• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hatred - Darth Maul vs Adam Taurus

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
In the cover of night, a dark figure crept around a cargo hold. His bovine ears picked up the footsteps of a couple of armed guards turning the corner. With a quick and fluid motion, he unsheathed his blade and slit their throat all at once, relinquishing their rights to life and preventing them from alerting the other guards roaming about. He entered the cargo hold, weary of his surroundings. The hold was quiet. Too quiet. All of a sudden, the blinding lights of the hold lit up, revealing a group of guards surrounding the Faunus. He gripped his blade tightly, preparing himself for battle. But the sound of a slow rhythmic clapping kept him from engaging.

"I had sensed you since you stepped foot on this compound. An unmistakable feeling of dread and anger surrounds you. A feeling I know all too well."

The unknown voice spoke from the second floor.

"Tell me, why are you here?"

The Faunus composed himself.

"I've come for the supplies that belong to the White Fang. I came to relieve you of them, so to speak."

"Ah yes, the White Fang. Unfortunately for them, these supplies were left abandoned on a railway," The figure leapt from the second floor to the first, stepping into the light and revealing his devilish appearance before finishing his sentence. "Unfortunately for you, they belong to me now."

His opposition frowned from under his mask. "Maul..."

"So you know of me. Well, Faunus, I know of you too. The legendary Adam Taurus, the light of the White Fang... the betrayed, turned betrayer..." Maul noticed as Adam's face turned into a scowl. "Oh, didn't think that I would know that? Know about the woman who left you? It must sting... I sense such great sadness, such great hatred..."

"Enough!" Adam exclaimed, finally showing his true colours. "You might have survived with just a torso, but I will reduce you to much less!"

Adam pulled the trigger on his sheath, launching his blade forward at incredible speeds. It blitzed through the air before abruptly halting before the Dathomian son. The Faunus then rushed forward, grabbing his levitating sword and began slashing at his foe. Maul dodged the slashes with great finesse, but was caught lacking on the last strike, causing a gash to form on his left cheek. A great rage overcame him as he inspected the blood flowing out of his wound with his fingers.

"Your hatred is great, Faunus..."

Maul pulled out a cylindrical device from behind him, stretching it out before him. Two scarlet beams of light extended from the device, one after the other.

"Now let me show you mine."

With a terrible roar, the Sith Lord leapt forward.

To Angry To Die vs Too Heartbroken To Live

Canon Clone Wars Maul and Base Adam. Speed equalized. Victory via SBA.

darth_maul_by_jimbobox600_846.jpg
LLZ7ox8JXTHz8YCqN_FrciEb9ljdiSRqVXAqVXCBWrg.jpg

Hmm... I have to vote for Maul. IMO, Maul's ability to use The Force gives him an advantage which helps him greatly. He can ragdoll him, mind hax him, or just pin him in place... That being said, I vaguely remember that In-Character! Maul usually likes to go for CQC and kill his opponents there, so he might forgo using the force for a bit and might get killed by his Moonslice. Do think that Maul is more skilled than Adam, tho, so he might be able to kill Adam before his semblance gets enough juice to ruin Maul's day.

Don't know how RWBY Aura works, so can't say for sure if it will help Adam or not, so I'll leave that to the RWBY Supporters

Unfortunately Adam more then likely has a large skill advantage, as even fodder skill characters in RWBY have similar feats to what Star Wars has, and Adam should be above that by a large margin. Though I'd also note that the only force power Maul tends to use is Force Choke.

Hmm... I have to vote for Maul. IMO, Maul's ability to use The Force gives him an advantage which helps him greatly. He can ragdoll him, mind hax him, or just pin him in place... That being said, I vaguely remember that In-Character! Maul usually likes to go for CQC and kill his opponents there, so he might forgo using the force for a bit and might get killed by his Moonslice. Do think that Maul is more skilled than Adam, tho, so he might be able to kill Adam before his semblance gets enough juice to ruin Maul's day.

Don't know how RWBY Aura works, so can't say for sure if it will help Adam or not, so I'll leave that to the RWBY Supporters
I haven’t seen RWBY in awhile but if I’m correct, it acts as a centralized force field around Adam, meaning that it’ll tank attacks for him if he slips up until it runs out (it has a “health bar” of sorts), so it means that Adam has more changes to get moon slice up and running before Maul is able kill him first.

Maul is also one of the best duelists of his time and is able to go toe to toe with Obi-Wan and Ahsoka.

Maul is also very good at sensing emotions through the Force and talking his opponents into slipping up by using their rage against them.

Maul is also one of the best duelists of his time and is able to go toe to toe with Obi-Wan and Ahsoka.

Maul is also very good at sensing emotions through the Force and talking his opponents into slipping up by using their rage against them.

Considering how defensive Obi-Wan is his feat is keeping up with Maul.

Also I'd remind that Obi-Wan's defenses are more catered towards blasters and people who fight like Maul, Ahsoka is a bit more impressive however. And breaking his defense was more of a case of having Savage with him(literally blows Obi-Wan back) and exploiting trauma.

While Adam, scaling to Cinder, has a skill feat list longer then most good star wars stories nowadays l9l

Skill Baseline = Having a lifetime of combat training, being able to solo hordes of monsters that can easily kill you if you make a single mistake, being skilled enough in martial combat to be able to subconsciously project your soul as a defensive barrier, being skilled enough in martial combat to project your soul as a superpower, and being recognized as one of the most skilled fighters in the world by a guy with millennia of composite combat skill, usually capable of soloing armies of Grimm comparable to them.

Ruby is well above the average Beacon student, noted as always excelling above her peers in combat training, to the point that even though she was two years away from being eligible to join Beacon she was admitted due her combat prowess impressing Ozpin, with him noting that she was already a master at wielding one of the most dangerous weapons ever designed.

Velvet is more skilled than Ruby and near the top of the skill chain at Beacon, able to perfectly and instantly mimic any fighting style she sees, copy the weapons that people use to further copy their styles, even those of pro-huntsmen with decades of combat experience and skill, and can seamlessly meld fighting styles together at will, and she has at the bare minimum dozens of copied fighting styles at her disposal including every member of the main cast

Nebula is both stated and shown to be more skilled than Velvet

Pyrrha unanimously recognized as the most skilled Beacon student, being skilled enough to win every combat tournament she has entered since she was a pre-teen without anyone ever landing a single blow on her in her decade long combat career despite the tournaments she fought in being comprised of other world class opponents each with unique fighting styles, weapons, and abilities they mastered over their own combat careers.

Mercury casually matched Pyrrha and was stated by WoG to be able to beat her if he went all out. Beacon arc Cinder also casually beat Pyrrha while holding back immensely.

Post-Haven Team RWBY can match Mercury

The Ace Ops casually skill stomped Post-Haven Team RWBY and are some of the most skilled fighters on the planet due to Atlas' stricter training regiment and stricter skill vetting process, with all of the Ace Ops being the most skilled of their graduating classes on top of this.

Winter is canonically more skilled than the Ace Ops, Penny outmatched four of the ace ops at once, and Neo casually skillstomped Atlas Arc Team RWBY who are more skilled than the Ace Ops. Neo also skill stomps Mercury via WoG.

Atlas Arc Cinder is equal to Neo in skill and superior to Winter and Penny in skill.

Off the top of my head Disney Canon Star Wars doesn't exactly have the skill fuckery to match this, Legends probably does though

I mean besides aggressive flipping and greater mobility, Adam fights like any other Star Wars character in close ranged combat. Plus Maul has precog and the Force to stop Adam's attacks.

Aura is basically the same thing as the energy shield from Halo. A forcefield that surrounds the body to blocks attacks, and works like HP. Hitting it with an overwhelming force, or attacking with many times can break someone's Aura. Which will allow the person to start damaging that person's body. It can do more than that, like enhanced sense, healing, and stuff. If you have some time on your hand, we do have an Aura page.

Adam's Semblance only builds up power by blocking with his Sword, getting hit doesn't make him stronger.

Force Choke would be game ending, since Adam has no way of breaking out of it. I don't know if Maul starts with it, I assume not. But I also imagine he wouldn't hesitant to use it if he was being pushed.

And I've been curious about this for some time, but what do Star Wars character scale to in 8-A?

Aura is basically the same thing as the energy shield from Halo. A forcefield that surrounds the body to blocks attacks, and works like HP. Hitting it with an overwhelming force, or attacking with many times can break someone's Aura. Which will allow the person to start damaging that person's body. It can do more than that, like enhanced sense, healing, and stuff. If you have some time on your hand, we do have an Aura page.

Adam's Semblance only builds up power by blocking with his Sword, getting hit doesn't make him stronger.

Force Choke would be game ending, since Adam has no way of breaking out of it. I don't know if Maul starts with it, I assume not. But I also imagine he wouldn't hesitant to use it if he was being pushed.

And I've been curious about this for some time, but what do Star Wars character scale to in 8-A?
Nah, Maul mainly tries to overwhelm his opponents in Melee, Force Choke in-character, but Maul has mainly used it on fodder.

Nah, Maul mainly tries to overwhelm his opponents in Melee, Force Choke in-character, but Maul has mainly used it on fodder.
Maul used the Force a few times on Obi-Wan, so he's very willing to use it. I'm not really seeing what makes RWBY characters much more impressive skill wise than Star Wars people tbh. Also like, what stops Adam's sword from melting from the Lightsaber

Maul used the Force a few times on Obi-Wan, so he's very willing to use it. I'm not really seeing what makes RWBY characters much more impressive skill wise than Star Wars people tbh. Also like, what stops Adam's sword from melting from the Lightsaber
A limited amount of times yes, I never said it was flat out OOC, I just said he doesn't use it often on people comparable to him.
Skill Baseline = Having a lifetime of combat training, being able to solo hordes of monsters that can easily kill you if you make a single mistake, being skilled enough in martial combat to be able to subconsciously project your soul as a defensive barrier, being skilled enough in martial combat to project your soul as a superpower, and being recognized as one of the most skilled fighters in the world by a guy with millennia of composite combat skill, usually capable of soloing armies of Grimm comparable to them.

Ruby is well above the average Beacon student, noted as always excelling above her peers in combat training, to the point that even though she was two years away from being eligible to join Beacon she was admitted due her combat prowess impressing Ozpin, with him noting that she was already a master at wielding one of the most dangerous weapons ever designed.

Velvet is more skilled than Ruby and near the top of the skill chain at Beacon, able to perfectly and instantly mimic any fighting style she sees, copy the weapons that people use to further copy their styles, even those of pro-huntsmen with decades of combat experience and skill, and can seamlessly meld fighting styles together at will, and she has at the bare minimum dozens of copied fighting styles at her disposal including every member of the main cast

Pyrrha unanimously recognized as the most skilled Beacon student, being skilled enough to win every combat tournament she has entered since she was a pre-teen without anyone ever landing a single blow on her in her decade long combat career despite the tournaments she fought in being comprised of other world class opponents each with unique fighting styles, weapons, and abilities they mastered over their own combat careers.

Mercury casually matched Pyrrha and was stated by WoG to be able to beat her if he went all out. Beacon arc Cinder also casually beat Pyrrha while holding back immensely.

The Ace Ops casually skill stomped Post-Haven Team RWBY and are some of the most skilled fighters on the planet due to Atlas' stricter training regiment and stricter skill vetting process, with all of the Ace Ops being the most skilled of their graduating classes on top of this.

Winter is canonically more skilled than the Ace Ops, Penny outmatched four of the ace ops at once, and Neo casually skillstomped Atlas Arc Team RWBY who are more skilled than the Ace Ops. Neo also skill stomps Mercury via WoG.

Atlas Arc Cinder is equal to Neo in skill and superior to Winter and Penny in skill.

Off the top of my head Disney Canon Star Wars doesn't exactly have the skill fuckery to match this, Legends probably does though
Mind giving me a canon Star Wars skill feat that even compares to this at all? Cause let me tell you I ran out of ideas trying to.

You're really going to have to tell me how anything in this video is remotely better than what Maul did against Pre Visla.

You're really going to have to tell me how anything in this video is remotely better than what Maul did against Pre Visla.

🎵Open your eyes and read~!🎵

Yeah, no. The visuals speak for themselves. Adam isn't using some 300 IQ Baki technique to outskill Blake and Yang, he's using basic swordsmanship and acrobatics to maneuver through the fight, something all Sith and Jedi do.

This is also not factoring in precog and Force push.

Yeah, no. The visuals speak for themselves. Adam isn't using some 300 IQ Baki technique to outskill Blake and Yang, he's using basic swordsmanship and acrobatics to maneuver through the fight, something all Sith and Jedi do.

This is also not factoring in precog and Force push.
You set unrealistic standards of animation for RWBY of all franchises, sorry but not every story can actually make your dreams of amazing animation come true, especially since Maul, or any other force user he scales to for that matter, hasn't just dodge-god'd people and skill-stomped them. Yoda did that, yes. But that isn't even counting the two skill stomps on top of that feat Yoda just doesn't have.

You mean the precog Maul hasn't once prove-ably used? And the force push Maul fairly rarely uses in combat?

"I guess super Goku isn't as skilled as his kid self as he now mostly uses ki attacks instead of hand to hand

The visuals speak for themselves"

Adam was defeated by two characters who were weaker than him.

Maul however should scale to Dooku, who was capable of combatting three night sisters, while poisoned and unable to percieve.

Maul is also comparable to Obi-Wan Kenobi, the latter of which whom defeated General Grievous, who was capable of combatting multiple Jedi Masters by himself.

I do not see what exactly places Adam as superior in regard to skill.
Because teamwork in rwby can overcome a AP gap (just like in dragon ball)
https://****************/wp-content/uploads/WP-manga/data/manga_6173003824249/9c1611746040ac24c409a2e0d7f98837/049.jpg
Basically what belmod says here "by fighting together, the whole is greater then the sum of the parts"

im useing this as a example for you to understand

Last edited:
Adam was defeated by two characters who were weaker than him.

Maul however should scale to Dooku, who was capable of combatting three night sisters, while poisoned and unable to percieve.

Maul is also comparable to Obi-Wan Kenobi, the latter of which whom defeated General Grievous, who was capable of combatting multiple Jedi Masters by himself.

I do not see what exactly places Adam as superior in regard to skill.
Yes, because teamwork in RWBY can overcome an AP gap

Enhanced senses and a huge skill advantage on all of them.

One word: Legends.

Also why the hell would Maul scale to Dooku? Cause he fought Obi-Wan? Ya do realize he mainly beat Obi-Wan by having his beast of a brother with him and by exploiting emotional vulnerabilities right?

Also how come you guys are allowed to use. Skill chain when we can't when all of this is stated/shown in the show/light novels?

The light novels show more of their skill better because they aren't working on a web series budget and it's words

being able to solo hordes of monsters that can easily kill you if you make a single mistake, being skilled enough in martial combat to be able to subconsciously project your soul as a defensive barrier, being skilled enough in martial combat to project your soul as a superpower
Pretty sure 99% of the time, characters are fodderizing grimm, with only the biggest and most special ones presenting any threat. Also idk how projecting your soul is a feat of skill. Jaune's gets his Aura unlocked and then it's just on, and heals him right after. Doesn't seem very skillfull

"No one landing a blow" i'm not sure is ever stated, and if it is, a likely decent portion of that can be attributed to her Semblance, which she demonstrably uses to make attacks miss when she can.

Beacon arc Cinder also casually beat Pyrrha while holding back immensely.
Cinder was also a full Maiden by then, which as shown with people like Amber and Freja (however you spell the old lady's name), is kind of a massive advantage against someone, regardless of your skill, considering the raw power, versatility, and flight it gives at the very least.

If you're talking about the start of Volume 7, Ace Ops literally ambushes them with bolas that tie them up instantly. There was no big fight, it was a complete ambush and element of surprise. There is no skill involved.

Penny outmatched four of the ace ops at once
Penny was also a Maiden, which again, provides numerous advantages over non maidens

Cinder is a Maiden, whereas Neo and Winter were not at the time. Her fight with Penny also included using Emerald to distract her. It was also mainly a lot of projectile spamming, Cinder with her arrows and fire and all that.

This isn't to say all of that is rendered null and void, but many of these scenes and encounters have important context that makes it more than "X beat Y so X is better in literally every capacity than Y" like you are presenting.

You mean the precog Maul hasn't once prove-ably used? And the force push Maul fairly rarely uses in combat?
You mean the precog that even an untrained Luke can use when blindfolded?

It is assumed that all Sith and Jedi use it in fights, that's why they can block blaster fire from all directions and are evenly matched against other Force Sensitives.

Also why the hell would Maul scale to Dooku? Cause he fought Obi-Wan? Ya do realize he mainly beat Obi-Wan by having his beast of a brother with him and by exploiting emotional vulnerabilities right?
You speak as though Maul only fought Obi-Wan in a two to one battle, when that isn't true. Obi-Wan was aided by Ventress who occupied Savage, and Maul was still capable of battling him competently.

"x won because she was a maiden"
when in all three of the fights you brought up, two of them had minimal use of the maiden powers (Penny vs Ace Ops and Cinder vs Winter and Penny) and the third Cinder was effectively toying with Pyrrha the entire fight and never went all out

The debate isn't over so why are you FRA?

You speak as though Maul only fought Obi-Wan im a two to one battle, when that isn't true. Obi-Wan was aided by Ventress who occupied Savage, and Maul was still capable of battling him competently.
Please refer to the other issue.
Pretty sure 99% of the time, characters are fodderizing grimm, with only the biggest and most special ones presenting any threat. Also idk how projecting your soul is a feat of skill. Jaune's gets his Aura unlocked and then it's just on, and heals him right after. Doesn't seem very skillfull

"No one landing a blow" i'm not sure is ever stated, and if it is, a likely decent portion of that can be attributed to her Semblance, which she demonstrably uses to make attacks miss when she can.

Cinder was also a full Maiden by then, which as shown with people like Amber and Freja (however you spell the old lady's name), is kind of a massive advantage against someone, regardless of your skill, considering the raw power, versatility, and flight it gives at the very least.

If you're talking about the start of Volume 7, Ace Ops literally ambushes them with bolas that tie them up instantly. There was no big fight, it was a complete ambush and element of surprise. There is no skill involved.

Penny was also a Maiden, which again, provides numerous advantages over non maidens

Cinder is a Maiden, whereas Neo and Winter were not at the time. Her fight with Penny also included using Emerald to distract her. It was also mainly a lot of projectile spamming, Cinder with her arrows and fire and all that.

This isn't to say all of that is rendered null and void, but many of these scenes and encounters have important context that makes it more than "X beat Y so X is better in literally every capacity than Y" like you are presenting.
And Grimm can actually harm them lol

It's literally her title mate.

And she was still holding back to an absurd degree to the point where she wasn't even trying, Cinder is an extremely arrogant bitch in case you haven't noticed, and as for all the other "but X was maiden" fall down to one very, very, VERY important fact you so conveniently left out... they didn't use Maiden powers for 90% of the fights. You argue I'm ignoring context then proceed to ignore it for your own convenience.

If this is an Ambush then my God

"I guess super Goku isn't as skilled as his kid self as he now mostly uses ki attacks instead of hand to hand

The visuals speak for themselves"
why the **** do people keep bringing up dragon ball in every single battleboards thread what

1) Your post said "The Ace Ops casually skill stomped Post-Haven Team RWBY". I'm not seeing any stomping by the Ace Ops in here, considering team RWBY won, and with only one person losing their Aura at that.

2) If you read my response, I even said "If you're talking about at the start of Volume 7", because the fight you linked is the only other RWBY vs Ace Ops moment, and is at the end of the volume as well. As said, considering RWBY won, not seeing a lot of skill stomping by the Ace Ops here, so idk what you're trying to say here.

Please read my post fully before getting condescending and passive aggressive. In fact, stop being so passive aggressive and condescending, it doesn't help

1) Your post said "The Ace Ops casually skill stomped Post-Haven Team RWBY". I'm not seeing any stomping by the Ace Ops in here, considering team RWBY won, and with only one person losing their Aura at that.
That's at the start of vol 7, this is at the end after the trained in atlas

They impressed post Haven team rwby before their atlas training with them

Using Dragon Ball to justify fighting as a duo being superior in AP to fighting alone is flawed because the mechanics behind such a concept is not comparable across all fiction. There are a lot of factors that come into play when talking about a fight and simply having more AP through superior numbers in one verse is not translatable to another verse.

Plus, Maul fought Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan together so he too, has experience fighting 2v1s.

Back