• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's the Cestus feat?
Persephone does actually block it, I have the scan saved in my PC so I'll post that later.

I brought the Persephone's death feat up in the Norse Kratos abilities addition thread. That is most likely Kratos reacting to light since the actual physical explosion happens way after Kratos' reaction feat.
I'd argue it could also be the booming sound but you could say its the light
Also I don't mind these being calculated as just normal reaction to light feats but I feel like they should be Infinite speed feats tbh since Kratos utilizes the Primordial Fire to actually do these attacks which is the source of Helios' power. There's also him dodging that attack from Atlas but even if this isn't accepted, it should still be an upgrade over his current ratings.
The Light is solid but I think theres reasons to not assume Infinite
  1. The Light of Eos is nowehere near as powerful as Helios' application of the Primordial Fire (neither having its world ending potential or its speed feats
  2. The Primordial Fire also birthed all mundane fires in the setting so we know not everything is equal
  3. Infinite Persephone means Infinite Kratos before his godhood which means we're looking at a Kratos who has no reason tto be tagged by Ares' infinite rock (I hate to bring this up again
  4. While GOW1 has statements for Kratos being Infinite (Hermes and Zeus' lightning) these both feel hyperbolic and are referenced in terms of shorter bursts
It makes more sense imo to say the Light of Dawn is just SOL and not Infinite based on all the above

Oh well, I don't mind either way. Regardless, shouldn't Kratos have LS attack speed via the Sun Shield?

As for the OP, I think we can settle mid way and use "At least (insert result of the calced feats), possibly or likely FTL (Reasoning in the OP)"

Where's the Cestus feat?

Also about Infinite speed for Chains of Olympus cast, characters with infinite speed aren't supposed to be same speed anyway. Scaling inbetween charcaters can exist.
For example Zeus can blitz Hermes while both are infinite speeds.
Infinite Persephone means Infinite Kratos before his godhood which means we're looking at a Kratos who has no reason tto be tagged by Ares' infinite rock (I hate to bring this up again
No, only Kratos with Gauntlet of Zeus would scale.
Even if he does, like I mentioned Ares would still be far faster in scaling.

Also about Infinite speed for Chains of Olympus cast, characters with infinite speed aren't supposed to be same speed anyway. Scaling inbetween charcaters can exist.
For example Zeus can blitz Hermes while both are infinite speeds.

No, only Kratos with Gauntlet of Zeus would scale.
Why? The Gauntlet adds striking power but it doesn’t just amp his speeds so anything Persephone does would likely scale to base Kratos
Even if he does, like I mentioned Ares would still be far faster in scaling.
I know, I’m just saying the gap seems significantly larger then just them being the same tier
Alright made a calc request for both feats.
this is the light speed stuff right

? The Gauntlet adds striking power but it doesn’t just amp his speeds so anything Persephone does would likely scale to base Kratos
Explain how he blitzed Atlas then, he needed to manipulate chains fast enough to bind him.
Mid Game GoW2 Kratos can't avoid being caught by him.
In every physical stat(speed and power) Gauntlet of Zeus Kratos>>Atlas>>GoW2 Kratos(Mid Game).
I know, I’m just saying the gap seems significantly larger then just them being the same tier
Infinite speed allows for that lvl of scaling, you can even have that in finite speeds, lots of characters have that.

Btw if Atlas has Infinite speed in CoO then Kratos would scale to him so he needs two keys if we're not going with infinite speed CoO Kratos.

Kratos isn't infinitely slower than Atlas even when he's not wearing the Gauntlet of Zeus as he managed to dodge an attack from him and then put on the Gauntlet of Zeus to chain him up. So you can't really have infinite speed Atlas without giving the same rating to Kratos (just Kratos, not with any special equipment) in Chains of Olympus.

You don't need to wear it access its power, it just shows that having it on your person in the inventory is more than enough.

For example you can fight Persephone with BoC alone, doesn't mean he can do it without GoZ in his arsenal.

Though I can see Kratos having same rating as these guys without GoZ, just downscaling to a lower degree. So I am neutral on your proposal.
Lets see what the others say.

Explain how he blitzed Atlas then, he needed to manipulate chains fast enough to bind him.
Mid Game GoW2 Kratos can't avoid being caught by him.
In every physical stat(speed and power) Gauntlet of Zeus Kratos>>Atlas>>GoW2 Kratos(Mid Game).
Id say it’s inconsistent for that very reason; if a stronger Kratos isn’t able to blitz or react to Atlas then it makes
No sense for him to do so here

As for why; Atlas is insanely Arrogant, he refuel spends the encounter in GOWII just insulting you and calling you insignificant to him

It’s entirely possible he didnt imagine a mere mortal Could do that

And again this is a weakened Atlas so idk if he’s even at full speed here

Id say it’s inconsistent for that very reason; if a stronger Kratos isn’t able to blitz or react to Atlas then it makes
No sense for him to do so here
Stronger than who?? I don't see any inconsistency...Gauntlet of Zeus isn't any normal weapon, its same tier Blade of Olympus or Claws of Hades, its okay if Kratos from Chains of Olympus is stronger with GoZ compared to Mid Game GoW2 Kratos. Its one time thing anyway.

Remember Kratos lost all his powers at start of 2 when couldn't even save his Pegasus from under Typhon's fingers, but he was toe to toe with Zeus with and without wielding Blade of Olympus at the end.
Same in GoW3, loses all powers in river Styx but a short trek through Underworld later he is stomping Hades.
He has busted Accelerated Development and Reactive Power Lvl in those two games.
So he is allowed to vary wildly in strength in the same game.
Though in GoW2, at that time, he was 2C since he broke those Atlas chains which are forged by Warhammer of Ares which is a Legendary Weapon of same tier as Blade of Olympus and Claws of Hades as shown by Ascension Multiplayer.

As for why; Atlas is insanely Arrogant, he refuel spends the encounter in GOWII just insulting you and calling you insignificant to him
Thats, not arrogant...he was wayy way stronger than Kratos at that moment, so he was right. Besides who wouldn't be salty after such an imprisonment and your imprisoner appears pathetically in front of you ask for help.
It’s entirely possible he didnt imagine a mere mortal Could do that
Thats not a good enough reason to get blitzed by a finite speed guy if thats what you are proposing, thats if we even take this as valid.
And remember its Atlas who initiates offense on Persephone's command and Kratos counters him with GoZ chain manip, this is repeated 4 times for each of his hands, First time can be forgiven, not rest of the 3.
And again this is a weakened Atlas so idk if he’s even at full speed here
Weakened Atlas who performs a 2C feat and has speed above Helios to bring him down.

Well its midnight, so I go to sleep now. See you tomorrow.

Last edited:
Stronger than who?? I don't see any inconsistency...Gauntlet of Zeus isn't any normal weapon, its same tier Blade of Olympus or Claws of Hades, its okay if Kratos from Chains of Olympus is stronger with GoZ compared to Mid Game GoW2 Kratos. Its one time thing anyway.
Kratos in 2 is clearly meant to be > his demigod self.

It also doesn’t help he doesn’t really have the feats with the Gaubtlet to prove it, he seals Atlas and harms Persephone but I’m revising her and Atlas being chained is unquantifiable
Remember Kratos lost all his powers at start of 2 when couldn't even save his Pegasus from under Typhon's fingers, but he was toe to toe with Zeus with and without wielding Blade of Olympus at the end.
He didn’t; he lost his God powers but the dormant Hope he gained from Pandora’s Box was still there
Same in GoW3, loses all powers in river Styx but a short trek through Underworld later he is stomping Hades.
He lost his weapons, not his powers
He has busted Accelerated Development and Reactive Power Lvl in those two games.
Wat I thought he had that only as GOW. Why does he have it in base
So he is allowed to vary wildly in strength in the same game.
Though in GoW2, at that time, he was 2C since he broke those Atlas chains which are forged by Warhammer of Ares which is a Legendary Weapon of same tier as Blade of Olympus and Claws of Hades as shown by Ascension Multiplayer.
Blade of Olympus is clearly much stronger tho; it singlehandedly ended the war compared to the Claws and Hammer simply being weapons used to fight
Thats, not arrogant...he was wayy way stronger than Kratos at that moment, so he was right. Besides who wouldn't be salty after such an imprisonment and your imprisoner appears pathetically in front of you ask for help.
He literally calls him too little even for an Olympian to be a hod
The implication being he thinks Olympians are puny despite then ruling and not him
Thats not a good enough reason to get blitzed by a finite speed guy if thats what you are proposing, thats if we even take this as valid.
It’s still something since the only other Infibite stuff Kratos has is the GOW1 statements which is infamously hyperbolic
And remember its Atlas who initiates offense on Persephone's command and Kratos counters him with GoZ chain manip, this is repeated 4 times for each of his hands, First time can be forgiven, not rest of the 3.

Weakened Atlas who performs a 2C feat and has speed above Helios to bring him down.
We don’t really know how Atlas took Helios tho so we can’t really powerscale him this way
Well its midnight, so I go to sleep now. See you tomorrow.
Night bb

Anyway we kinda got derailed there but I definitely think calling Persephone’s feat would help immensely

Btw don’t know if anyone brought this up, but there are lightning sirens that have lightning strikes that Kratos could dodge in Ascension, so that’s one supporting feat that can be used for early series Kratos.

So I suppose we can use the Lightning Sirens for Ascension and the two light reactions for Chains of Olympus as a base with a likely or possibly FTL rating.

You can go off of gameplay...
I’ve seen us go off gameplay but only for scripted animations with stuff like the prey Mechanic from Assassins Creed or for stuff that just always happens.

So I suppose we can use the Lightning Sirens for Ascension and the two light reactions for Chains of Olympus as a base with a likely or possibly FTL rating.
Yeah this works for me, maybe it could be phrased as

“X Tier (could battle Persephone [who can block the Light of Dawn], can dodge lightning from Sirens and Talos constructs), possibly FTL (is described as faster then the Redeemed Warrior [who possesses the Light Speed Essence of Hyperion])

Which might be a pretty long wait since no one has shown interest in calcing the requested feats yet and currently we don't even have a clip of the lightning feat.

I don’t think so. Better to get someone to calc this so we can get somewhere in this thread

We need at least 2 feats calced to conclude this, the Lightning Siren thing (still don't have a clip of Kratos dodging or blocking it) and at least one feat from Chains of Olympus from the two I requested in the Calc Requests thread.

If you can find a clip of Kratos dodging the lightning that would be great, I can’t find a single walkthrough where Kratos dodges the lightning properly.

I don't think we can find a clip like that easily, a better method is for someone who has Ascension to fight the Sirens and record the lightning dodge, then upload the clip to a site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back