• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Heavy vs. Pyro

DMB 1 said:
Guys, Heavy is literally the counter Class against Pyro. W+M1 is suicide.
W+M1 isn't being used here. There is alotta flare gun and detonator aiming one can do to counter the range

Absaddie said:
Natascha would push back the jetpack regardless, Pyro has no way to close the gap.
Does literally no one main Pyro here? He has one of 5he best aim-based projectiles in the entire game

Zark2099 said:
Absaddie said:
Well you don't have any in canon cases of the jetpack acting anyway different than it does in gameplay.
Well, it moves at a high speed, has an inconsistent curve to disorient aiming, and can be used in a multitude of ways, Heavy on the other hand doesn't show any impeccable aiming skills to counter that in canon.
>Man so devoted to the use of his weapons he's actually romantically attracted to one

>Can't use weapon well

I mean, I did main Pyro for a long time, and I could not aim for shit. I just spammed with the Scorth Shot to annoy the hell out of snipers on HighTower.

Oh so tell me the impeccable aim one can do with a minigun that isn't absolutely destryoed by its spread?

DMB 1 said:
I mean, I did main Pyro for a long time, and I could not aim for shit. I just spammed with the Scorth Shot to annoy the hell out of snipers on HighTower.
Well, just because you can't, doesn't mean everyone else can't. I used to bounce scouts off the doublecross bridge with the scorch shot

How you gonna argue Heavy hasn't showed he aims well with the miniguns in canon when Pyro has never used flare guns in canon period? Unless you count Meet the Pyro which only showed him shooting a Scout point blank.

But how can you then argue that Pyro can't close the gap when he has literally five secondary weapons just for that, far higher mobility, afterburn, devastating close range, and amazing disruption?

And your point is.. what exactly? Firing a weapon with wayy higher spread at a distance?

Zark2099 said:
But how can you then argue that Pyro can't close the gap when he has literally five secondary weapons just for that, far higher mobility, afterburn, devastating close range, and amazing disruption?
Because Sandvich

Because any and all of Heavy's miniguns will rip Pyro to shreds in seconds. Natascha also cancels out the movement entirely.

>20 meters. Pyro can make it longer due to rev up time. At best Pyro gets hit by like, 5 bullets until heavy moves closer.

>Natascha can't slow down the Thruster from what I remember

>Pyro can literally bounce around Heavy with the Scorch Shot far more reliably with that distance

>So explain to me in a logical sense that Heavy, drops his minigun, picks up another one, and this doesn't waste 30 seconds?

Thermal Thruster isn't something you use mid-engaging in a fight, its something used to get around or catch the jump on someone, the best you could do with it in a fight is escape a confrontation.

And bounce around with the Scorch Shot? Wym

Even if the Natascha couldn't stop the movement of the Thermal Thruster you'd still be throwing yourself into point blank minigun fire which will only kill you in seconds, you'd take too long to even switch to the flamethrower and do anything meaningful to Heavy before dying.

20 metres apart and only getting by 5 bullets by the way? Not likely, it's still easy to do high damage at that distance.

I'm pretty sure the Natacha does slow down the jetpack, also it has that stat were you take more knockback akin to the modern Shortstop so any minigun kinda screws that strategy over.

It also doesn't shoot you into the air instantly and also has a small recovery time when landing and when changing weapons. It just gives Heavy more time to rip Pyro to shreds.

How'd y'all even agree so fast to Pyro winning when Heavy's the clear counter class who's going to wreck Pyro more often than not?

Same as Spy beating Sniper and Engineer

@Absaddie Well, it does seem to have a more sustained flight in the Jungle Inferno animation. Pyro still gets riddled with bullets though.

Well, that's you using it in game mechanics terms. It can very well be used to gain distance, as there's no reason why it couldn't.

You can disrupt aim with successive Scorch Shot firing and do an admittingly far less impressive version of Rocket juggling if the Heavy isn't revving up.

Explain to me why the **** would you as a pyro, in any situation, not pepper him at a distance from the reliable secondaries, and straight up W+M1 them instead? You take out a heavy by pepper him, and if he has low health and using a sandvich, nuke him while he's down with you Phlog, which has the Mmmph meter built-up.

Have you like, tried to snipe someone as a heavy from the sniper lookouts? It's that disatnce we're talking with 20 meter

Btw, I just realized, sorry if I'm coming across as too persistent or annoying. It's just, I never had a single problem taking down a Heavy as a Pyro in literally any game I was in, so it is like, instincts kicking in of the weird "Pyro can only run at the enemy" downplay which is going on

20 metre
-5 health per hit with immense rapid fire still puts you at a big disadvantage. Try hitting them with a flare gun/scorch shot and maybe disrupt aim just a teensy bit but it's not likely to mess the Heavy up much at all who's still busy tearing you a new one. Pyro isn't that hard a target to hit anyway.

Absaddie said:
How'd y'all even agree so fast to Pyro winning when Heavy's the clear counter class who's going to wreck Pyro more often than not?
Same as Spy beating Sniper and Engineer
Can a pyro reliably beat a Demoman, or a Soldier, when he is clearly their countering class? Hell, can a pyro even effectively kill a spy when they have the default loadout? That's the logic that is going here. 1v1 and TeamvTeam dynamics are vastly different.

A sniper can definitely **** up a Spy in a 1v1 fight if he has all his arsenal

Reliably? Depends on the players but average on average, a counter class will beat the one they counter more often than not.

A sniper can very easily be snuck up upon by a Spy, he can throw piss but he'd have to guess right if it was even a Spy and the revolvers are probably gonna kill Sniper more easily up close than his own guns will (unless he gets lucky). Same with an Engineer, the entire way they play is countered by the Spy. As is the Pyro's typical rushing in strategy countered by a Heavy's minigun. They can try shooting a flare gun but their DPS is just getting outmatched more often than not.

>Implying player-controlled characters have a stratergy.

NO. That is never how that works. A playered controlled character has the stratergy which it sees as fit. Rushing and flanking is something Pyro can do, but it can also very well pepper its opponents, which is what using a flare gun is for.

Also, Pyro' Projectile does 20 damage, plus 10 burst, with afterburn. So even if Heavy is hitting every bullet, which is insanely unlikely given the mobility, unpredicatabilty with the knockback on both ends (Which FYI ***** Heavy more as Pyro'll be at a huge distance), Heavy is till doing the same damage in the long run, hell even less if taking into account the afterburn

Btw, grace is over, so I'll be adding this. If you want a redo, you can remake the thread

Absaddie said:
Where's this take place anyway? 2fort?
Nope, it was one of the new Control point maps with thr Jungle Update I think. Definitely not 2fort due to lack of shit lol

Absaddie said:
A sniper can very easily be snuck up upon by a Spy, he can throw piss but he'd have to guess right if it was even a Spy and the revolvers are probably gonna kill Sniper more easily up close than his own guns will (unless he gets lucky). Same with an Engineer, the entire way they play is countered by the Spy. As is the Pyro's typical rushing in strategy countered by a Heavy's minigun. They can try shooting a flare gun but their DPS is just getting outmatched more often than not.
Razorback, SM gun with great RPS, and a better melee disagree

Back