• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew_Schroeder

VS Battles
Retired
So I watched Guardians 2 yesterday. I liked it, albeit not nearly as much as the first one. However, it has plenty of excellent feats in it, which I'll detail here. Obviously, this contains Massive Spoilers.

So without further ado:

• In the beginning of the movie, the Guardians fight against an inter-dimensional alien monster, the Abilisk. The monster is a gigantic tentacled beast, and it tanks everything the guardians fire at him.
  • However, so do the Guardians. It repeatedly swings its tentacles at them and they survive it. Starlord, Drax and Gamora, all of them. That's 9-A stuff right there.
  • They win because they managed to open a tiny wound on him after constant firing, and Gamora uses her sword to carve it open into half his body. So her sword is sharp enough to cut a being of its size.
  • Later the Guardians manage to piss of a race of aliens called The Sovereign, an steal samples of their battery energy source (Because it's worth a fortune). They send an entire fleet against them.
  • Both Rocket and Starlord are perfectly capable of driving their ship at top speed through a Quantum-Asteroid Field (Asteroids that constantly blink in and out of existence) while also outrunning the entire fleet and avoiding fire from them.
  • Seeing as their ship is a hyper-advanced alien technology capable of planetary entry and exit in minutes (That should be calced later, when we get footage), it should at least be as fast as the fastest flying vehicles on Earth, or Mach 3.35. Scales to the Guardians' reactions.
  • Their hand weapons are also capable of blowing up entire ships, as seen when Drax hangs himself away from the ship through a rope, and fires at the ships, blowing them up. More proof of 9-A+ weaponry at minimum
  • Drax has incredible energy, not only can he survive being pulled by a ship at at least supersonic speeds, but when the ship crash lands onto a planet (Once again, in seconds so the ship HAS to be much faster), he repeatedly hits against various trees and they all break. He is perfectly fine when they hit the ground
  • At one point in the movie, Gamora outruns automatic fire from Nebula piloting a ship
  • At the same scene, both Gamora and Nebula survive the entire ship exploding in their faces with minimal wounds
  • Gamora is also capable of lifting a humongous Marvel vs Capcom-style Proton Cannon
  • Yondu also gets upgrades. His arrows are incredibly fast, reaching all over his huge spaceship in seconds and are also capable of tearing through Ego's rock tentacles, destroying them. So his arrow is also 9-A
  • In the end of the movie, the characters are in the core of a Moon-sized planet, and leave the core in an absolute minimum, unrealistic timeframe of 4 minutes with their jetpacks. That would require speeds of 7239.16667 m / s or Mach 21.10544218659, which once again scales to their reactions since they fight using their jetpacks.
  • It's actually far, far less, since they don't leave immediately but spend most of the time fighting the villain, but use 4 minutes (Stated timeframe) as a lowball.
All of these would upgrade the Guardians immensely. They should be put at Small Building level and Hypersonic+ Reaction Speed

Now let's talk about the biggest thing in the movie, feat wise. Ego the Living Planet

• Ego is a celestial, a god-like alien entity millions of years old. He came into existence seemingly out of nowhere, and at first he was only an incorporeal consciousness. He quickly learned to manipulate molecules, forming his brain, and then afterwards an entire Moon-sized Planet to serve as his body.
  • To travel alongside the cosmos, he created his Avatar, assuming a humanoid body 100% identical to that of real beings. He then also created his spaceship, apparently, which is capable of intergalactic travel.
  • This, alongside him intuitively learning how to control molecules and creating an entire planet, shows how far smarter a cosmic being like Ego is than ordinary humans and aliens.
  • Ego in his Avatar cannot be killed as long as his brain remains intact. He can regenerate from anything, even being completely destroyed, and his planet body can also regenerate as long as his brain remains intact.
  • Ego can manipulate Cosmic Energy while in both Planet and Avatar form, this energy drawn from his Core / Brain. With it, he casually blows up an entire 50+ ship fleet. That's 8-A via the sheer range his blast reached.
  • Ego has plenty of other powers, like Flight, Shapeshifting, creating Energy Tentacles to attack, Manipulating the Earth, Biological Manipulation (Can give people diseases), and Mind Manipulation.
  • Of course, the movie also reveals that Starlord is a Half-Celestial, with the potential of being equally as powerful as his father Ego. Once he learns to tap into the planet's power, he matches and defeats Ego in combat. He has similar powers like Flight, Energy Manipulation, Matter Manipulation and Shapeshifting.
  • Ego's plan is to eventually transform the entire universe into himself. To do so, he seeds sprouts in millions of planets across the universe, and once he has enough power (Another Celestial at his side), he will cause these sprouts to grow, enveloping the entire planets which will then become part of his body.
  • Also, Rocket Raccoon wasn't kidding when he said he could make Moon-Busting equipment in the first movie. Here, he develops a bomb that after placed on Ego's brain and set to detonate, causes a chain reaction that destroys the entire planet.
Ego needs to be Multi-City Block level in his Avatar, and Moon level as a Planet, Unknow with Prep Time

Seems completely fine to me.

Everything seems good I guess

So, once Ego adds all those planets to his body, they'd become extensions of his true self. Let's see how much energy we'd get from that.

There are roughtly 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars in the universe with an estimated 1.6 planets orbiting each of them. Using Jupiter's GBE (Since that is the most common planet size in the universe), we end up with a whopping 45.655 petaFoe, which is 4-A.

So Ego would be Multi-Solar System level with prep time.

Yondu was able to fly Star-Lord from Ego's core to outside the atmosphere in a very short period of time, seemingly considerably under a minute. That would likely be, what, Massively Hypersonic or something close to that with jetpacks?

Wouldn't Ego/Star Lord (With his Godly Powers) Scale to people like Thor, Odin, Hela, Thanos, etc? At Least being a Celestial? I can't see them being below these guys who have City Level feats / Hype.

I Mean, wouldn't Ego be Small Planet Level for creating a moon sized planet (Similar to Naruto/Sasuke)?

Going to un-highlight this because of spoilers, so people don't accidently click on this thread.

Matthew's suggestions seem fine to me, but I do not think that we can rate Ego as 4-A with preparation time, if it was left unproven that he could actually seed all of the planets in the universe.

Yes, but actually ALL of them, or was that just hyperbole?

It's his goal that he finds life itself disappointing, and thus thinks he should be the only thing that exists in the universe.

For the sake of a low end, using the GBE of Earth for those planets would yield 2.4 GigaFOE, which is high end 4-B.

Whichever end is more accurate I'll let others decide.

The Everlasting said:
It's his goal that he finds life itself disappointing, and thus thinks he should be the only thing that exists in the universe.
Yes, I know, but I don't think that he had visited every planet in the universe and seeded all of them. He explictly says he already had seeded millions of planets.

@Matt

I was responing to Ant, just saying.

Still, even using a few million is 1.3 tenakilotons.

Well, I suppose that we could scale him from the GBE of those millions of planets.

I already upgraded Gamora and Nebula to 9-A. Groot already got a separate key for his baby form and Empowered Star-Lord scales to Ego's Avatar.

Characters like Thor and Doctor Strange can't scale to Yondu and Drax speedwise because they never met them.

I assume Matthew already saw the movie but it looks like he also has a lot of other things to do as well and only mods can edit Ego's page now.

I'm skeptical about Moon level, he said that he built the planet layer by layer, implying that it took him a considerable amount of time and we have only seen him manipulate a limited amount of matter each time and not the entire planet itself so something like "Possibly Moon level" would be a safer approach.

His durability is fine, Unknown for his Brain form and Moon level with the entire planet around him.

The planet seeding isn't an Attack Potency feat so i'm against using the GBE of the planets to quantify it."Unknown with prep and a second celestial" is fine.

I don't see how destroying a small fleet of drones is 8-A.

Also his intelligence seems super exaggerated, i mean the only thing he managed to do was trick the Guardians into believing he was a friend and the only thing he did was say "Yo, i'm your father, now follow me" and they did.One may argue that matter manipulation requires at least some understanding of physics but fiction generally doesn't care and even Peter managed to accompish a good level of it without need of practice or any good knowledge of its inner workings.

@Gwyn

Not really. He was originally weaker, but now the moon is his entire body. We can even see him assume his face on the planet, indicating that he can control it all at once.

You missed the argument once again. The point is how powerful he'd be after performing the fusion with the other planets.

It's 8-A because of the width of the explosion. The blast extended over the entire fleet, which wasn't all close together. 8-A was my estimate, but it could be 8-B.

Again, you missed the core of my argument. My argument is that Ego has to realistically be a genius because he: Is millions of years old and has travelled across the entire universe and interacted with an untold number of races. Even in his infancy, he intuitively created a 100% humanoid body with no prior knowledge of how it'd be.

He perfectly created a human body down to the molecular composition just by thinking of an ideal physical form. You need some degree of Cosmic Awareness to do it.

We are going to need a calc for the explosion.

I don't remember him assuming his face on the planet, i will try to rewatch the movie, though a clip or image would be a lot easier.

Being extremely old doesn't automatically make you a genius, yes logically thinking the things you mention would prove a decent level of intelligence but a genius is an entirely different thing, which isn't backed up by anything Ego did in the movie.(he even said to Peter that he was the one that killed his mother, a pretty stupid move)

If he had Cosmic Awareness he would have known that his other children didn't have the Celestial gene, or that Peter did and he would have gone to take him much earlier than he actually did.

"We are going to need a calc for the explosion."

Agreed.

As for Ego's face, it appeared twice, but I can't find it right now.

You are mistaking character stupidity brought by personality to intelligence. Sure, Tony Stark might be incredibly dumb in his decisions and show arrogance and brashness, but that doesn't change the fact that he is a grossly superhumanly intelligent scientist capable of processing information many times faster than a normal human.

Hence why I said "some degree". There is literally no way for him to intuitively create a human body from scratch without some level of extrasensorial perception. And we know he has, since he learned everything from scratch, coming to be as an incorporeal consciousness and then eventually creating an entire planet, and later a human body and a ship to travel across the universes. These are all things he did intuitively, with no outside contact with the rest of the universe

Haven't seen the movie yet, it's online but....I need theater quality, but that aside, if peter was able to preform any amount of matter manipulation, wouldn't that automatically debunk Ego being a genius level intelect?

Being that they are supossedly "Gods", wouldn't simply willing something to happen make it so without knowing how to actually do it?

So Ego could have just willed to have a human body and matter would form it without him knowing every little thing about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back