• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Guts' Durability.

Mozgus shot the breath from an angle that would of hit the majority of him even if he was holding DS right in front of him which he wasnt when it happened, it shows him completely engulfed in the flames and while DS could if blocked some we see in a subsequent panel that hjs upper body is engulfed in the flames from the front which means DS isnt blocking anywhere near the majority of it yet. I mean Guts can tank blows from Zodd head first, but why would he continuously wanna do so? And the blood? Probably just inconsistency since it explicitly shows from the back and front his head is engulfed in the flames and it's the same attack as Mozgus says god breath before attacking.

It never said they were weak to fire, they fear it yeah but nothing about them being weak to it. It could just be fear of light as spirits fear the morning sun and vanish when it comes.

Even if we don't want to use the God Breathe feat, me and J-Man discussed how the Bersekrer armor doesn't bring harm to Guts, so his durability should still scale.

"they fear it yeah but nothing about them being weak to it"

Even if this where the case there's still the problem that they're supernatural beings comprised of materials we know next to nothing about and that the god breath was unable to vaporize or melt the rocks and concrete which it came into contact with. It can very well mean that these spirits have a terrible weakness to fire.

Personally im fine with the breath. But if not we can always calc stuff like Zodd and SK by the tornado, Guts slicing through a typhoon, etc. But then again I'm not against it.

"Even if we don't want to use the God Breathe feat, me and J-Man discussed how the Bersekrer armor doesn't bring harm to Guts, so his durability should still scale."

Mind if you elaborated on this? Whenever Guts uses the armor he breaks bones and tears muscles apart, I'm not sure how attacks which damage the user greatly scale to their durability? Especially if said attacks can kill him under the right circumstances.

Yet we know they're formed by a liquid like substance similar to goo or blood. And considering literally every other spirit fears light with a minor exception Guts' child, itd be more likely to assume they fear light too which is a given opposed to some weakness to fire unique to them that wasn't stated.

In all of the scene of Guts fighting in the armor, I couldn't find Guts' armor hurting him.

In his fight against the elephant monster on the beach, Berserker Guts used the armor just fine, with the exception of the wound he received from the God Hand lady which reopened due to his movements

In his fight at the port, Berserker Guts uses the armor to take out several of the elephant monsters, and none of his bones break or are destroyed.

Even with Schierke helping him control his armor, he was fine when using it.

The only example of the armor hurting him is when he tried to counter Grunbeld's Apostle forms attacks with his own attacks, and resulted in a broken leg and arm.

"Yet we know they're formed by a liquid like substance similar to goo or blood."

Which vaporizes under heat which cannot even melt the bricks or concrete the God Breath comes into contact with. What I meant to say by "weakness to heat" is that going by feats it doesn't take much to burn them. I apologize for any confusion I may have caused.

That would still be fearing light like all spirits, is there an instance where they're hurt by it to a noticeable degree?

"Do ya have an instance where normal fire caused massive dammage to them?"

Why should that matter when the god breath (a fire we see) sets the surrounding bricks and rocks on fire is enough to completely vaporize these spirits after some continuous fire.

I said direct contact, of course there would be residual flames. 99 The latter there is note worthy though, but vaporization is a lot different than burning, ya can burn a human and be street or vaporize like 20 humans and be above building+, so I'm honestly not sure. What's your opinion?

"I said direct contact, of course there would be residual flames"

It was direct contact, where we see Mozgus in the scan I linked is not the position he was in when he used god breath but rather, after he used it. He was standing around the altar beforehand and had a massive spirit effectively blocking the gate (which in effect also blocked Luca and co).

We don't actually see him fire the breath, he could of easily moved before firing the breath and considering he was directly in the front of where the spirits where after it was said and done, the breathe in that scene was a pillar like beam and only made direct contact with the spirits (Isidro and friends dodged it too) and the he walks forward to pick up Casca. I'm clearly missing something, I don't see how he made direct contact.

In the scan I linked, we see that there are bricks and rocks behind him which are set alight and you say this is the result of residual effects. However, if this was the case why are his disciples completely fine? The only way to explain that is if everything which was caught alight behind him was actually in front of him when he actually used the god breath, meaning he hit it directly and that his disciples were far enough from the stream so that they or their garments wouldn't also catch alight.

Well obviously his servants weren't hit by it but we do see later when Guts shoves DS in his mouth they catch fire from some deflected flames. Yeah the ground behind him is on fire but so is the ground in front of him and we clearly see his breath go over the ground without hitting it. Unless you're telling me he aimed it at the ground opposed to a straight line as we see it. But we clearly see the attack go in a straight line, vaping the goo and not hit the ground or side walls yet there's still residual flames, if he was as far back as ya say then yeah, there should be flames behind him considering we see him walk forward prior to that page to pick up Casca.

"Well obviously his servants weren't hit by it but we do see later when Guts shoves DS in his mouth they catch fire from some deflected flames."

What?

"Unless you're telling me he aimed it at the ground opposed to a straight line as we see it."

I'm not, the god breath before it struck the spirit had a wide aoe (which explains why there is a wider range of flames in the corridor compared to the outside aka behind where Mozgus stood) which can explain how it hit the floor. By the way there is also the issue of Mozgus' clothes, his hat got burned by the tip of the flames and if there were severe residual effects his robe would be on fire also. It was fired in a straight line, wide but ultimately straight. A city block fire would have rendered those blocks to vapor compared to what is displayed here. Meaning, these spirits getting vaporized only means it took that level of heat to do the job.

I'm done arguing this. If you want to discuss other options such as striking a tornado and what not, I'm all open for that.

The water serpent broke a ship and caused a small whirlpool. Gut was also directly inside the water serpent when he vaped it and tanked the resulting explosion.

Also Zodd and Skull Knight fighting on the edge of the tornado? Isnt there a new rule of using anime timeframes for manga scenes if not contradictory? If so we could get a durability feat there.

Right. If there are any other feats that need to be calculated for the scaling of this verse, feel free to post them on my wall.

It seems that there are issues with Mozgus' God Breat feat calculation that I did, however.

Now its a matter of what feats should be calced, there's him vaporizing the serpent (which was 45 tons) and he performed it while inside of said serpent and tanked the resulting fireball. There's SK and Zodd fighting on the edge of a tornado. There's Guts slicing through a small typhoon but that's probably nothing big. There's probably more but i dont got time right now to reread Berserk, anything ya can think of?

I would like to re-calculate Guts vaporizing the water serpent just to find a proper yield for it, assuming the material was made of water or something.

I think the calc needs to be done using Q = MC(Delta T)

Back