's arguments.
Did Unlimited Void get brought up? I imagine putting infinite information in Saitama's head would be a win-con given it incaps for months at the least (For those who don't have a level of resistance), and can kill if he wishes.

But it's not perception based? Well, it PARTIALLY is. However, he has set limits on Infinity. He's made it so that anything moving over a certain speed can't bypass infinity. I figure he'd make it so that any speed faster than he is can't bypass Infinity. Think of it like "Anything that reads over 100 m/s should be left out. Anything under 100 m/s can get in", then there's of course other conditions such as mass, shape, etc.
When did he say his Infinity stops something moving at a certain speed he's set? In chapter 76, it's explained his brain can perceive something as dangerous if that thing moves at a certain speed but it still needs to be able to react to the dangerous threats to stop them. Infinity was once not a passive ability and had to depend on perception speed. But now it is passive but in a sense that the brain can now perceive threats on its own and stop them by dividing space. It's like Goku's Ultra Instinct. It depends on the perception's speed of something. Infinity is being processed by Gojo's brain, albeit subconsciously. To say speed is irrelevant is to say his brain can process at immesurable speeds.
No it doesn't. At least not for adult gojo. Teen gojo yeah.
Difference between Teen and Current Gojo is his brain can now automatically perceive threats on its own and stop them by dividing space. It still depends on how fast his brain can process.

When did he say his Infinity stops something moving at a certain speed he's set? In chapter 76, it's explained his brain can perceive something as dangerous if that thing moves at a certain speed but it still needs to be able to react to the dangerous threats to stop them. Infinity was once not a passive ability and had to depend on perception speed. But now it is passive but in a sense that the brain can now perceive threats on its own and stop them by dividing space. It's like Goku's Ultra Instinct. It depends on the perception's speed of something. Infinity is being processed by Gojo's brain, albeit subconsciously. To say speed is irrelevant is to say his brain can process at immesurable speeds.
I figured when he said

"And it's not just the intensity of cursed energy... but it's mass, speed, shape.. I can use them all to distinguish the danger of the object"

He was implying he could set all of them to set up limits of what can get through, thus why the eraser could hit him and the pen couldn't because of it's shape or mass. It would also make sense of why he can block attacks he isn't even paying attention to (Such as when he was thinking to himself and ignoring Jogo who was firing attacks at his back), or why he could passively block out attacks that could blitz him (and are invisible even to sorcerers) like Dismantle (That when used by Mahoraga cut his arm off before he could react to it from several meters away). I think it's possible his brain might automatically target new potential threats, but it does seem like he can set parameters of what can generally get through or what generally can't.

Wasn't trying to say his brain can process at immeasurable speed tho. Just that he can set a general parameter if what he wants to go through or not.

Difference between Teen and Current Gojo is his brain can now automatically perceive threats on its own and stop them by dividing space. It still depends on how fast his brain can process.
Why do you interpret it as his brain having to process everything that attacks his infinity? I've always interpreted it as he can set a limit of what can and cant go through his infinity based on their mass, speed and shape.

Why do you interpret it as his brain having to process everything that attacks his infinity? I've always interpreted it as he can set a limit of what can and cant go through his infinity based on their mass, speed and shape.
Because it's stated (by Shoko) his brain is doing the work. And he does not get fatigued thanks to the cursed reverse technique. I'm interpreting it as his brain is what recognizes the mass, shape, and cursed energy, etc... to decide it's a threat or not.

Because it's stated (by Shoko) his brain is doing the work. And he does not get fatigued thanks to the cursed reverse technique. I'm interpreting it as his brain is what recognizes the mass, shape, and cursed energy, etc... to decide it's a threat or not.
That doesn't mean his brain processes everything that goes through his infinity. It'sthe act of leaving any CT on 24/7 that has an effect on the brain. Sukuna states that a person's CT is etched into their brain. So leaving a CT on at all times would damage the brain
65iqKuEJYjw.jpg

She says it would fry his brain because he always has it active. Not as a result of filtering what can get through or not. Quoting it verbatim

Gojo: "Right now, I can ALMOST always keep the limitless activated at all times while using minimum resources"
Shoko: "Always?! You're gonna fry your brain!"
It's the act of keeping it on that's an issue. Not sorting out between what can get in or not.

15nOq1p3_eE.jpg

Shoko also backs the idea that the reason why gojo had to constantly heal his brain when he unlocked automatic infinity was because of overusing it, not because of the filtering out mechanic of infinity

Unlimited Void, its an AoE hax attack that instantly incaps and eventually kills those trapped in it.

Without Speed Equal Saitama can just escape/blitz Gojo beforehand but since its equal it’s certainly not unthinkable that Gojo gets it up before hand.

Stamina shouldn't even be considered. Saitama would not have to exhaust himself in the slightest to fight Gojo.
Agreed. So whats the argument now? If gojo opens his domain before saitama nukes the planet or something?

Saitama would never destroy the planet in this fight. That idea is a little ridiculous. He has no reason to be as upset as when Garou killed Genos.

I am still of the opinion that Saitama bypassed Infinity in the state that is currently on the page.

However, if Infinity is updated to type 2 conceptual distance manipulation then this most likely becomes a stomp in Gojo's favor as he has win-cons in Hollow Purple and Unlimited Void while Saitama would need to be out of character to win.

Saitama would never destroy the planet in this fight. That idea is a little ridiculous. He has no reason to be as upset as when Garou killed Genos.

I am still of the opinion that Saitama bypassed Infinity in the state that is currently on the page.

However, if Infinity is updated to type 2 conceptual distance manipulation then this most likely becomes a stomp in Gojo's favor as he has win-cons in Hollow Purple and Unlimited Void while Saitama would need to be out of character to win.
Wouldn't the time travel punch work on gojo? Though I assume its not a starting move

Back