• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goro Akechi fights True Justice

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Akechi has attacked the Phantom Thieves in the mission to defeat Shido, however before he can attack them, he is suddenly attacked by the Archangel Digimon MagnaAngemon who then allows the Phantom Thieves to continue forward. The fight of True Justice begins.

Arcana of Justice vs Angel of Justice

-4-A versions

-Speed Equal

-MagnaAngemon has Inherited Skills

FIGHT!!!

Goro Akechi: 1 (Smash)

MagnaAngemo: 0

Inconclusive: 0

P5R Goro Akechi, Phantom Thief
Holy AngemonReDigitizeRender

They are in Shido's Palace which is in the metaverse, i.e the part where he attacks them as they are on the mission to defeat Shido.

Ange leads with BFR + Sealing.

Because, Digimon only have Mind/Soul hax with every hit in Digital Spaces/Digital World due to them being in their normal states there. Thus they need to specifically choose to hack the mind to do so.

I thought we didn't do verse equalization like that? Otherwise every fight taking place in the real world would render mind and soul stuff out

Not really considering Digimon can still target the minds and souls of others through Information Manipulation/Hacking, it's just not with every single attack (unless they chose to do so). It's just that some do so more in character than others. There is also the fact that their are Digimon who notably have strong abilities that even bypass the Digimon's resistance to Mind/Soul resistance such as Devimon, Dracmon, Monzaemon, Grimmon, etc.

It's complicated. Ex can explain infinitely better than I can.

Well anyway

Goro one shots with whatever he uses and leads with, and Magnamons BFR doesn't work against stronger people according to an older thread not sure if that's out of date.

It does work on stronger people. It's just that Piedmon (who was literally 6 Infinities stronger and when he got knocked in, he still was permanently sealed away) and BlackWarGreymon were able to resist it and even then, BlackWarGreymon was still getting sucked in.

EDIT: Actually looking at the fight, BlackWarGreymon would have gotten sucked in if it were not for him cutting off MagnaAngemon's power source.

Not to mention he can move it mid battle.

How fast is BFR+Sealing? Because Goro is MFTL+, and Call of Chaos puts him in a state of bloodlust, which he should be able to activate with a thought. Unless the BFR+Sealing is on the same level, Goro dodges, activates Call of Chaos while advancing on MagnaAngemon, and tears her apart.

Magna draws a circle. Goro being MFTL+ is pretty irrelevant here. Also Call of Chaos requires Loki right? That actually puts Akechi at a disadvantage.

Goro is a Wild Card, and thus should be able to swap between Robin Hood and Loki at will. Assuming you're referring to Loki's weakness to Bless, that's irrelevant considering Goro can just switch to RH for the duration of the attack, then either go back to Loki and Laevateinn and Debilitate the crap out of MagnaAngemon or stick with RH and annihilate MagnaAngemon with Mamudoon. Given Goro TEACHES Joker how to use Sleuthing Mastery, I can see Option 2 being a viable wincon. If the BFR+Sealing doesn't get him first, of course.

It's more that against Dark/evil entities (or beings who have powers similar to Digimon's Power of Darkness) Magna' AP skyrockets and his hax potency also sky rockets allowing him to match opponents who would normally be far superior to him. And you forget Magna has other skills in his skill list such as Time Stop, Time Destruction, various Durability Negation based skills, 5-D Mindhax skills, etc. Regardless, if Goro goes Loki, Heaven's Gate will be far more effective and deadly due to the AP gap being basically closed in a way due to how the Power of Light works in Digimon.

MagnaAngemon also resists Death hax. Considering Digimon can sense stealthy traps such as hidden dimensional holes, I doubt Akechi would really be able to hide that well.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
It's more that against Dark/evil entities (or beings who have powers similar to Digimon's Power of Darkness) Magna' AP skyrockets and his hax potency also sky rockets. And you forget Magna has other skills in his skill list such as Time Stop, Time Destruction, various Durability Negation based skills, 5-D Mindhax skills, etc. Regardless, if Goro goes Loki, Heaven's Gate will be far more effective and deadly due to the AP gap being basically closed in a way due to how the Power of Light works in Digimon.
Afaik, MagnaAngemon doesn't resist Death Hax, and RH is still considered a bless affinity Persona, even with curse skills. Sure, Goro doesn't get Call of Chaos, but he should still win. Plus, he keeps debilitate. Voting Goro for now.

"Resistance to Death Manipulation and Time Manipulation."

So is he gonna go for Loki or not? He goes for Loki, Heaven's Gate will simply suck him in. Also, RH or not, he can still be BFR'd or fall to Magna's other hax. He'd have to strickly stay RH and never go to Loki. Not to mention that Magna can also control his BFR on thought as well as stop/erase time on thought. So him getting physically slower won't harm his thoughts.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
"Resistance to Death Manipulation and Time Manipulation."

So is he gonna go for Loki or not? He goes for Loki, Heaven's Gate will simply suck him in. Also, RH or not, he can still be BFR'd or fall to Magna's other hax. He'd have to strickly stay RH and never go to Loki. Not to mention that Magna can also control his BFR on thought as well as stop/erase time on thought. So him getting physically slower won't harm his thoughts.
That's an inherited skill, though. If we're using inherited skills, Goro loses by default due to Magna having both his weaknesses. Thus, this is a stomp due to the sheer variety of Magna's hax. Why does this match exist?

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Did you read the OP?

Also, this is far from a stomp...even if Magna wins.
Could you please explain to me how this isn't a stomp? Also, I did read the OP, I guess I just didn't read it thoroughly.

Because outside of Loki, Akechi with RH still holds a massive AP advantage. And it becomes either Akechi gets BFR'd or he one shots. It's bo different to Monzaemon being killed by a gunshot off the bat in his fight. As long as the character has a wincon, the fight is still valid.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Because outside of Loki, Akechi with RH still holds a massive AP advantage. And it becomes either Akechi gets BFR'd or he one shots. It's bo different to Monzaemon being killed by a gunshot off the bat in his fight. As long as the character has a wincon, the fight is still valid.
Fair enough. Assuming BFR isn't instant, I still vote Akechi. His AP difference and ability to debilitate should just wreck Magna. And if Magna resists both light and dark, Akechi just uses Megidolaon and nukes Magna. Even if Akechi is occupied trying not to get sucked in by BFR, RH can just act on his own and nuke Magna before Akechi gets sealed away. That should work, yeah?

Akechi's attacks can still be dodged as Digimon can dodge attacks that appear right under them. AP or not, Magna can still move after summoning the gate and literally anything is fee game once that gate is drawn, which isn't that hard to do. Plus, he notices he's slower, Magna's thoughts will still be the same speed and he'd react accordinly, nd this all assumes that Akechi doesn't go Loki as well. But vote counted. Also, he could try, but Magna can still move outside of control the gate which will be Akechi's biggest hurdle as Magna will move the gate around mid fight in character.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Akechi's attacks can still be dodged as Digimon can dodge attacks that appear right under them. AP or not, Magna can still move after summoning the gate and literally anything is fee game once that gate is drawn, which isn't that hard to do. Plus, he notices he's slower, Magna's thoughts will still be the same speed and he'd react accordinly, nd this all assumes that Akechi doesn't go Loki as well. But vote counted. Also, he could try, but Magna can still move outside of control the gate which will be Akechi's biggest hurdle as Magna will move the gate around mid fight in character.
I saw that BlackWarGraymon was able to cut off Magna's power, which dealt with the gate. How is this done, and can Akechi replicate it?

No that wouldn't be possible as that specific MagnaAngemon was a temporary transformation for Patamon and thus needed a bunch of power the stay in the form. However, the MagnaAngemon species outside of that particular one evolved naturally and as such it's form is permanent without the need of an outside power supply.

Ah, I see. In any case, I know I already voted, but I think Akechi wins 7/10 matches, just due to having multiple wincons to Magna's 1, that being Heaven's gate. And the pretty huge gap in stats. Sure, if Akechi switches to Loki, he's gonna get sucked in, as well as the rise in AP that closes the AP gap, but similar to the RH wincon, how soon does BFR happen before Loki nukes Magna out of existence? And he would get nuked, since only Magna's AP and Hax Potency rises. Not his speed/durability.

I don't believe that Magna's offensive info manip will work because Akechi resists status effects which can affect robots with no mind or soul, therefore status ailment resist likely = info manip resist.

Time stop doesn't work because both Personas and Persona users both resist it, but probably not Heaven's Gate. So, what would happen in this scenario is that Magna tries time stop for as easy win, Akechi and Loki resist it, and then Magna dies in any of ways.

Time destruction WOULD be a good wincon, except for one thing: afaik, Magna doesn't exist outside of time, and time destruction sounds like a time nuke, so TD would lead to an inconclusive match. Not that Magna would use it anyways, since it defeats the purpose of letting the P-Thieves pass, and Magna doesn't seem like the kind of person to nuke everything just to kill one person.

"due to having multiple wincons to Magna's 1"

MagnaAngemon has multiple wincons via his other skills such as his mindhax, offensive information attacks, time hax inherited from Clockmon, Invisibility, Duplication etc.

"but similar to the RH wincon, how soon does BFR happen before Loki nukes Magna out of existence?"

It can happen pretty instantly and you're forgetting that Magna can do other things while controlling Heaven's Gate. Just as Loki can one shot Magna, Magna has many skills that can take out Akechi in an instant. Not to mention that Magna can just as well dodge and move the gate to a location that is pretty dangerous for Akechi. Like behind him or in front of him.

"And he would get nuked, since only Magna's AP and Hax Potency rises. Not his speed/durability."

It raises the power of his physical stats. So just as his strikes raise in power, his durability would scale as Striking Strength scales to durability.

"I don't believe that Magna's offensive info manip will work because Akechi resists status effects which can affect robots with no mind or soul, therefore status ailment resist likely = info manip resist."

These Offensive Information Manipulation attacks harm and instantly kill other Digimon who can resist the powers of the Eaters which are all Information based. Literally everything a Digimon does is Information Manipulation based.

"Time stop doesn't work because both Personas and Persona users both resist it,"

He inherits it from Clockmon who could time hax an immeasurable.

"So, what would happen in this scenario is that Magna tries time stop for as easy win, Akechi and Loki resist it, and then Magna dies in any of ways."

No, he then thinks again and erases him from time.

"Time destruction WOULD be a good wincon, except for one thing: afaik, Magna doesn't exist outside of time, and time destruction sounds like a time nuke, so TD would lead to an inconclusive match."

That's not how that works. It is a targeted temporal destruction, meaning it erases Akechi from time and no one else. The universe does not effect anyone else.

In which case, it's a stomp. Magna sneezes (figuratively speaking) and Akechi's erased from existence 6 ways from Sunday. Or he gets Time Stopped and Magna gets to kill Akechi without a fight. Or Magna just BFR's Akechi. Magna can't NOT win.

It's a crying shame, since I really like Akechi, but Magna wins because of hax.

Or in another outcome, Magna gets one shot. Seeing as we lack votes, let me give my thoughts.

Akechi has the AP advantage outside of Loki who acfually allows Magna to match him.

Magna has a massive hax advantage starting with BFR and just as Akechi can one shot at almost any point, Magna can hax Akechi at nearly any point not to mention that Magna can freely move the Gate to any location he wants.

Skill wise I would say Magna takes this hands down due to being born with a natural combat instinct and due to having evolved naturally, he would have a vadt amount of experience in fighting various Digimon.

If I were to be blunt, I would see this as a pretty invonvlusive fight as both fighters can basically end the fight at almost any point due to their abilities.

Not like this can be added regsrdless due to the forum move and the fact that Akechi won't be 4-A forever. I just wanted to hurry and make the fight due to it being thematic.

Personally I see Magna taking this overall, Goro can't resist BFR and there is a chance his attack will miss.

Back