• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hax average to be a very good tier 2

You need at last decent Rality Warping, or to be as versatile as ****. That would make you at leat decent.

Good regen, immortality, the ability to interact with abstracts/non-corporeals, reality warping, probably some resistances, oh and immeasurable speed for pesky time freezers.

Remind me again why Lavos has such good acausuality?

There are.

Lavos has parallel timeline clones (he has a lot more stuff going for it, but the dupes are the only thing that isn't common at tier 2)

Kaltias said:
There are.

Lavos has parallel timeline clones (he has a lot more stuff going for it, but the dupes are the only thing that isn't common at tier 2)
So he's acausual because it would only make a path to an alternate future? That is: Because there are infinite versions of universe existing in the past, present, future, and thus when you alter the past it won't override the future, but diverge you to a new, yet pre-existing future? Leaving OG timeline intact?

That doesn't sound very impressive as far as acausallity goes. Seriously. I've heard people say that Lavos is to acausuals what they are to causuals. They've said his AC is crazy, but I'm not sure how that would warrants a higher "tier" of AC.

No, actually he is acausal due to this

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:FateAlbane/Lavos_and_Time_Travel..._Or_"How_I_should_Time_Travel_and_make_this_blog_post_in_the_past"

The thing complicated to get around is that you need to get rid of him from all the parallel timelines / all points in time, otherwise another Lavos opens a portal and continues the fight.

Ironically Lavos' acausality becomes comparatively weaker with the new forms.

Asking a 2-A being to do stuff on a corresponding scale? Reasonable.

Asking it to a 5-A? Unless it's from Warhammer, no

Edit: Dammit wikia messed up the link. Just copy paste it directly instead of clicking on it

Err, so his "acausality" is having the power to...

1. Warp through timelines 2. Understand what's going on in each timeline 3.Remain sort of the same person for all intents and purposes, between timelines?
...is this even actually acausality? >.>

Law Manipulation.

Make it law that you literally cannot lose. GG.

Well most characters don't do this with law Manip. but hey, it's an option.

I mean, it's basically just abusing the "you can't kill me now via killing me in a different point in time" side of acausality, then combining it with a bunch of time travel to get dupes

But if several timelines exist, then any normal human can say "you can't kill me now via killing me in a different point in time". Doesn't make them acausal at all.

For f*ck's sake, Rintarou Okabe can.

My dude you can bet that if you shot me in the head with a pistol, that wouldn't lead to my past self realizing that and time traveling to prevent it

Was it aggressive? Sorry. It wasn't meant to be

It's pretty much what Lavos does though

Akreious said:
Law Manipulation.

Make it law that you literally cannot lose. GG.

Well most characters don't do this with law Manip. but hey, it's an option.
Tbf I know people who can make laws saying "you aren't allowed to exist" so it isn't that different

All I'm seeing here is Lavos having such an advanced version of Reading Steiner that it borders on timelessness due to being able to understand whatever happens to any version in any point of time. Is this really acausality, rather than atemporality and, eh, portal manipulation with multiversal range?

I mean, I suppose that you could call it atemporality if you mean "not influenced by changes in the timeline", but not being influenced by the timeline changing is acausality

He is, though. Another version replaces him, though

His consciousness basically doesn't care about time and he can sense all points in all timelines, so long as he exists there, I guess.

Some way to bypass durability, and a way to attack non corporeals or abstract beings. You need either reality warping, or a counter to it in some way. Some at least basic defensive hax, and a way to counter time stop such as immeasurable speed.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Some way to bypass durability, and a way to attack non corporeals or abstract beings. You need either reality warping, or a counter to it in some way. Some at least basic defensive hax, and a way to counter time stop such as immeasurable speed.
Since Tier 2 often involves timelines, then one should also have a good counter to time manipulation in general, don't you think?

So, say, acausality or atemporality.

Strong enough hax and resistances to not care about AP differences I'm looking at you, UKG. Also a strong enough erasure to bypass Mid-Godly

Since Tier 2 often involves timelines, then one should also have a good counter to time manipulation in general, don't you think?

So, say, acausality or atemporality.

Is there any way to transcend or be unbound by the time and space of an infinite multiverse to get immeasurable speed without becoming High 2-A? Being detatched from it yet not existing in a higher dimension?

What Dragon said: Goddamit Cal not this again...

What Cal got from that: Holy shit, Matt was right. Just responding to threads doesn't make you follow them anymore.

The real cal howard said:
Care more about power than story. Fite me.
Nah you only need to have the patience to look for obscure untranslated stuff have you seen what this did for Madoka ovo

Back