• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Groudon vs Grigori(Dragon's Dogma)

Professor_Voodoo

Joke Battles
Administrator
Trying to find even original matchups is hard asf...

• Victory by Death\Permanent Incapitation
  • Both Bloodlusted
Round 1: VS Groudon

Round 2: VS Primal Groudon

Well, this is interesting. I'll get back to you on this, there's a lot in play here...

(inserts generic NLF comment about lol Grigori can only be killed by an Arisen in the meantime XP)

Alright, now...

Round 1.

For starters, their stats are basically the same, so I'm going to have to go into the details here.

Grigori is highly resistant to both fire and holy (what would that translate to? Fairy?) ...and for some reason, that includes ground/earth-based attacks as well. Groudon, on the other hand, while immune to lightning and resistant to poison and rock, is weak to grass, water, and ice, the last of which Grigori is capable of using. And while it is true that Groudon's got Hyper Beam, Grigori can counter that with the Fires of Perdition, for an easy kill. Basically, at long range, Grigori is going to get more mileage out of his attacks, as he's resistant to most everything Groudon's got and has spells that are super effective against Groudon as well. Combine this with his ability to fly, the fact that he's likely considerably smarter and therefore can implement his powers more effectively, and of course some pretty good hax in the form of transmutation, possession, and reality-warping, and I'm inclined to give it to the big G. ...no, not Godzilla, I'm referring to Grigori.

Round 2.

Okay, so this is quite a bit closer. Not only does Groudon now lack any notable weaknesses for Grigori to exploit besides his rage, he now has a significant advantage in DC and Durability, enough so that some of his best attacks might potentially one-shot him. Grigori's absolutely massive resistance to fire probably helps out a bit, here. Grigori should be able to realize this in short order, and will try to resort to hax first, which basically makes this come down to who lands a killing blow first... and I'm still sort of inclined to give it to Grigori, if just barely. Its true that Groudon's got the range advantage on him, but and the distance at which that advantage will be apparent Grigori will have ample time to evade any blast thrown his way, being surprisingly agile for a dragon and all. Having a more clear mind and whatnot, he'd likely get the opening he needs to hax Groudon to death sooner or later. It's close though.

No idea how Groudon would get past Grigori's Immortality (if at all), so I guess there's also that? Sounds NLF-ish, I suppose, but it is a sort of inherent power they're granted, as opposed to just "no one else is strong enough."

Wait Grig is immortal? If that's the case, wouldn't KO apply?

(my memory is borderline awful)

Yeah, he has the whole deal similar to Ganondorf, where he (in-verse) can only have his most vulnerable spot (the heart) opened up by an Arisen, and also can be dealt a killing blow only by an Arisen. Granted, if it were simply to KO/incapacitation it wouldn't matter, but when it's to the death determining what can and can't keep him down gets trickier...

I think the fact that Grigori can fly would also greatly act in his favor, groudon doesn't strike me as all that manuverable so he'll possibly have trouble being able to face Grig to both attack and properly defend. Grig also seems to have much deeper and more varied combat experiance fighting heros on many ocasions, while groudon sort of only has deep experiance with Kyogre (and maybe Raquaza just a bit?) which I doubt translates well to the fight at hand. Gen 3's my favorite gen but I also have to hand it to Grigori

ThePerpetual said:
Yeah, he has the whole deal similar to Ganondorf, where he (in-verse) can only have his most vulnerable spot (the heart) opened up by an Arisen, and also can be dealt a killing blow only by an Arisen. Granted, if it were simply to KO/incapacitation it wouldn't matter, but when it's to the death determining what can and can't keep him down gets trickier...
I'll edit it. No fair if one can die but the other can't.

Back