• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hatred - Darth Maul vs Adam Taurus

In fact, in this compilation of scenes where aura is shattered, there is not a single scene where we see aura dissipate from their weaponry, so the visual depiction contradicts this assertion further. I'm afraid this sounds like headcanon.
Me when I'm lying
unknown.png

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

aura on Harriet's gauntlets and aura on mercury's boots and prosthetic legs and aura on ironwoods gun and metal half (his gun is glowing blue)

If you believe that Adam's Aura doesn't cover his weapon, this becomes a stomp in Maul's favor as Adam is basically powerless without his sword.

Could someone explain Adam's win condition in this case? Or does he actually have Aura around his blade?

Wait this’s getting added what?
I’m with Rusty, wtf?

If you argue his aura doesn’t extended to his sword (Which like seems really odd personally considering semblances are related to one’s aura and his literally functions through his sword) he can’t do much to Maul lol

Btw

Adam straight absorbs a laser here with his sword so even without aura arguments I legit fail to see how he doesn’t absorb Maul’s sword lol

Maul can still fight without his lightsaber? And if he's anything like Obi-Wan, he is really good at fighting without a lightsaber.

Okay cool but like that’s a wholly different debate no?
So far the debate as far as I can tell was mainly around on if Adam’s sword gets ****** by a lightsaber or not, so if we agree that Adam in fact flips the whole script now you now have to start the argument all over again and discount the previous votes since they relied on a faulty premise

Also does Maul have any h2h feats?

I just want to add that I don't think Maul has any noteworthy H2H combat feats, however, he still has plentiful access to Force Bullshit - i.e precognition and telekinesis that might be able to ragdoll Adam away from him and/or into nearby surfaces.

Btw

Adam straight absorbs a laser here with his sword so even without aura arguments I legit fail to see how he doesn’t absorb Maul’s sword lol

I doubt he could simply absorb the saber, as it is not merely a "laser". The Lightsaber is utilizes a Kyber Crystal, the source of the saber's blade which is also powered by the force. And of course, Kyber Crystals are also sentient. So speculation regarding how his Semblance would interact with the Lightsaber's mystical nature is very peculiar, and he likely wouldn't be capable of simply "vanishing" Maul's saber permanently.

But even then, his blade is still making contact with the Lightsaber. Absorption does not negate the heat.

I doubt he could simply absorb the saber, as it is not merely a "laser". The Lightsaber is utilizes a Kyber Crystal, the source of the saber's blade which is also powered by the force. And of course, Kyber Crystals are also sentient. So speculation regarding how his Semblance would interact with the Lightsaber's mystical nature is very peculiar, and he likely wouldn't be capable of simply "vanishing" Maul's saber permanently.

But even then, his blade is still making contact with the Lightsaber. Absorption does not negate the heat.
Idk man, it's a laser in the end of the day no?
Unless you argue it does not function like one then Adam shouldn't have a problem doing do, he can also absorb KE as is and bypass aura with his attacks as we see when he chopped Yang's arm so if it's a force thing which under verse equal I imagine is equalized to aura Adam slices through the sword and Maul's force augments like butter or he absorbs the sowrd and it doesn't touch his for enough time to full burn away

Idk man, it's a laser in the end of the day no?
Unless you argue it does not function like one then Adam shouldn't have a problem doing do, he can also absorb KE as is and bypass aura with his attacks as we see when he chopped Yang's arm so if it's a force thing which under verse equal I imagine is equalized to aura Adam slices through the sword and Maul's force augments like butter or he absorbs the sowrd and it doesn't touch his for enough time to full burn away
If his blade contacts Maul's lightsaber for even a second it is going damage it beyond use.

The scene where "Adam negates Aura" has already been addressed. Him "going straight through Aura" is quite vague and isn't explicitly depicted even after that, and this "feat" required moonslice which he would not have access to in the very beginning of the fight.

"But even then, his blade is still making contact with the Lightsaber. Absorption does not negate the heat."

Absorption doesn't negate the heat but Aura does as it protects the user and their weapons and equipment to the point that they can be submerged in lava with no issue
aura can shield from Penny's lasers and it has shown to make heat

Also if aura doesn't cover their weapons then how the hell do they fight with leeks and a loaf of bread, watermelon hitting someone so hard it launches someone so hard into a piller without them breaking. This is literally the best proof of aura covering weapons other then it covering their weapons when their aura breaks as the visuals of aura breaking wasn't added until vol 3 (yang vs mercury)

The only time the food break is when they aren't holding it
Ren literally throws those leeks hard enough to embed them in the floor but they don't break because of his aura coating them and nora hits weiss with a watermelon hard enough to send her flying and breaking a stone pillar in the process

Last edited:

Here's some H2H.

And here is how he fights without a lightsaber.

Skill Baseline = Having a lifetime of combat training, being able to solo hordes of monsters that can easily kill you if you make a single mistake, being skilled enough in martial combat to be able to subconsciously project your soul as a defensive barrier, being skilled enough in martial combat to project your soul as a superpower, and being recognized as one of the most skilled fighters in the world by a guy with millennia of composite combat skill, usually capable of soloing armies of Grimm comparable to them.
Are Grimm really able to oneshot huntsmen in training? For the most part it seems more like the huntsmen usually have a significant power advantage. I also don't know if we can truly say that Ozpin recognising their skill means they compare to him. And I wouldn't really call a 17 year old who went to a combat academy for presumably at least five years before coming to Beacon a lifetime of training. At that age I'm not sure we can even call it a lifetime even if they started as a child.

The closest real life comparison is the Spartan Agoge, which took the boys away from their families when they were 7 and started teaching them the theory elements of hunting and academics, and then started harsh training for pain tolerance and surviving hungry (fights with each other and stealing were heavily encouraged) when they were 12, and then enlisted into the army reserve when they were 18, and then into part of the army at age 20, where their training as soldiers began in earnest. They didn't graduate to become a fully fledged member of the Spartan army until they were 30. So that's 5 years of straight theory and preparation, six years of essentially life in a violent prison, two years training as an army reserve, then 10 years harsh military training in the actual army. Even if we ignore the first 5 years and dismiss it as just theory, that's 18 years of battle training. That's one year more training than 1st year Beacon students have been alive, and training using brutal methods that would be banned in Vale. And considering theory is very significant, I'm not sure we should discount the first five years. Even Qrow said that actually living "out there" was far more useful training than at Beacon, and that's a large part of what the last 12 years of Spartan education were like; they involved field work, albeit it was usually killing Helots.

I agree huntsmen are skilled warriors, and I understand that's really all you meant with what you said. I just need to clarify that their skills aren't necessarily head and shoulders above Jedi knights, who are also taken from their families to train to be warriors as small children (interesting how the so-called peacekeepers have an obvious parallel with the extremely violent Spartans of all people), and then trained for usually about 15 years before being made knights, and also have to be recognised by Yoda and Windu who are both very powerful and skilled.

Regarding Velvet, does she actually have that as a skill or is it to do with her Semblance? It seems strange that she'd need to store temporary copies of other people's weapons that only last a few seconds if she could just carry a transforming weapon or have multiple weapons. Unless the Semblance that copies the weapons also temporarily copies the fighting styles. It's possible this has been explained; I stopped watching RWBY after I think Volume 7.

Are Grimm really able to oneshot huntsmen in training? For the most part it seems more like the huntsmen usually have a significant power advantage. I also don't know if we can truly say that Ozpin recognising their skill means they compare to him. And I wouldn't really call a 17 year old who went to a combat academy for presumably at least five years before coming to Beacon a lifetime of training. At that age I'm not sure we can even call it a lifetime even if they started as a child.

The closest real life comparison is the Spartan Agoge, which took the boys away from their families when they were 7 and started teaching them the theory elements of hunting and academics, and then started harsh training for pain tolerance and surviving hungry (fights with each other and stealing were heavily encouraged) when they were 12, and then enlisted into the army reserve when they were 18, and then into part of the army at age 20, where their training as soldiers began in earnest. They didn't graduate to become a fully fledged member of the Spartan army until they were 30. So that's 5 years of straight theory and preparation, six years of essentially life in a violent prison, two years training as an army reserve, then 10 years harsh military training in the actual army. Even if we ignore the first 5 years and dismiss it as just theory, that's 18 years of battle training. That's one year more training than 1st year Beacon students have been alive, and training using brutal methods that would be banned in Vale. And considering theory is very significant, I'm not sure we should discount the first five years. Even Qrow said that actually living "out there" was far more useful training than at Beacon, and that's a large part of what the last 12 years of Spartan education were like; they involved field work, albeit it was usually killing Helots.

I agree huntsmen are skilled warriors, and I understand that's really all you meant with what you said. I just need to clarify that their skills aren't necessarily head and shoulders above Jedi knights, who are also taken from their families to train to be warriors as small children (interesting how the so-called peacekeepers have an obvious parallel with the extremely violent Spartans of all people), and then trained for usually about 15 years before being made knights, and also have to be recognised by Yoda and Windu who are both very powerful and skilled.

Regarding Velvet, does she actually have that as a skill or is it to do with her Semblance? It seems strange that she'd need to store temporary copies of other people's weapons that only last a few seconds if she could just carry a transforming weapon or have multiple weapons. Unless the Semblance that copies the weapons also temporarily copies the fighting styles. It's possible this has been explained; I stopped watching RWBY after I think Volume 7.
dude the fight is over and removed

Why are you necroing just to ask a bunch of questions? I'd normally ask you to take it to my wall but don't even do that, I'm not interested.

Back