• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
WoU does not need to interact with the Infinite but with what the Infinite lets pass through it, and we have already seen that WoU's failure to target the enemy[Go Beyond] only influences the defensive use of WoU.
You aren't understanding my point. Calamity only starts making those lethal effects after once it has identified a sentient being it marks as a "pursuer". With Gojo starting off in his infinity dimension, Tooru would have to bypass infinity in order to target Gojo with its ability and kick off the activation of calamity. I haven't seen any evidence suggesting this would be the case.

This being particularly relevant given the conceptual target mechanisms behind jujutsu in general.

You aren't understanding my point. Calamity only starts making those lethal effects after once it has identified a sentient being it marks as a "pursuer". With Gojo starting off in his infinity dimension, Tooru would have to bypass infinity in order to target Gojo with its ability and kick off the activation of calamity. I haven't seen any evidence suggesting this would be the case.

This being particularly relevant given the conceptual target mechanisms behind jujutsu in general.
WoU does not need to interact with the Infinite but with what the Infinite lets pass through it, and we have already seen that WoU's failure to target the enemy[Go Beyond] only influences the defensive use of WoU.
You just repeated what you already said, WoU doesn't need a target, Go Beyond's bubbles[Non-existent; unable to be a target] would kill Tooru and in response WoU removed Josuke's ability to control them.

You just repeated what you already said, WoU doesn't need a target, Go Beyond's bubbles[Non-existent; unable to be a target] would kill Tooru and in response WoU removed Josuke's ability to control them.
Yeah and you still don't actually understand what I'm arguing so clearly it wasn't of much help.

WoU does need a target and your example didn't prove anything. WOU removed them by targeting Josuke, who is not non-existent or being protected by a conceptual barrier. Gojo is, and thus we are back at square one with WOU needing to bypass infinity to kick-start calamity.

Yeah and you still don't actually understand what I'm arguing so clearly it wasn't of much help.

WoU does need a target and your example didn't prove anything. WOU removed them by targeting Josuke, who is not non-existent or being protected by a conceptual barrier. Gojo is, and thus we are back at square one with WOU needing to bypass infinity to kick-start calamity.
You didn't understand a lot either, right? WoU will not target Gojo but rather things that naturally pass through his barrier and the fact that WoU went for something secondary to Go Beyond proves that WoU will use parallel things to attack what it cannot target.

You didn't understand a lot either, right? WoU will not target Gojo but rather things that naturally pass through his barrier and the fact that WoU went for something secondary to Go Beyond proves that WoU will use parallel things to target what it cannot target.
Yes it does. Without a pursuer, calamity will not work. WoU can't target gojo, ergo WoU has nothing to target.

Targeting that air around Gojo isn't doing anything to Gojo because Gojo will not be added to the chain of causaility that brings misfortune via calamity.

Once again your Josuke example doesn't mean anything, it byassed an ability by targetting a human which indirectly led to the technique being dismissed. It still needed Josuke as a pursuer and the misfortune was applied to things that would make his situation worse.

None of that is applicable here as nothing will be tied to Gojo who isn't in the chain.

From my reading of his page, Calamity needs a target that is "pursuing" in order to activate it's Logic manipulation. No target means Calamity has nothing to direct its effects to.
What? All it takes for Calamity to be active is to think about attacking Wou and then Calamity will be active on Gojo. The logic is that simple.

What? All it takes for Calamity to be active is to think about attacking Wou and then Calamity will be active on Gojo. The logic is that simple.
Calamity cannot target Gojo as a sentient being while he's behind Infinity. Just cause something works in Jojo's doesn't mean Gojo is going to be similar with his different powers. WoU can't use Gojo as a pursuer if he can't target him with his abilities. Your argument is that calamity bypasses limitless just because. That's a bad argument.

Gojo's infinite space is separate from regular existence (aka finite dimensional space)
Dude, it's just a spatial barrier
Tons of fiction characters can do it, doesn't mean they are separate from the world.
Sukuna alludes to this by saying he needed to target the totality of existence because while infinity is separate, it still falls under the umbrella of existence and Sukuna specifically stated he needed to do this to hit Gojo "in that world"
Further proving it's just a spatial barrier.
Unless you have scans of Sukuna cutting anything other than Gojo in half.

Yes it does. Without a pursuer, calamity will not work. WoU can't target gojo, ergo WoU has nothing to target.

Targeting that air around Gojo isn't doing anything to Gojo because Gojo will not be added to the chain of causaility that brings misfortune via calamity.

Once again your Josuke example doesn't mean anything, it byassed an ability by targetting a human which indirectly led to the technique being dismissed. It still needed Josuke as a pursuer and the misfortune was applied to things that would make his situation worse.

None of that is applicable here as nothing will be tied to Gojo who isn't in the chain.
It doesn't matter Gojo is a threat just like Go Beyond and I've already proven that WoU will use parallel things for threats it can't target.

I know you well enough to know that you will only accept that a Jujutsu character loses in only two situations:

First: The entire wiki is against you so you say something like "nevermind, this won't work"

Second: The character absolutely destroys the entire Jujutsu verse, sometimes you will throw some bait even against characters like that and if it doesn't work you say it's a stomp.

WoU FRA 🚂💨

Calamity cannot target Gojo as a sentient being while he's behind Infinity. Just cause something works in Jojo's doesn't mean Gojo is going to be similar with his different powers. WoU can't use Gojo as a pursuer if he can't target him with his abilities. Your argument is that calamity bypasses limitless just because. That's a bad argument.
What do you say brother? Wou's Calamity does not need any followers to work, you have completely misunderstood this, just any evil actions against Wou or even the intention to defeat Wou in your actions is a reason for Calamity to work

Dude, it's just a spatial barrier
It's not, it's literally accepted as more. Make a CT or stop spreading misinformation.
Tons of fiction characters can do it, doesn't mean they are separate from the world.
This isn't an argument.
Further proving it's just a spatial barrier.
It's not and you didn't even make an argument here
Unless you have scans of Sukuna cutting anything other than Gojo in half.
Uhm, you realize that Sukuna not doing that is more proof for me correct? A conceptual cut would be able to hone in on a certain area of existent coresponding to the concept, a spatial cut of that magnitude would have required Sukuna literally cutting the whole universe to reach gojo. We clearly see that didn't happen.

You ignoring all of the evidence nonwithstanding.

What do you say brother? Wou's Calamity does not need any followers to work, you have completely misunderstood this, just any evil actions against Wou or even the intention to defeat Wou in your actions is a reason for Calamity to work
Yes Valeska, I understand your point.

"evil actions" and targeting gojo as the "pursuer" of said actions will never happen if Tooru cannot bypass limitless to reach Gojo or have the logic manipulation he uses put Gojo into the chain of misfortune. These are all necessary component for the ability and all are walled by Gojo existing inside the infinity dimension.

You guys are literally just arguing "nuh uh! His powers will just work on Gojo!"

It's not, it's literally accepted as more. Make a CT or stop spreading misinformation
Why, you're the one who is trying to upgrade the verse.
This isn't an argument.
It's not and you didn't even make an argument here
Uhm, you realize that Sukuna not doing that is more proof for me correct? A conceptual cut would be able to hone in on a certain area of existent coresponding to the concept, a spatial cut of that magnitude would have required Sukuna literally cutting the whole universe to reach gojo. We clearly see that didn't happen.

You ignoring all of the evidence nonwithstanding
All I see is "trust me bro".

Show some scans.

Why, you're the one who is trying to upgrade the verse.
Lmao all of what I am saying is already passed. You're the on ignoring established abilities.
All I see is "trust me bro".

Show some scans.
I am not your mother, you can easily utilize google and the site to go find information about JJK, it's powers, its ontology, and upgrades. You're the one deciding to come into the thread without reading up on those things. I will go ahead and do you the favor of linking some of those pages but you can chew your own food:

Yes Valeska, I understand your point.

"evil actions" and targeting gojo as the "pursuer" of said actions will never happen if Tooru cannot bypass limitless to reach Gojo or have the logic manipulation he uses put Gojo into the chain of misfortune. These are all necessary component for the ability and all are walled by Gojo existing inside the infinity dimension.

You guys are literally just arguing "nuh uh! His powers will just work on Gojo!"
Believe me, I didn't know Gojo fans were this dark 😭😭😭

Calamity doesn't even need to go beyond infinity to work, you're just making things up yourself right now.

"my friend, Calamity will not surpass Infinity, bla bla bla"

There is no need for Wou to attack Gojo directly for this to happen. I mean, any attack coming from outside will of course be countered by Gojo's Infinity. However, I don't know how many times I will say it, but Wou's attacks are just a set of attacks coming from outside. Even the breath Gojo takes in the face of Calamity can be dangerous enough to kill him. To give an example, the fruit eaten by someone who said he would give Wou away and expose him has become dangerous enough to tear his head off.

And as I mentioned in my previous articles, Calamity does not have a specific way of attacking. It controls the luck in the world. Thus, even the most normal and ordinary things in daily life become deadly for people.

Now stop defending your ridiculous arguments. This "Infinity" thing is getting annoying enough, believe me.

Lmao all of what I am saying is already passed. You're the on ignoring established abilities.

I am not your mother, you can easily utilize google and the site to go find information about JJK, it's powers, its ontology, and upgrades. You're the one deciding to come into the thread without reading up on those things. I will go ahead and do you the favor of linking some of those pages but you can chew your own food:
All I see is (your) fan theories.

Believe me, I didn't know Gojo fans were this dark 😭😭😭

Calamity doesn't even need to go beyond infinity to work, you're just making things up yourself right now.

"my friend, Calamity will not surpass Infinity, bla bla bla"

There is no need for Wou to attack Gojo directly for this to happen. I mean, any attack coming from outside will of course be countered by Gojo's Infinity. However, I don't know how many times I will say it, but Wou's attacks are just a set of attacks coming from outside. Even the breath Gojo takes in the face of Calamity can be dangerous enough to kill him. To give an example, the fruit eaten by someone who said he would give Wou away and expose him has become dangerous enough to tear his head off.

And as I mentioned in my previous articles, Calamity does not have a specific way of attacking. It controls the luck in the world. Thus, even the most normal and ordinary things in daily life become deadly for people.

Now stop defending your ridiculous arguments. This "Infinity" thing is getting annoying enough, believe me.
The truth.

Yes it does, that's how vs matches work Valeska.
WoU cannot target Gojo with anything until Gojo is put into the chain of logic.

WoU cannot target Gojo because Gojo is protected by Infinity.

Without being in the chain, all the shit about breath and the environment, etc, won't matter because gojo will never enter the chain.

Now, prove that Tooru can target Gojo through infinity. That's all you need to do here.
Correct, and in order for one to fall victims to said effects, that must be categorized (targetted) as a pursuer by Tooru's power.

That never happens to Gojo, ergo that casuality shit never impacts him.
I don't care what you think and you have yet to actually posit a substantial argument.

There’s no real argument for Infinity protecting Gojo from WOU. Calamity would just target the things he lets through like the air and sunlight. It can possess people and make everyday things deadly, there’s no escape unless you’re literally in a different universe or have probability manipulation. Gojo is way too wanked I swear, next people will say Infinity beats GER (bad enough he got a W on Ben somehow)

There’s no real argument for Infinity protecting Gojo from WOU.
This is just a statement.
Calamity would just target the things he lets through like the air and sunlight.
And none of that would ever impact gojo because he isn't considered a pursuer and the misfortunes only impact those effected by calamity.
It can possess people and make everyday things deadly, there’s no escape unless you’re literally in a different universe or have probability manipulation. Gojo is way too wanked I swear, next people will say Infinity beats GER
You just clearly didn't read how the power works, idk what to tell you.

PEOPLES INFINITY WANK NEVER END!
8ll4r1413ti81.png

Currently I don't see infinity somehow preventing Gojo from being a target.

So yeah given that the only argument here seems to be "Nah, he'd win"

Voting Gojo
Wait hold on

Arguing that calamity can't bypass infinity is one thing, but how the hell does gojo actually put WoU down?

WoU's a law of the world that can never go away and can continue to exist even after the user dies

Plus, can gojo even see him? With the whole layered incorporeality/invisibility and abstract existence. Hell if you argue gojo ain't in the chain, that's even more reason why he can't perceive him since stand users (with this layered NPI) can't perceive WoU if they're not in the chain

Last edited:
Wait hold on

Arguing that calamity can't bypass infinity is one thing, but how the hell does gojo actually put WoU down?

WoU's a law of world that can never go away and can continue to exist even after the user's dies

Plus, can gojo even see him? With the whole layered incorporeality/invisibility and abstract existence. Hell if you argue gojo ain't in the chain, that's even more reason why he can't perceive him since stand users (with this layered NPI) can't perceive WoU if they're not in the chain
Out now, will respond when I get back to my cpu

I also want to clear up a misunderstanding here.

The logic explained here that the act of following = Calamity being Active is absurd.

As we clearly see here, we see that Calamity is effective only on someone who sees Wou in the garden. And after this moment, he accidentally cuts his hand and boiling water is poured on him, I mean

What is nonsense here is to eliminate the thoughts of "Gojo is not affected by the disaster chain, brother." Guys, Calamity is not just about this.

The two ways I can see Gojo winning would be incap via domain or landing a hollow purple which can void type 2 info.
I think this would be covered by voiding info type 2 but I may be unaware of some ontological thing from Jojo's that would bar this, is there?
I would argue yes, regular sorceros can see cursed spirits which cannot be seen by regular humans or picked up by video. Gojo himself can see a layer further and see things such as souls in their true form in the void as he did when he found out Sukuna's plan of diverting UV to Megumi.

The two ways I can see Gojo winning would be incap via domain or landing a hollow purple which can void type 2 info.

I would argue yes, regular sorceros can see cursed spirits which cannot be seen by regular humans or picked up by video. Gojo himself can see a layer further and see things such as souls in their true form in the void as he did when he found out Sukuna's plan of diverting UV to Megumi.
Unless Gojo can do his Domain or purple on Tooru and WOU, theres not much of a point since WOU acts independently. Stands are shown to be distinct from souls; even ghosts can't see them. I'm unsure if Gojo's seeing of spirits really helps. Either way he'll need really good luck to manage to avoid everything WOU can do while pulling out his two biggest moves

Unless Gojo can do his Domain or purple on Tooru and WOU, theres not much of a point since WOU acts independently.
I mean that is fair, but Gojo can make his purple explode and doesn't have to be projectile in nature so that would help as it did vs Sukuna/Mahoraga. His domain expansion can also encapsulate both at once as he targeted the whole subway with thousands of people over hundreds of meters.
Stands are shown to be distinct from souls; even ghosts can't see them. I'm unsure if Gojo's seeing of spirits really helps.
The spirits in question cannot be scene by people who can see cursed spirits, so both would be a layer of naturally invisible/abstract entities.
Either way he'll need really good luck to manage to avoid everything WOU can do while pulling out his two biggest moves
If calamity can't target Gojo then he'd only have his other abilities, which I'm gonna assume aren't more potent than Calamity, so Gojo doesn't have to do much in that instance.

Back