• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hellboy (Franchise) Revision Thread #1 | 8-C Hellboy, further calculations, and more!

I mean. Don't worry about it, honestly I take it as my general inability to explain things thoroughly. I can't speak for Ant but I've always had issues like that. I apologize for that.
It's okay, but I do wanna focus on Hellboy's profile here. The main objective of this revision thread was to get him to another level, and I guess this scan here can't really be calculated, as nobody knows whether or not it's a legit laser.

Last edited:
Well, if you understand the distinction between attack potency, striking strength, and durability now, you need to collaborate with me and Bambu to help us figure out appropriate statistics.

Also, thank you for helping out Bambu.

Well, if you understand the distinction between attack potency, striking strength, and durability now, you need to collaborate with me and Bambu to help us figure out appropriate statistics.

Also, thank you for helping out Bambu.
Well as far as far The Black Flame's Durability goes, his most impressive feat I found so far is where he was completely unaffected by Liz's fire blast. This was when Liz was using the same power to destroy Katha-Hem. So I'd say that The Black Flame should possess City level durability. Kinda like this...

Durability: Building level+ (Sustained no injury after getting propelled through several skyscrapers) | City level (Emerged completely unscathed from Liz Sherman's fire blast)

In terms of Attack Potency, I found that he was able to match Liz's power even when he was in a weakened state. Again, it's the same power she used to destroy Katha-Hem, so I'd say that he should possess City level Attack Potency. Wanna make it to where it looks like this...

Attack Potency: Building level+ (Killed Roger the Homunculus) | City level (Was able to match Liz's power even when in a weakened state)

I'm still doing some research, so I will update later.

Okay. That seems fine then, but what evidence do you have for that he and Liz can punch at the same power output as their energy manipulation or otherwise?

Okay. That seems fine then, but what evidence do you have for that he and Liz can punch at the same power output as their energy manipulation or otherwise?
So far most of the feats that Landis has regarding his striking strength would seem to put him in the building range, but I'll continue to look into that in the meantime.

Okay. You should find the evidence for the striking strength feats, so we can get them calculated.

Okay. You should find the evidence for the striking strength feats, so we can get them calculated.
Here we are. These are some of the scans I found for Landis that take his physical strength into account, however it seems as though most of them would be for his Lifting Strength. Needless to say, I think they're still worth calculating.

Here we are. These are some of the scans I found for Landis that take his physical strength into account, however it seems as though most of them would be for his Lifting Strength. Needless to say, I think they're still worth calculating.
Probably can't do the first one. Crater I can give a rough go, we don't have incredible shots of it but it'll do. Third one lacks context in regards to timeframe so is probably a bust. Skyscraper bust can be done pretty easily since it seems to be a case of an entire floor being V. Fragged.

Thank you for helping out. It is appreciated.

Thank you for helping out. It is appreciated.
Probably can't do the first one. Crater I can give a rough go, we don't have incredible shots of it but it'll do. Third one lacks context in regards to timeframe so is probably a bust. Skyscraper bust can be done pretty easily since it seems to be a case of an entire floor being V. Fragged.
I also did another calculation myself. Do you guys mind checking it out?

Replied, my apologies but due to the stuff posted on my wall the calcs requested may be a smidge delayed.

No problem. Thank you for helping out.

The calculation should preferably be adjusted according to the instructions then.

Type 7 works, yeah.

That seems fine to me as well.
Type 7 works, yeah.
Excellent. Now, so long as they're acceptable, does anyone either mind applying these changes or unlocking Hellboy's page for them to be applied?

Tier: At least 9-B to 9-A, likely 8-C to High 8-C | At least High 7-C, likely far higher

Name:
Hellboy, Urush An Rama, Hell Boy, The Right Hand of Doom, The Beast of the Apocalypse, The World Destroyer, The Great Beast, HB, Red, Hell-Boy, Red Ape, Monkey Boy | Real name is Anung Un Rama

Origin: Hellboy

Classification: Cambion (Half-Demon, Half-Human)

Powers and Abilities:

Base

Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Rage Power, Acrobatics, Longevity, Immortality (Types 2, 3, 4 and 7. Is "as deathless as Koshchei"; unable to die until he's ready or unless he believes he should), Regeneration (High-Low to Low-Mid; had his heart ripped out and still survived), Supernatural Willpower (Stated to have an iron will; was brought to the brink of death many times but never gave up), Self-Resurrection, Enhanced Senses (Can see farther than the average human), Minor Size-Shifting (Demonstrated here) Demonic Transformation, Limited Necromancy (Can communicate with the dead) Stealth and Weapon Mastery, Multilingualism (Can speak Old Lemurian), Martial Arts (Defeated a professional wrestler) Sleep Manipulation via Pressure Points (Can KO people by hitting certain nerve junctions), Resistance to Fire, Electricity, Pain, Paralysis (Broke out of a spell that paralyzed him) and Illusions (Broke out of an illusion)

With Equipment
Non-Physical Interaction with Right Hand of Doom (Can hit a ghost), Plant Manipulation with Arbutus (Also drives away ectoplasm) & Vasilisa's Comb, Water Manipulation with Vasilisa's Handkerchief, Resurrection with Mohlomi's Bell (Also grants resistance to evil), Explosions with Vulcan 50, Vulcan 65 & Concussion Grenades, Poison & Gas Manipulation with Gas Grenades, Damage Boost & Reduction with Agrippa's Charm

Demon Form
All previous abilities but to a greater extent, including Large Size (Type 3), Hellfire Manipulation, Explosion Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Flight, Resistance to Hellfire

Attack Potency: At least Wall level (Stated to be stronger and tougher than a human; can crush a human skull) to Small Building level, likely Building level to Large Building level (His fight with a rat monster caused an earthquake of this magnitude) | At least Large Town level (Generated an explosion of hellfire, which yields this much potential energy), likely far higher

Speed:
At least Subsonic to Transonic (Fast enough to dodge bullets and a shot from an electric gun) | At least High Hypersonic (Can move at these speeds), likely far higher

Lifting Strength:
At least Class 5 (Can throw a tree into a giant's neck) to Class 25 (Some sources hint he possess a strength level of Class 25, but the true extent of Hellboy's strength is unknown) | At least Class G (Is able to lift his own weight in his gigantic form), likely far higher

Striking Strength:
At least Wall Class (Can tackle people through walls and smash through masonry) to Small Building Class (Strong enough to punch a large tree monster), likely Building Class to Large Building Class | At lest Large Town Class (His punches can deal this much damage), likely far higher

Durability:
At least Wall level (Survived getting pounded in a palm by an oversized Roger the Homunculus) to Small Building level, likely Building level to Large Building level (Survived the destruction of a castle). Regeneration and Immortality make him difficult to kill | At least Large Town level (Was unfazed by his own explosion of hellfire), likely far higher

Stamina:
Very High (Withstood multiple shots of electricity, for which each shock had the power to light up a city) | Likely higher than before

Range: Extended melee range with swords and spears, tens of meters with guns and other firearms. Kilometers with Size Shifting

Standard Equipment: The Right Hand of Doom, 1941 US Army-Issue M1911A1 .45 Caliber Pistol, Excalibur, concussion and gas grenades, knives, spears, horns (via Prince of Hell), Vulcan 50 and 65, an iron horseshoe, Mohlomi's Bell, Resurrection Amulet & several other magical artifacts

Intelligence: At least Gifted. After he was taken in by the US government and became a part of the BPRD in 1952, Hellboy possesses 50 years of considerable knowledge and experience as both a paranormal investigator and detective. Often being considered the best paranormal investigator ever since he was 8 years old, he's able to rig up Nazi munitions to a timed explosion and speak Old Lemurian which was the language of the first race of men in the golden age. Aside from his occult knowledge and multilingualism, Hellboy is an incredible strategist both inside and outside of combat. He can figure out a way destroy an enemy after learning the weakness and use the environment to his advantage such as when he used a damaged sign to skewer his enemy. He has also displayed skill with swords and other improvised weapons and has likely mastered all forms of Earth's martial arts, and a little further.

Weaknesses: Hellboy is rather short-tempered, and he has a soft spot for cats and Baby Ruth bars. Some of his weapons can malfunction and there are a few times when he's admitted to not being a great shot. Due to his half-demonic nature, Hellboy can be damaged by certain types of holy spells and magic (this might not be the case, however, as he is no "simple creature of Hell").

Feats: Respect threads

Key: Base | Demon Form

Last edited:
Well, that is just Gifted intelligence, not Genius.

Notifications can only be sent by staff members.

See, I don't know enough about all of what's posted up there. The fact that an entire page keeps getting posted suggests more is changing than I think actually is. For example, the last draft includes the results for a calc both Jasonsith and I rejected in some capacity.

In any case, Gifted is likely fine.

Thank you. The rejected calculation can obviously not be used then, but Gifted intelligence can be applied.

Thank you. The rejected calculation can obviously not be used then, but Gifted intelligence can be applied.
I guess not then. Maybe it would just be better to use the scans of Hellboy's fight with "prince" in correlation to the Common Feat "Digging up from the Underground" like this?

Attack Potency: At least Wall level (Stated to be stronger and tougher than a human; can crush a human skull and contended with multiple frog monsters) to Small Building level+ (Should be comparable to the likes of Lobster Johnson; dug up from the underground during his fight with a rat monster which would require this amount of force)

Hopefully that can be accepted as it is now?

That seems fine to me at least. What do you think Bambu?

the more I look into this the worse it gets

Ok. Going back to the profile posted above.

- High 7-C is based on a calc numerous calc members, including myself, had issues with at the time of posting. The original creator of the calc went back to say it was likely impossible to accurately calc. If it were implemented already without acceptance, it wouldn't be as bad- but the surrounding facts make it unwise to insert.

- Knocking someone out isn't Sleep Manipulation. Even if it is done by Pressure Points.

- Your 9-A+ is literally wrong, as no default value for digging up from the underground is 9-A+. Even if the floor in question is made of metal.

- The suggested reason for Class 25 is "some things might be Class 25". No.

- Hellboy's second key speed/LS calc also has an AP value attached to it- High 7-A. Why is that not used here? It was accepted by one calc group member.

That covers every issue I can find with a single reading.

the more I look into this the worse it gets

Ok. Going back to the profile posted above.

- High 7-C is based on a calc numerous calc members, including myself, had issues with at the time of posting. The original creator of the calc went back to say it was likely impossible to accurately calc. If it were implemented already without acceptance, it wouldn't be as bad- but the surrounding facts make it unwise to insert.

- Knocking someone out isn't Sleep Manipulation. Even if it is done by Pressure Points.

- Your 9-A+ is literally wrong, as no default value for digging up from the underground is 9-A+. Even if the floor in question is made of metal.

- The suggested reason for Class 25 is "some things might be Class 25". No.

- Hellboy's second key speed/LS calc also has an AP value attached to it- High 7-A. Why is that not used here? It was accepted by one calc group member.

That covers every issue I can find with a single reading.
Alright, the second, third, and fourth issues have been taken care of. Thank you for your input.

What Bambu has rejected has to be corrected then.

Thank you for helping out.

When the first and final issues are resolved, I can accept the revision, I think. In the future, I suggest listing out changes rather than an entire revised profile, or at least the former in addition to the latter.

When the first and final issues are resolved, I can accept the revision, I think. In the future, I suggest listing out changes rather than an entire revised profile, or at least the former in addition to the latter.
I suppose it would be better to list Hellboy's Demon Form key at an unknown tier for now.

Now if we're done here, I will leave you this link. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Hellboy?oldid=7258688

I adjusted the tier category:

I think we're done with Hellboy's profile for now. Since he has two calculations of the same scan it should be definitive for him to have Building level durability. With that we should be able to scale characters that can harm him with that same level of durability. I did wanna try to high-ball him and others a little further by using his City Block level durability feat, but I'll try and get calculation members to evaluate and provide more calculations of him possessing such.

Yes, 8-C statistics should be fine for Hellboy and comparable characters then.

We still need calculations for all of the listed speed feats as well though.

Back