• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bobsican

He/Him
The Sonic OC has to fight the Mega Man OC

Speed equalized, both at base (Prevasion restricted for Gunvolt), Lilac starts with Metal Shield.

Lilac the Drago

The Blue Adept

Votes so far:

GV: 2 (Smashtwig, SilverBlaze109)

Lilac: 0

They get in Smash Bros: 0

IMG 4358
I´ll show you!

Gunvolt2
I AM electricity

GV wins hands down. Prevasion nullifies everything Sash can attack with and GV's powerful skills like Luxcaliber deal a truckton of damage

Smashtwig said:
GV wins hands down. Prevasion nullifies everything Sash can attack with and GV's powerful skills like Luxcaliber deal a truckton of damage
But Luxcalibur takes a moment to be used, which I think would be enought for Lilac to dodge, especially considering her movement speed is higher than his own, while still lacking speed to can dodge most of his other attacks, however, which is covered by a shield she can wield to at least resist electric attacks, allowing her to dragon boost on GV.

It`s worth mentioning that she wouldn`t start with the shield, as it`s basically one of these power ups like in Sonic 3.

Regardless, GV can also spam the living daylights out of Prevasion over and over and be pretty much be invincible. And GV has dealt with foes a great deal faster than him. The best examples being Viper and Jota. Viper is a very agile boss that jumps from wall to wall very quickly and Jota can move at LightSpeed. So I'm sure GV can handle Lilac. As far as the lightning shield, GV has other forms of attack. Example his Bolts (bullets) GV doesn't just have bolts that "tag" his enemies, he has another Bolt called Dullahan, which is just a very fast and quite damaging blaster shot

Prevasion works by literally dodging automatically, but it`s not something like Ultra Instinct, so you shouldn`t expect GV to dodge everything.

By the way, maybe I should change the place this takes place, so this doesn`t seem as a stomp for GV?

I'm afraid you don't quite understand what Prevasion actually is. I thought that as well based off the name as well, but that's not what it is. Prevasion works like this. When someone attacks GV, GV phases his whole body into electrons, allowing most attacks like tackles and stuff to pass straight through him instead of hurting him. He expends a little EP in order to activate this, but he can manually recharge instantly with some concentration. Trust me, I thought about how Prevasion works for a really long time.

oh yeah, change up the setting, that way it isn't as bad. Maybe get rid of Anthem or Prevasion to make things fairer

Smashtwig said:
Trust me, I thought about how Prevasion works for a really long time.
Well, his animation when being hit and using prevasion doesn`t show anything that could be that, perhaps game mechanics however.

Either way, for simplicity`s sake, I`m restricting GV for now unless something considerable from Lilac is mentioned here.

Yeah, his animation is really questionable, especially in the first game. The second game's animation seems more believable though.

Smashtwig said:
Yeah, his animation is really questionable, especially in the first game. The second game's animation seems more believable though.
I would play the 2nd game, but I`m still grinding for the final boss in the 1st one.

So please, don`t mention stuff that would be too spoilerish.

Sorry for the nexro, but as Lilac got a small upgrade in hax, this can continue.

Okay, Lilac starts with the Metal Shield.

But Lilac now resists sharp-based attacks and electricity.

GV has any other kind of move that´s not based in the first 2 I menationed?

Well then your basically making Sash win. Your restricting GV's two best powers and giving Sash something that makes her immune to GV's abilities.

Then he eventually uses his gun to fire a pebble or something at Sash (Yes it can do that), breaking the shield. Or some sort of physical attack. And he survives with prevasion and his better durability in the meantime.

Well, her ice manipulation can likely make GV to overheat, making him unable to spam prevasion.

Gunvolt does have martial arts accodring to ASG2 in the conversations. He could also charge these strikes with electricity if needed

Bump.

By the way, this seems to have turned into a borderline Roleplay, let´s just start from scratch, okay?

And so, I´ll just ask, how many ways GV has to beat Lilac?

It's not really how many ways GV can beat Lilac, it's more of how little ways Lilac can hurt GV, which with Prevasion, there is none

Well, if Lilac hits him fast enought consecutively, he´ll eventually just run out of it and then overheat, allowing Lilac for actual hits for a moment.

First off. Speed equalized Secondly, unfortunately this wiki doesn't understand how Prevasion works. Gunvolt can instantly recharge his EP (what fuels his Prevasion) back to max. If he continues to do this, he is virtually invincible. The only time he can't do this is when he Overheats, which will never happen because he is constantly insta recharging Prevasion

He can´t insta recharge it while being hitted a bunch of times, especially while on air, something that Lilac´s fighting style fits in.

Rising Slash->Dive Kick->Cyclone->Dive Kick->Dragon Boost->Boost Cancel->Dive Kick

This can easily lead to a considerable high amount of damage if done right.

Then he'll stay on the ground...

Doesn't work like that, with one Prevasion (in both in game and in OVA), Gunvolt is shown to be intangible for the span of multiple attacks, it kinda functions on a timer (like if it were Invincibility frames in a game), it's not one Prevasion per one attack

Rising Slash sends the target upwards, so then she can still try to follow up, the other moves actually do a bunch of multiple hits in seconds.

doesn't really matter if RSlash is gon be Prevaded. Again doesn't matter how fast the attacks are, if GV can recharge instantly after the Prevasion takes effect, which he can, he can just take zero damage

Ik it sounds like I'm wanking GV, but that's actually how Prevasion works, it's absolutely busted

He can´t really attack as far I remember for a few moments while using Prevasion, as he flinches, and so as Lilac can´t just send him upwards, she´ll just make a ground combo to keep GV flinched for a while until he loses his prevasion, which will be the moment she´ll take to do the combo part.

To be exact:

Cyclone->Hair Whip->Dragon Boost->Boost Cancel

I'll have to rewatch the ova, in the meantime, mind posting a scan of that on the other thread and evidence for it being canon? Would help speed things up.

@Bob in ASG2, he don't flinch no more, he never did actually, that's just another "him" while the real one keeps fighting

Prevas
that's wat happens when he prevades now, he turns into electrons

Basically it's removing a pendant from his ASG1 self. His ASG2 self has worse. but still existant prevasion without a pendant,

Back