• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Kinda Vague I am Voting incon

Speed Isnt Equalised here?!?
Anyway The thing is pain while fighting naruto was pretty much nerfed due to fighting the whole leaf Village, Performing A Titanic shinra tensei he couldnt pull out the soul of naruto since he cant even kill him he was Holding back to not kill him & Naruto Has all info of him which even kakashi & jiraiya didnt know at that point still after these massive disadvantages guess what pain bodied him it took Kurama's influence on his hatred to transform into V2 6 tails cloak Kyuubi
I dont think even healthy itachi has this much chakra reserve to beat all six paths of pain by spamming susanoo & amaterasu after defeating five paths his chakra reserve would drop that will affect his other stats this will give pain advantage to incon & itachi does not know which pain absorbs ninjutsu unless he fights them so first few amaterasu would be likely absorbed
Most the paths are weak or have no good durability that scales them to ms sasukes amaterasu let alone Healthy Itachi. Also yes this isn't speed equal so itachi is running this man over this. If he touches all them with Ama which he can it'll kill most of them and leave the absorption one, deva and maybe asura.

He'll quickly find out that the Deva Path is the most powerful one, and it won't take too long for him to figure out the cool down interval. After that, it'll be a matter of catching him off guard with the Totsuka Blade, which he has proven he can pull off against Nagato himself.
Once the Deva Path is gone, Pain just loses.

Didn't work out so well for Nagato lol.
To be fair, the absorption isn't passive and Nagato didn't even attempt it, but the Susanoo itself is just chakra and as such the Preta Path should be able to absorb both the entire thing and the Totsuka Sword/Yata Mirror.

I'm voting for itachi, Ama spreads, deduces which is the absorption path and negs, that defeats his massive hindrance in this entire battle.

Shinra tensei isn't doing much since let's say itachi figures out it's flaw like ma and pa did or naruto did (forgot), Itachi will figure out that there's a five second cool down and in that moment go straight in to attack with Ama, Susanoo beads, Totska blade, fire shurikens, Taijutsu,
which all can put down Deva if he doesn't allocate his power to it. He'd likely defend it by sacrificing another path like he did with kakashi and end up losing his advantage on numbers.

Lets say Pain tries and resurrects one with the king of hell, Itachi sees this and amas that path and it literally has no way of defending so it will also die in this scenario.

Chibaku Tensei would be a last resort like it was in his fight against naruto.

btw I forget does OP get to vote? In that case this battle is already in its grace period.
Itachi is only winning if he spams totsuka blade with amaterasu or else pain just outlasts. He easily wins if he seals deva path, then pain can literally not win.
His basic attacks can take out most of the paths, only the asura and deva paths could take this

Naruto Chapter 387 Page 6

and survive, along with Itachi's powerful fire style once he kills the preta and naraka path.
Can the Preta Path absorb the Susanoo?
maybe but he would need to touch it first which is not happening before it gets a fist to its face. Theoretically it could absorb that fist but it would need to activate absorption first, when even Danzo couldn't react to Sasuke's weaker susanoo.
yea he can probably even absorb the totska blade.
idk about that. The totsuka blade is described as having no physical form and being a spirit weapon. I don't thinky you can just absorb that.
To be fair, the absorption isn't passive and Nagato didn't even attempt it, but the Susanoo itself is just chakra and as such the Preta Path should be able to absorb both the entire thing and the Totsuka Sword/Yata Mirror.
Again, spirit weapons

To be fair, the absorption isn't passive and Nagato didn't even attempt it,
Because he couldn't. We've seen two people get stabbed by the blade, and both of them just got yeeted without being able to retaliate in any way. It's not like Nagato can't absorb attacks that have already connected with him either (He absorbed Bee's V2 Lariat and Jiraiya's Rasengan once they made contact with him, for example), so I think the simplest answer is that he just couldn't in this case.
but the Susanoo itself is just chakra and as such the Preta Path should be able to absorb both the entire thing and the Totsuka Sword/Yata Mirror.
I think there's two issues with this idea:
1) IF he could absorb the Susano'o, he'd need to get close first, which just leaves him vulnerable to getting one-shotted tbh. The Preta Path isn't particularly powerful outside of the absorption ability, and I think Itachi has ample ways of dealing with it in all honesty.
2) Susano'o potentially have resistance to absorption. I say that because Madara covering Kurama with his Susano'o protected him from Hashirama's Wood Dragon absorbing its chakra and weakening it. Now if you wanna say Madara's Susano'o is somehow special and has different properties than all the rest, then fair enough I guess, but I personally believe that Susano'o have shown enough general similarities for us to scale their basic properties to each other IMO.

Because he couldn't. We've seen two people get stabbed by the blade, and both of them just got yeeted without being able to retaliate in any way. It's not like Nagato can't absorb attacks that have already connected with him either (He absorbed Bee's V2 Lariat and Jiraiya's Rasengan once they made contact with him, for example), so I think the simplest answer is that he just couldn't in this case.
He wouldn't need to absorb it after it connects though, he'd do the preta absorb shield thing as Itachi is swinging at him, it would be absorbed before making contact.

When Itachi stabbed Nagato with it he reverted back to his own personality, free of Kabuto's control, so it's no wonder he didn't try to absorb it, not that it matters since again, he doesn't need to be hit with it to absorb it.

There's no evidence he can't though, it's just chakra, which he has absorbed on many occasions, the Susanoo isn't special in this regard.
I think there's two issues with this idea:
1) IF he could absorb the Susano'o, he'd need to get close first, which just leaves him vulnerable to getting one-shotted tbh. The Preta Path isn't particularly powerful outside of the absorption ability, and I think Itachi has ample ways of dealing with it in all honesty.
Just want to say, I'm not arguing Pain would win, was just asking something I was curious about.
2) Susano'o potentially have resistance to absorption. I say that because Madara covering Kurama with his Susano'o protected him from Hashirama's Wood Dragon absorbing its chakra and weakening it. Now if you wanna say Madara's Susano'o is somehow special and has different properties than all the rest, then fair enough I guess, but I personally believe that Susano'o have shown enough general similarities for us to scale their basic properties to each other IMO.
That was never stated iirc, all the Susanoo protected Kurama from was Hashirama's jutsu to put the Biju to sleep, which he uses immediately after breaking part of the Susanoo.

That was never stated iirc, all the Susanoo protected Kurama from was Hashirama's jutsu to put the Biju to sleep, which he uses immediately after breaking part of the Susanoo.
The Databook just mentions that it was created by Madara as a defense against Hashirama's Jijun-Jutsu in general, not specifically the one that put Bijū to sleep. It doesn't even make much sense for it to be that one since he hadn't seen it yet, he only saw the Wood Dragon up til that point.

stated to be spirit weapons with no physical form meaning they don't have the physical energy chakra would have. So likely can't be absorbed
is it stated the yata mirror and sword to Totsuka is chakra based? i thought they were etheral with no properties

stated to be spirit weapons with no physical form meaning they don't have the physical energy chakra would have. So likely can't be absorbed
Given that they're literally formed alongside his Susanoo and match it exactly, I think it's pretty reasonable to conclude they're chakra.

Given that they're literally formed alongside his Susanoo and match it exactly, I think it's pretty reasonable to conclude they're chakra.
Even if it can theoretically be absorbed, I already explained that the preta path can't react to the blade in time to absorb it. If it's too fast for Orochimaru and Nagato, it's too fast for Pain.

HUH??? but kishimoto told us they are spirit weapons having no physical form, Physical form is something chakra has. Them forming doesn't mean they are charka. I think it just makes much sense for these spirit weapons to be distinctively different from chakra weapons given the databooks description.
6MNuFIBcLAz4A1b8F2dg-g3xk3Bb69zHecWSU6FQhE4.jpg

They're not inherently part of his Susano'o, he can consciously choose to bring them out or not. For example, he brought out the Yata Mirror when he was in the humanoid stage, but other times he didn't bring it out.
Remember, they're weapons that he obtained through external means, not a natural part of his Susano'o.
Also both the DB and manga went out of their way to establish them as Spirit Weapons with no physical form, so they're clearly different in some way.

Even if it can theoretically be absorbed, I already explained that the preta path can't react to the blade in time to absorb it. If it's too fast for Orochimaru and Nagato, it's too fast for Pain.
Again though, I wasn't arguing that Pain would win so whether or not he can react in time was never part of my argument.

Regardless;
  • Nagato didn't have time to react because he was stabbed through smoke
  • The Orochimaru hit by it scales below Pain in speed, so not really relevant.

This as well, Itachi while fatigued was swinging it reacting to the hydra. So idk this is healthy itachi it should be much faster

im surprised, is thr no databooks or anything for Yata Mirror and Totsuka?
HUH??? but kishimoto told us they are spirit weapons having no physical form, Physical form is something chakra has. Them forming doesn't mean they are charka. I think it just makes much sense for these spirit weapons to be distinctively different from chakra weapons given the databooks description.
6MNuFIBcLAz4A1b8F2dg-g3xk3Bb69zHecWSU6FQhE4.jpg

oh i see it updated late, i can't see annotations in the manga but in the anime when orochi snake collides with yata the susanno shakes

Again though, I wasn't arguing that Pain would win so whether or not he can react in time was never part of my argument.

Regardless;
  • Nagato didn't have time to react because he was stabbed through smoke
  • The Orochimaru hit by it scales below Pain in speed, so not really relevant.
Nagato still had some time to see the blade poking out of the smoke into him.

Imperfect SM Orochimaru is faster than the preta path. The preta path doesn't have many feats, only really dodging SM Naruto's strike when he saw it coming right at him. And the totsuka blade had to travel a much longer distance before hitting Orochimaru as opposed to the few meters it would need to go to hit the preta path
im surprised, is thr no databooks or anything for Yata Mirror and Totsuka?
Uh...Nelliels literally just posted one

Nagato still had some time to see the blade poking out of the smoke into him.

Imperfect SM Orochimaru is faster than the preta path. The preta path doesn't have many feats, only really dodging SM Naruto's strike when he saw it coming right at him. And the totsuka blade had to travel a much longer distance before hitting Orochimaru as opposed to the few meters it would need to go to hit the preta path
Far less time than he would have had had the smoke not been there to give Itachi an easy hit.

No, the Paths of Pain don't have individual profiles, only a singular profile so we assume they all share the same speed, what reason is there to believe the paths have different speed anyway?

SM Naruto > SM Jiraiya >>> Base Jiraiya > Weakened Jiraiya = Weakened Orochimaru that was hit by Totsuka Blade

And the paths could somewhat keep up with SM Naruto.

No I stated that in OP.

I know, but SM Naruto<<Healthy Itachi. Also it wouldn't take THAT long for Itachi to defeat Pain. He's a quick fighter like Minato that tries to end fights as quickly as possible with a lot of finesse. He wouldn't spam susanoo and amaterasu, just use them in moderation to deal with Pain. Also if Itachi sees the preta path holding out its hands, it'll be obvious he's the one who can absorb ninjutsu and he'll proceed to kill him with taijutsu or a fire style shuriken barrage. Preta might absorb the fire but those dozens of shuriken are gonna stab right into him.
He will know but after testing some amaterasu which will waste his chakra so my stand still remains

Most the paths are weak or have no good durability that scales them to ms sasukes amaterasu let alone Healthy Itachi. Also yes this isn't speed equal so itachi is running this man over this. If he touches all them with Ama which he can it'll kill most of them and leave the absorption one, deva and maybe asura.
Or He doesnt know which one revives other before testing A Couple of amaterasu on other ones my stand still remains same

His basic attacks can take out most of the paths, only the asura and deva paths could take this

Naruto Chapter 387 Page 6

and survive, along with Itachi's powerful fire style once
Shuriken spam and fire style can be countered by shinra tensei preta path asura path and even the summoning path can tank some hits. If itachi directs an assult specifically against one path then he could easily kill one path although that path would just get revived or saved by other paths. Itachi needs the susanoo in this battle he can't without it.

Weakened Orochimaru that was hit by Totsuka Blade
Actually, according to the DB his Eight-Headed Serpent (Hydra) form is his strongest Jutsu, period. That would make it scale to or above Orochimaru at his strongest. It's also stronger than Manda, who's stronger than weakened Orochimaru as well, making the whole thing consistent.

Actually, according to the DB his Eight-Headed Serpent (Hydra) form is his strongest Jutsu, period. That would make it scale to or above Orochimaru at his strongest. It's also stronger than Manda, who's stronger than weakened Orochimaru as well, making the whole thing consistent.
Proof it amps his speed? Not on his profile

And even if it did, proof weakened Orochimaru with 8 headed serpent >= prime Orochimaru?

He will literally see the king of hell rise near him and know what are you saying dude?
So?! He will not know what it will do & what if Deva path Blocks him for that small Moment & some path got revived I dont think you know what you are saying I am not saying pain will definitely beat itachi I am saying this could either way

So?! He will not know what it will do & what if Deva path Blocks him for that small Moment & some path got revived I dont think you know what you are saying I am not saying pain will definitely beat itachi I am saying this could either way
I'm saying given how smart itachi is I doubt he's gonna be like "oh no what shall I ever do its the king of hell ahhh", no itachi will analyze and deduce which path summoned it and target that path resulting in it's death which stops anymore res. Also Deva path is blocking what? Amaterasu? Totska blade? no he isn't blocking those at all.

Proof it amps his speed? Not on his profile

And even if it did, proof weakened Orochimaru with 8 headed serpent >= prime Orochimaru?
It being his strongest Jutsu already covers all of that.
"His greatest and most powerful Jutsu"
"having surpassed even Orochimaru"

And again, it's above Manda, who's above weakened Orochimaru.

It being his strongest Jutsu already covers all of that.

And again, it's above Manda, who's above weakened Orochimaru.
That isn't how it works, strongest in what way? AP? Versatility? Speed?

Also, how does a Jutsu that turns him into a 8 headed serpent have anything to do with his speed?

Above Manda in speed? Where is this stated? And Manda's speed scaling is basically equivalent to base Jiraiya and weakened Orochimaru anyway.

It specifically mentions strength and size, so obviously AP.

I don't care about the speed arguments, as I've never used it to argue for Itachi winning. I'm just correcting you on Hydra Orochimaru scaling to Weakened Orochimaru, because he shouldn't.

It specifically mentions strength and size, so obviously AP.

I don't care about the speed arguments, as I've never used it to argue for Itachi winning. I'm just correcting you on Hydra Orochimaru scaling to Weakened Orochimaru, because he shouldn't.
Then why did you respond to my post about that... We were discussing Pain's ability to react to the Totsuka Blade, so that's what I was referring to.

Also, how does a Jutsu that turns him into a 8 headed serpent have anything to do with his speed?

Above Manda in speed? Where is this stated? And Manda's speed scaling is basically equivalent to base Jiraiya and weakened Orochimaru anyway.
Why act as though a jutsu being his strongest and being above him wouldn't account for all stats?
4461855-naruto--databook_iii_eng--310.png

Yea definitely only ap.

Back