• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hatred - Darth Maul vs Adam Taurus

Yeah they impressed them so much that ruby said she wants to have teamwork skill like theirs so basically they have better skill then them
"Teamwork skill" is literally just team synergy. That is in no way comparable to martial skill. One is knowledge in combat and the other is knowing how to work in a team.

I am sorry for getting condenseding but the issues stand.
Using Dragon Ball to justify fighting as a duo being superior in AP to fighting alone is flawed because the mechanics behind such a concept is not comparable across all fiction. There are a lot of factors that come into play when talking about a fight and simply having more AP through superior numbers in one verse is not translatable to another verse.

Plus, Maul fought Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan together so he too, has experience fighting 2v1s.
It wasn't being translated like that, it was said "kinda like Dragon Ball". That isn't scaling one verse to another.

And Maul was struggling quite a bit in the middle stages of the fight(being pushed back and all of that), he managed to get to an area he could seperate them and as such took out Qui-Gon.

"Also idk how projecting your soul is a feat of skill. Jaune's gets his Aura unlocked and then it's just on, and heals him right after. Doesn't seem very skillfull"

On top of the confirmation in volume 5 that Aura needs extensive training to be able to be usable in combat...

unknown.png

'In RWBY, skilled users can manifest their aura as an invisible forcefield to absorb the impact of punches or energy attacks,'

unknown.png

'Few ever achieve the level of skill required to call it forth'

""No one landing a blow" i'm not sure is ever stated, and if it is, a likely decent portion of that can be attributed to her Semblance, which she demonstrably uses to make attacks miss when she can."

...Yes, it is, several times, Pyrrha being untouchable is literally her entire reputation, its why she's so famous and why shes seen as invincible. And since when is redirecting attacks in CQC to the point that your opponent cant even land a blow on you not considered skill?

"Cinder was also a full Maiden by then, which as shown with people like Amber and Freja (however you spell the old lady's name), is kind of a massive advantage against someone, regardless of your skill, considering the raw power, versatility, and flight it gives at the very least."

Yet Amber lost to Cinder, Mercury, and Emerald who were much weaker than her Maiden powers and was stated by Qrow and Ozpin to have lost because she wasnt as skilled.

"Penny was also a Maiden, which again, provides numerous advantages over non maidens

Cinder is a Maiden, whereas Neo and Winter were not at the time. Her fight with Penny also included using Emerald to distract her. It was also mainly a lot of projectile spamming, Cinder with her arrows and fire and all that."

None of the Maidens here used their Maiden powers for more than a few seconds in any of the fights youre referring to. Penny just used it to create wind and hail and then used it to break out of a grapple. Cinder only used her maiden powers after fighting both Penny and Winter in CQC, and for the Neo fight she literally only used it at the very end to stop the fight.

I think the "skill" required to maintain an Aura is not translatable to knowing how to punch properly.
I thought we were talking about sword skill as both fighters have swords (well one is a lightsaber but you get what I mean) so what does hand to hand combat have to do with weapon combat?

I think the "skill" required to maintain an Aura is not translatable to knowing how to punch properly.
Considering literally every user of aura we've ever seen is at least at the baseline of skill for the verse in Melee or weapon combat(looking at you Ruby.), usually both?

Also I just realized rewatching the Adam vs Yang and Blake that he kicked their asses both individually and working together and was only beaten cause Yang hit his ass with a max amped Burn punch and knocked his aura out and allowed them to actually harm him

"I think the "skill" required to maintain an Aura is not translatable to knowing how to punch properly."

Also the skill required is being able to keep aura constantly active in-combat in spite of the stress that it puts on the body, they have to train both mentally and physically to the point that keeping aura active is done subconsciously even in intense combat scenarios, and thats before they even learn to manifest a semblance

A basketballer will always get thrashed by a soccer player at soccer. You're describing two different faucets of skill (maintaining an Aura and fighting) and saying that having proficiency in one is equal to proficiency in the other, when that is simply not true.

What's Adam's counter to Darth Maul just Ragdolling him or keeping him suspended until he eventually decapitates him considering the massive gap in lifting strength?

What's Adam's counter to Darth Maul just Ragdolling him or keeping him suspended until he eventually decapitates him considering the massive gap in lifting strength?
An ongoing revision that would put his lifting strength on the same level as if not above Maul's

Also Adam having several ranged attacks and Maul not fighting like that in-character

Force Choking an Inquisitor, and deflecting blaster fire with Force Deflect are two counters to ranged attacks.

340 Tons, via a calc that is offsite and has no evaluations?

I don't know why I should, but clicking to a profile that is linked on that page you linked gives me the Tie Fighter which has a possible 8-A calc(?) that isn't evaluated either.

Why do some many of these pages link to things that don't tell me anything about their rating? If a scaling chain is big, I assume the verse page should clear it up but it really doesn't. What the One Piece page does is good (It hasn't been updated in awhile though), but I guess I shouldn't expect everyone to do that.

Star Wars hasn't been updated in ages. I've been planning to do a revision but it requires a team that I don't have.

340 Tons, via a calc that is offsite and has no evaluations?

I don't know why I should, but clicking to a profile that is linked on that page you linked gives me the Tie Fighter which has a possible 8-A calc(?) that isn't evaluated either.

Why do some many of these pages link to things that don't tell me anything about their rating? If a scaling chain is big, I assume the verse page should clear it up but it really doesn't. What the One Piece page does is good (It hasn't been updated in awhile though), but I guess I shouldn't expect everyone to do that.
no Im pretty sure they back scale to this https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan/Vader_tanks_Sith_Temple_boom

An ongoing revision that would put his lifting strength on the same level as if not above Maul's
Until that happens then my argument is valid
Also Adam having several ranged attacks
Maul consistently deals with ranged attacks, it's not a big deal, also Maul has a significant range advantage with his force choke, as well as far superior sensing and precog
and Maul not fighting like that in-character
???, Maul consistently uses telekinesis in his fights, and the few occasions he doesn't is when he showing off his prowess against other lightsaber wielders, which he has no reason to do here.

And? He doesn't need to tank the attack with the Force, just redirect it left or right.

Considering partially trained Sith like Kylo Ren can casually halt blaster fire for extended periods of time while exerting no visible effort, yeah, a trained Sith like Maul can definitely redirect Adam's energy blasts. Plus, redirection uses less energy than straight up stopping something dead in its tracks. That's basic physics. Maul will have no problem deflecting Adam's attacks.

Considering partially trained Sith like Kylo Ren can casually halt blaster fire for extended periods of time while exerting no visible effort, yeah, a trained Sith like Maul can definitely redirect Adam's energy blasts. Plus, redirection uses less energy than straight up stopping something dead in its tracks. That's basic physics. Maul will have no problem deflecting Adam's attacks.
Blaster fire is... small. Proof that Maul can do that to far larger attacks?

Maul precogs Adam attacking him in the air and blocks with his lightsaber or Force pushes him back once he senses he is getting close.
Oh, mind showing me where Maul actually does this kind of thing? Just for reference.

If there is nothing, non-argument.

Also there are actually anti-feats against that, for instance why didn't Maul see Obi-Wan countering his Saber Butt coming? If he was using precog he should have been able to see it coming, least at the level you claim he has.

Also there are actually anti-feats against that, for instance why didn't Maul see Obi-Wan countering his Saber Butt coming? If he was using precog he should have been able to see it coming, least at the level you claim he has.
Jedi also have Precog..

Blaster fire is... small. Proof that Maul can do that to far larger attacks?

Here is Vader, someone who has less of a connection to the Force as he is mostly cybernetic, blocking a whole ass tsunami.

Also Sith and Jedi precog allow them to deflect blaster fire coming from all directions. Someone as emotional as Adam is just a walking warning beacon for Maul to avoid. Also master level Jedi like Yoda can sense someone entering a building the size of a fortress. Maul fighting someone right in front of him is no issue for him.

Uh, Ovens? Vader did that with help from 2 other force sensitives, and Vader literally scales above Anakin, I think trying to scale Maul to him is a massive explosion of fail.

Also master level Jedi like Yoda can sense someone entering a building the size of a fortress. Maul fighting someone right in front of him is no issue for him.
Maul sensed Kenobi's presence on Tatooine, which is a massive planet, hell even Kylo was able to sense his father from across the planet and in the TROS novel straight up senses larges amounts of life far below the surface of the planet, then we have Maul himself sensing Palpatines plan and order 66 while in hyperspace an entirely separate dimension from real space.

Vader explicitly scales below Anakin, what? He has more cybernetics in him which literally limits his connection to the Force. Also Vader fought Ahsoka on even grounds, the same Ahsoka that Maul scales to. All this in Disney canon, mind you. So I'm not sure what you mean?

Maul sensed Kenobi's presence on Tatooine, which is a massive planet, hell even Kylo was able to sense his father from across the planet and in the TROS novel straight up senses larges amounts of life far below the surface of the planet, then we have Maul himself sensing Palpatines plan and order 66 while in hyperspace an entirely separate dimension from real space.
Yes, but these are just enhanced senses/Clairvoyance, not the argued precog.

Vader explicitly scales below Anakin, what? He has more cybernetics in him which literally limits his connection to the Force. Also Vader fought Ahsoka on even grounds, the same Ahsoka that Maul scales to. All this in Disney canon, mind you. So I'm not sure what you mean?

Here's a statement of Maul being below Vader. Also Vader does scale above Anakin in canon.

Back