• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gomu Gomu no Storm Calculation and other pre time-skip upgrades that should be addressed.

I tried posting this calculation on the calculations thread twice, but I think it's being buried under all of the other calculations coming in, so I'll post it here:

Alabasta Luffy - Gomu Gomu no Storm

If the high end value is acceptable, then that would mean an upgrade to Crocodile's Durability, Luffy's Attack Potency via Combination attacks to Small Town level. I don't know if their other stats would scale, but I do believe that characters like Zoro and Sanji should be comparable to Luffy, making them list as "At least 8-A" rather than simply "8-A".

For other upgrades, I believe that Zoro and Sanji should both scale to Small Town level for their feats against Oars, who should be at least comparable to Gear 3rd Luffy in Attack Potency. They both tanked hits from Oars and could deal some damage to him, managing to stop one of his arms from moving, and Zoro was capable of slicing through his stomach with Sanzen Sekkai.

This would scale to Ryuma, making him Small Town level for fighting equally against a two-sword style Zoro.

Kaku would scale similarly to Enies Lobby Zoro and Lucci, making his base "At least 8-A" (since he is already more than half as strong as base Lucci, who could overpower base Luffy) and his Giraffe mode would be upgraded to Small Town level since he should still be comparable to Lucci in his leopard state and that he could overwhelm Zoro (pre-Asura).

I believe that these upgrades are reasonable and should be accepted. Please give me your input on if anything is wrong, or if any other characters should be upgraded from this.

First of all, they're not "Combination Attacks", they're rapid-fire attacks since it's simply Luffy hitting something over and over rather than working in tandem with something else. Yes, I'm being a stickler, that's my job.

Second, it seems to have been approved by members of the calc team, so I have no particular issues with making the changes as long as they're delineated properly (Low 7-C with Rapid-Fire Attacks).

The scaling doesn't seem outrageous either, but someone who's better versed in the ins and outs of One Piece ought to comment since it's been several hundred chapters/episodes since those feats and I can't remember them clearly.

Ah, i forgot that we use "rapid-fire" attacks. Oops!

While it has been approved by a few calc group members, only one of them has commented since i applied the Sep. 24th edit where i included the city block being fragmented.

I do take time and re-read some of the fights if i remember a feat, which is why, after posting the calc, i realized that Zoro and Sanji during Enies Lobby and Thriller bark have been able to fight against characters that powerscale to Luffy such as Oars, who landed a few direct blows on each Zoro and Sanji, but failed to keep them down. Kaku is more than half as strong as Lucci (probably close to equal when using his Giraffe Zoan compared to base Lucci), and Zoro defeated him while Sanji defeated a similarly powerful opponent.

Well, I am uncertain if we should count cumulative repeated attacks, rather than only single strikes? In addition, I am also uncertain whether we should consider Kaku's and Lucci's power levels as linear in relation to each other?

That is a good point, since we disavowed Jojo's damage ratings for similar reasons.

As for Kaku and Lucci, Lucci is significantly more powerful as the CP9 Leader, but we don't know how much stronger he is, since they only fought their respective opponents rather than each other.

Yes. We should probably avoid scaling from those two cases.

I see why Gomu Gomu no Storm is not viable for scaling AP and Durability and will drop the topic. Although I will mention that it doesn't make sense to divide the punches since singular ones managed to break Crocodile's La Spada.

About Kaku, I just think it is reasonable to since Kaku and Lucci's base Doriki are 2,200 and 4,000. Doriki is used to scale their physical abilities. It does not take Devil Fruit powers into account. Though since that would make fodder marines Large Building level, i see why it should not be taken completely seriously.

I would wait until more calc members have evaluated the thread. At least two more calc members need to check this before the upgrades are applied.

For this, LordX, ThePerp, and Bluedash will be asked to review this calc.

Back