• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Gwenpool's plot and probability mainpulation isn't combat applicable, and I don't know how so many versus threads rely on those abilities. She can 100% lose a match, the "hax" are usually against minor and weak characters (since it makes canonical sense she'd be able to beat them). They are literally inapplicable for anyone above tier 5, I'd assume.

She can still be knocked out or BFR'd. Her plot abilities only restrict her from dying. She isn't like Squirrel Girl, where her losing is literally impossible.

Also, being stronger doesn't make you resistant to hax, unless the character is higher dimensional, or at least that's what everyone told me when I used this exact same argument some months ago, but I don't know, this wiki's standards is really inconsistent, so it depends on who you're asking.

But yeah, BFR would still work, nobody is saying it wouldn't; as I said, "the plot keeps her alive", I never said anything about BFR.

Yeah, so my point of Plot and Probability hax being irrelevant stands.

Also, her Reality Warping and BFR is useless GOLB as he is resistant. It is very close, but I'd vote for GOLB for having more variation in his attacks than Gwen, who only has a rocket launcher to attack with

Her plot manipulation mostly rely on external sources, which wouldn't be applicable. Also, they need to have bare minimum narrative sense, which in case of supreme being GORB missing every attack he has, is very unlikely.

Even base Doom was able to overcome her plot hacks after an hour or two, and Deadpool figured around them in about ten minutes, so it isn't that much of a reliance.

Those characters were Tier 5. I don't think a Tier 2 character, with arguably higher intelligence than both of them, as well as 200 years of experience, will have a harder time figuring out. Idk, It could be inconclusive, though tbh I don't see Gwen winning this is any way.

Her probability hax aren't going to give her more than 3 minutes tops. Doctor Doom was out for an hour since she BFR'd her,and then Gwen couldn't do anything useful to him, and Deadpool did a quick work of her in her first key, where her probabilty and plot hax stem from.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Also, being stronger doesn't make you resistant to hax, unless the character is higher dimensional, or at least that's what everyone told me when I used this exact same argument some months ago, but I don't know, this wiki's standards is really inconsistent, so it depends on who you're asking.

Gwenpool's hax are special however. It's like saying you can use soul and mind hax on a robot.

Some characters are resistant to certain hax by nature. Gwen's hax really depend on the feasibility of the situation. Gwen cannot plot hax characters consistently who are more popular and/or canonically stronger than her. I'm not just saying this by looking at their tiers

Doom is canonically stronger than her, much stronger actually, the gap between 9-C and 5-B is ginormous, so there's really not much reason for the hax not to work just because the opponent is strong; heck, she canonicaly beat Dormammu.

Doom got defeated by external support from the current Doctor Doom, which is inapplicable for her. 90% of her hacks involve either befriending enemies or being convieniently rescued, both of which are restricted.

Dormammu didn't get defeated due to probabilty hacks, but element of surprise and AP stomp by Gwenpool (Also, Dormammu was pretty irrelevant during that time period, so my popularity point is also applicable). Her non-cheating probability hacks are minor at best.

Worth noting, a comparable alternate version of her (Deadpool kills the marvel universe again) had these minor probability hax, with the series having similiar rules to a versus thread. Only good her hax did was that she died last. Ik it's unfair to compare alt versions, but it is theorhetical approach.

You entirely missed the point of my last comment; you're saying her hax doesn't work on stronger beings, but it worked on Doom, who is massively stronger, that's the point, being stronger doesn't protect you from Gwenpool's Plot Manip, so no matter how strong you are, you still can't hit her, unless you have something else to protect you (like Resistance, or Higher Dimensional Existence for example).

Also, keep in mind that if the external support was caused by her plot hax, then its useful.

I'm not saying it doesn't work on stronger being, I'm saying it is weak on non-jokish characters. These are very meta hax, so they do depend on the real world reputation of characters. Without cheat-plot hax, PIS is the entire point of them, and they do not work for long on characters whose popularity doesn't allow for this (Original Doctor Doom wasn't affected majorly by it, and definetely wasn't turned completely incompetent). Deadpool isn't immune to plot mainpulation yet he resisted them with ease.

They were caused by the plot hax, but that is the most recurring form of them, which are illegal in a versus match. Her other plot hacks aren't really that substantial, and it only makes non-OP enemies miss their shots.

How her hacks work in terms of logical sense

...just the entire issue #23 of Unbelievable Gwenpool explains the logical fallacies that her hax have a hard time countering

If by "makes non-OP enemies miss their shots" you mean "makes any oponent, including those who are much stronger than her such as Doctor Doom or sorceresses, miss their shots, and will therefore make GOLB miss as well, since being more powerful doesn't protect you from plot hax in any way shape or form", then yeah, that's what it does. Seriously, if you want her plot hax not to work on GOLB, you'll need a better reason than "GOLB is strong".

Also, keep in mind that if it was caused by her hax, then she can use it, it isn't "illegal" as long as it was caused by her, you can't block a character's ability.

Plus, if you want her plot hax to not work on characters who are popular, then go add it to her weakness, and even then it wouldn't change much, since GOLB isn't really that popular.

Yes, you can block a characters abilities if they violate the thread rules (no external assistance or emotional appeal).

In the example given, I don't exactly see any characters missing anything tbh. My point of narrative sense and popularity does matter.

Gwenpool already has a minor content revision made by me pending, so I'm waiting for that to be added before I make any further changes.

Also, popularity and logical sense. I'm not reducing her AP or something, I'm saying that the plot hacks are unreliable at best and shouldn't be used as sole reason for her win

GOLB can take her out without killing her. His presence literally turns the surronding into chaos and transmutes beings into his minions. Which he won't kill.

No, you can't; if an ability is restricted, then the thread can't be added.

If she already has a thread, then go finish the thread and add the changes to her profile.

It is not the sole reason for her to win, since she still needs to attack, the plot hax is only defensive, and even then, the opponent might have some other defensive hax she can't bypass, be able to resist her plot hax or be able to incapacitate without killing her. You're the one who made up this "sole reason for her win" argument".

So, basically mindhaxx'd? If that is true this is a stomp. It's Ultron vs. Android 21 all over again

If he can do that, then yeah, he wins, which makes me wonder why nobody brought that up instead of making up stuff about the plot hax not being isn't combat applicable.

If you think I'm making shit up, then go and read the source. Every single appearance has these weaknesses. Gwenpool article needs an explanation section

This is a mismatch, there's no way for Gwenpool to harm GOLB. GOLB is only affected by harmonic tones, but even then whether it's actually damage or just his body receding is unclear. GOLB is not defined enough for someone as restrictive in abilities as Gwenpool to be match up against, even with Magic Rocket Launcher.

@Zark2099 I don't think West Coast Avenger revisions should go through. I based Gwenpool's page only on Christopher Hastings's writing. Also Gwenpool's ranged attacks probability manipulation is consistent. Characters consistently missing Gwenpool when it comes to shooting, from Miles Morales's webs to Doctor Doom's beams.

I think they should, since they are still a part of the character, and the profiles should atleast reflect the current versions in some way.

I suggested a new key for this form instead, but Antvasim's suggestions were decent as well. At the bare minimum Gwenpool will be getting some better physical abilities with these revisions, not making her being overly reliant on hacks

I would prefer a new key for West Coast Avengers instead of compositing the two writers' versions. Antvasima's suggestions don't make sense, profiles are supposed to be the characters at their best, not whatever they are in the latest issue. That's why Wally West's page didn't suddenly get nerfed when he lost control over some powers during some of the latest story arcs.

Someone should close this. It is a stomp.

Also, yeah, the Gwenpool profile does a pretty poor job at defining how such a complex character works. I'd probably make another content revision for her if I get the time

Back