• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hellboy (Franchise) Revision Thread #1 | 8-C Hellboy, further calculations, and more!

No problem.

I will unlock the page so somebody can adjust it according to what we accepted above.

Alright then. So now that we got Hellboy's regeneration taken care of, I wanna go over his speed once again. First, I want everyone to be the judge of a few scans.

• During the 1st volume of Conqueror Worm there are some scans of Hellboy and Roger tanking supposed machine gun fire. While this may not necessarily be an actual speed feat, I was hoping that there would be a way to calculate Hellboy's reaction to it if it's at all possible
  • From the 3rd volume of Conqueror Worm there's a scan where Hellboy uses his Vulcan 65. From the looks of this it seems he may've outmaneuvered the explosion a bit. Does it seem like it would be a reliable speed feat worth calculating or is it too vague?
  • In the 5th volume of Conqueror Worm the Lobster uses a rod and lightning to somehow bring Roger back from the dead. I have seen a user on the Death Battle Fanon claiming Hellboy is dodging lightning in this scan, but I'm not entirely sure. Do you agree with this? If so, would anyone be willing to calc it?
  • Also taken from the 5th volume of Conqueror Worm is this instance of Hellboy displaying his reactions and it's arguably his best speed feat so far. I've been told in a respect thread on Reddit that it's a shot from a ray gun and I have previously done a calculation on it. Unfortunately, as the details on whether or not it counts as a laser are so vague the calculation has been rejected. If there's any other way of calculating this scan I would love to hear some input.
I will update this list later.

Alright then. So now that we got Hellboy's regeneration taken care of, I wanna go over his speed once again. First, I want everyone to be the judge of a few scans.

• During the 1st volume of Conqueror Worm there are some scans of Hellboy and Roger tanking supposed machine gun fire. While this may not necessarily be an actual speed feat, I was hoping that there would be a way to calculate Hellboy's reaction to it if it's at all possible
  • From the 3rd volume of Conqueror Worm there's a scan where Hellboy uses his Vulcan 65. From the looks of this it seems he may've outmaneuvered the explosion a bit. Does it seem like it would be a reliable speed feat worth calculating or is it too vague?
  • In the 5th volume of Conqueror Worm the Lobster uses a rod and lightning to somehow bring Roger back from the dead. I have seen a user on the Death Battle Fanon claiming Hellboy is dodging lightning in this scan, but I'm not entirely sure. Do you agree with this? If so, would anyone be willing to calc it?
  • Also taken from the 5th volume of Conqueror Worm is this instance of Hellboy displaying his reactions and it's arguably his best speed feat so far. I've been told in a respect thread on Reddit that it's a shot from a ray gun and I have previously done a calculation on it. Unfortunately, as the details on whether or not it counts as a laser are so vague the calculation has been rejected. If there's any other way of calculating this scan I would love to hear some input.
This is not my place to speak on, sadly.

I don't have enough free time to properly evaluate your scans. Sorry.

@Mr._Bambu

Would you be willing to help out here again please?

in the future, Joe, I'd like if you took the time to create one original thread with all of your proposed changes.

Regarding the first few scans, I don't think we can reliably estimate speed based on tanking bullets. While it is true he moved there, we cannot say he moved faster than a bullet or even remotely comparably- just that he moved while being shot.

As for the Vulcan scan, all we know is that he dodged after tossing a grenade. Don't think we can reasonably say he dodged the actual explosion.

I believe the user from the Death Battle fanon may well be mistaken, there's not much to imply he's dodging here.

If that can't be proven to be a ray of light then we can't consider it as such, no. Perhaps the ray has speed feats, such as being comparable to bullets or something? I agree Hellboy dodged it, so something could be done here.

Last edited:
in the future, Joe, I'd like if you took the time to create one original thread with all of your proposed changes.

Regarding the first few scans, I don't think we can reliably estimate speed based on tanking bullets. While it is true he moved there, we cannot say he moved faster than a bullet or even remotely comparably- just that he moved while being shot.

As for the Vulcan scan, all we know is that he dodged after tossing a grenade. Don't think we can reasonably say he dodged the actual explosion.

I believe the user from the Death Battle fanon may well be mistaken, there's not much to imply he's dodging here.

If that can't be proven to be a ray of light then we can't consider it as such, no. Perhaps the ray has speed feats, such as being comparable to bullets or something? I agree Hellboy dodged it, so something could be done here.
I suppose you are right; thank you for your judgement here. To be fair I actually intended to have this thread as a means of proposing changes to other profiles whenever progress was done; I'm not entirely sure whether or not we should close this thread. I guess that just about does it for Hellboy's speed; probably would just be better to keep him at Transonic.

In the meantime, can I get everyone here to evaluate this calculation I made for Demon Form Hellboy? I admit it looks kinda off, but I did use all the knowledge from the wiki I could to perform this one.

I suggest that if you are still planning on Hellboy revisions, that you compile all your proposals into a single post so we can evaluate it far easier. Continuously posting more stuff just makes things harder.

I suggest that if you are still planning on Hellboy revisions, that you compile all your proposals into a single post so we can evaluate it far easier. Continuously posting more stuff just makes things harder.
That is a valid point.

Back