• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hatchiyack and Broly should be upgraded to at least Galaxy level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kid Buu was said to be capable of destroying the Universe after he gained it though, before that he was only said to kill all life in the Universe, read this for reference. That doesn't matter since he was unsealed on Earth. I don't disagree with that, actually the opposite.

King Kai said Hatchiyack would be the end of the universe too so this seems pretty consistent to me.

I don't even want to entertain the idea of 3-C and we have talk of 3-B all of a sudden? But it's not like I'm in the mood to argue this...

Sera EX said:
I don't even want to entertain the idea of 3-C and we have talk of 3-B all of a sudden? But it's not like I'm in the mood to argue this...
The fact that the author states he can destroy galaxies should basically confirm how strong he is and what the galaxy scene was meant to be interperted as.

I agree with Sera.

That statement in context only refers to him being able to destroy galaxies, but it doesn't mean he can destroy them instantly. He's shown destroying a single galaxy over time. So 4-A or, at a stretch, At least 4-A is the only appropriate rating. Feats are taken over statements, especially when the statements corroborate the feats.

Are we going to upgrade Super Buu to 3-A over the statements that he would destroy the universe in the sub? And his statement is a hell of a lot more convincing than Broly's.

@Jobbo

It wasn't going to happen over some long period of time. In the official manga it is stated several times that Super Buu's Vice Shout is going to destroy the entire universe by crushing it with alternate realities, something that seems to be occurring pretty rapidly when Vegetto goes to counter him.

Aeyu said:
I agree with Sera.
That statement in context only refers to him being able to destroy galaxies, but it doesn't mean he can destroy them instantly. He's shown destroying a single galaxy over time. So 4-A or, at a stretch, At least 4-A is the only appropriate rating. Feats are taken over statements, especially when the statements corroborate the feats.

Are we going to upgrade Super Buu to 3-A over the statements that he would destroy the universe in the sub? And his statement is a hell of a lot more convincing than Broly's.
Why wouldn't be be able to destroy them instantly though ? Why would the writer say Broly can destroy galaxies if he is going to do it over time where he can accomplish far more over time like universal destruction like stated by Piccolo, Paragus and Trunks within the series, it's makes no sense, just like Hatchiyack being able to destroy a galaxy yet if it was over time, he can easily destory the universe. Their is no evidence he done it over time though, all we know is that he done it so quick that he was a threat to another galaxy on the other side of the universe at the rate he was going. And see how the galaxy was destroyed on screen before King kai reacted to it, Broly have very well one-shot the entire galaxy and contiuned picking left over planets to destroy. The motion of the galaxy destructions shows it was destroyed in 1 attack.

Their is also a guide for Super Buu destroying the universe as well

Ah, Buuhan's feat, there's no reason for him to get 3-A off that, it'd be Low 2-C. Anyway, that was deemed an outlier. However both Broly and Hatchiyack were stated to be able to end the universe so there's some consistency there.

Ability's Description Outside Space Category: ability People: Majin Buu (evil) Special Characteristics: Overwhelmed by Vegetto, Buu generated this after going into a frenzy. Distortions appeared in the space surrounding Buu. It seems that this power was also what enabled Buu to escape from the Room of Spirit and Time. This space would cover the living world and wipe out the universe

This was the guide discriptions of the moment

Promestein said:
"However, IF this is be accepted, this would be consistent with Omega Shenron's feat of being capable of destroying galaxies."
No, it wouldn't be. Omega Shenron is FAR superior to these two characters. He's far superior to characters far superior to characters far superior to these two characters.

I'd prefer MSS. Universe destruction over time feats are always vague, Hatchiyack's feat is 4-A, and Broly's onscreen feat is 4-A.
This.

I agree with pretty much everyone. 4-A Broly.

No it isn't. Nothing about that feat shows anything above 4-A. That's just your opinion. And Broly's feat is over time and not total galactic destruction either.

[URL='https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/File:The_Birth_of_Hatchiyack-1'][IMG alt="The Birth of Hatchiyack-1 said:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/vsbattles/images/5/5e/The_Birth_of_Hatchiyack-1/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/335?cb=20181111021809[/IMG][/URL]
The Birth of Hatchiyack-1

Matthew Schroeder"]
No it isn't. Nothing about that feat shows anything above 4-A. That's just your opinion. And Broly's feat is over time and not total galactic destruction either.
How is my opinion when it's shown at 0:20 that galaxies are being warped by his power along with space ? How can a 4-A character warp galaxies to begin with.

And how long do you think it took Broly and what evidence do you have for that ? Plus a galaxy is huge, even a few thousands planets and stars left over doesn't mean the galaxy wasn't destroyed, even Goku felt he destroyed the southern galaxy

Goku, when Broli powers up a bit during their first little fight: You're the one who destroyed the Southern Galaxy, ain't you Broli?

The writer feels Broly can destroy galaxies, if it was over time, he can destroy the unvierse as stated 3 times.

It doesn't even show that and this version of the movie isn't even canon to Toei DBZ.

Broly didn't destroy the South Galaxy lmao. The movie takes place in the South Galaxy.

Also an army can "destroy" a country by laying waste to the stuff in it. Context.

Matthew Schroeder said:
It doesn't even show that and this version of the movie isn't even canon to Toei DBZ.
Broly didn't destroy the South Galaxy lmao. The movie takes place in the South Galaxy.

Also an army can "destroy" a country by laying waste to the stuff in it. Context.
You serious ? The video is right there and go to 0:20, space is being warped including a galaxy. You literally can't miss it. And the movie is related to the Broly movie as they mentioned him in the movie itself.

Broly did destroy the galaxy, I even posted the part on top on how Goku said he destroyed the sothern galaxy, plus evidence the fight takes place in the southern galaxy because King kai said Broly was finished and heading towards the northern galaxy

Kaio explaining things to Goku: Goku: The Southern Galaxy attacked by a Super Saiyan? Kaio: Mm. He's already finished tearing up the Southern Galaxy, and appears to be after my Northern Galaxy next.

No evidence the movie takes place in the southern galaxy, all King Kai did was say that for Goku to search the southern galaxy to find his Ki.

Broly isn't an army of people, he is one person, plus Broly was said to destroy the galaxy so fast he can destroy the northern galaxy next

Kaio, at the start: Then, the Southern Galaxy really is being…At this rate, even my Northern Galaxy will be destroyed!

What evidence do you have suggesting he didn't one-shot it, because the galaxy goes in 1 motion, and left over planet and stars don't debunk the galaxy destruction as that is such a insignificant portion of a galaxy, like a few little bits of pieces of brick left over from a house being destroyed.

Can you stop quoting and misinterpreting the movie.

Broly didn't one-shot it because in fact the galaxy isn't destroyed and he spent his whole life attacking it. No galaxy was destroyed. It's unbeliavable that this hoax is still perpetuated in 2018.

Also that's not a feat. That's just some flashy lights in the sky. No galaxies appear.

The galaxy was being torn apart by Broly. This is the original Japanese, meaning not even the eng subtitles.

The entire movie was to stop Broly from destroying the South Galaxy. In the film going by the original Japanese version without subs (the only version I've seen), they never said Broly destroyed the galaxy. They said he was rampaging throughout the galaxy and Kaiosama was worried that his galaxy was next.

The narration clearly stated The South Galaxy is under Super Saiyan attack. It did not say destroyed. It never said destroyed. Broly did not gradually destroy the galaxy either, the South Galaxy was still there, or at least parts of it. The entire goal of the film was preventing the total destruction of the South Galaxy.

Thank you...Pritti..

If you want to go by the eng subs or even the dub, fine, but don't pretend like the original version said he destroyed/gradually destroyed the South Galaxy. That's completely false.

Minor nitpick but to be fair they don't need to say he gradually destroyed it when we see the thing getting gradually wiped on-screen.

This isn't an argument for tier 3, just saying not to outright discredit the feat to prove a point.

@Fate

That's not what that was showing. That was most likely a premonition of what could happen eventually in the form of a time lapse. The South Galaxy was still in tact during the events of the film. It wasn't gradually destroyed in any context, Broly was going across the galaxy causing havoc and terrorism.

@Pritti And that disproves the point I made how exactly...?

It still shows that he can gradually blow it up. In your own words, it's displaying what he can do if not stopped. Obliteration of the whole galaxy. So they don't need to outright say it with every word. That would be the same as cherrypicking.

There are tons of feats out there that are considered despite the characters not getting through with it because they were stopped before they could do it. I can't even name how many characters would be losing tiers if we didn't consider stuff like that.

I don't care whether it's 4-A, just saying that when you put it like "they just say he was rioting through the galaxy" it generally seems to discredit the feat as a whole. Other than that, I have no qualms with the tier which is why I said "minor nitpicking, but...".

Yeah I agree that the visuals in the beginning is more of a visual metaphor for what WOULD happen. Always seemed more logical to me.

Pritti said:
@Fate
That's not what that was showing. That was most likely a premonition of what could happen eventually in the form of a time lapse. The South Galaxy was still in tact during the events of the film. It wasn't gradually destroyed in any context, Broly was going across the galaxy causing havoc and terrorism.
/\ You replied with this. I said:

"It still shows that he can gradually blow it up. In your own words, it's displaying what he can do if not stopped. Obliteration of the whole galaxy. So they don't need to outright say it with every word. That would be the same as cherrypicking."

That point of mine is to evidence that this feat, even though it's a premonition, still cannot be disregarded as the series is telling us that that's what Broly can and will do if not stopped. You said yourself "that's what could happen eventually in the form of a time lapse".

On that note, we agreed. I also said this is not me arguing for tier 3, just evidencing not to discredit the 4-A one just because it didn't directly happen as the series still tells and shows that it would if the protagonists didn't come to stop him.

Now you suddenly said this is contradictory. Which actually translates to contradicting not only the idea of the movie but what you reasoned yourself so it feels weird to me.

If you want to accept that as 4-A, that's fine, but given the information 3-C and especially 3-B are completely out of the context provided here. I apologize if I wasn't clear on my stance.

It's not contradictory. To her, and to me, that is not enough for 4-A. Big deal. It's our opinion. Now if everyone else accepts that as 4-A, that's fine.

Sorry, I was asked to comment here but I have class so I can't properly prepare my arguments as I normally do. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back