• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hellboy (Franchise) Revision Thread #1 | 8-C Hellboy, further calculations, and more!

azontr is correct.

Anyway, the following character seems to have had his physical statistics scale from being able to warp reality. That does not make sense, and is not how we are supposed to do things. Are any other Hellboy characters scaled from him?

Oh dear.

We absolutely need proof of monsters being 8-C in size.

This is not negotiable. It is a must. Currently 8-C comes from the monsters Abe Sapien fought. Scale their size. If it is 8-C, I accept 8-C. If it is not, I do not accept 8-C. The purpose of a CRT is not to just keep remaking proposals- get proof. I need proof.
No, not really. If you can find and calculate other 8-C feats and the calcs are accepted then he'd be 8-C without size calcs.
azontr is correct.

Anyway, the following character seems to have had his physical statistics scale from being able to warp reality. That does not make sense, and is not how we are supposed to do things. Are any other Hellboy characters scaled from him?

Well then, let's see if I can find some more of Hellboy's most impressive feats...

In Hellboy: Darkness Calls, there is a fight between Hellboy and Koshchei. After a little girl named Vasilisa dies from one of Koshchei's arrows, she gives Hellboy two charms known as Vasilisa's Comb and Vasilisa's Handkerchief. Okay, so sometime later throughout the continued fight, Hellboy whips out the comb he received from Vasilisa and throws it at Koshchei's head creating a forest upon impact. Based upon this blog I found from across the wiki that goes over the needed energy to create a small forest, where the low-end is City Block level. With that, I think Hellboy's Tier and Attack Potency should look a little something like this...

Tier: At least 9-B to 9-A, 8-B with Vasilisa's Comb, likely higher | At least High 7-C, likely higher

Attack Potency:
At least Wall level (Stated to be stronger and tougher than a human; can crush a human skull) to Small Building level (Was able to fight evenly with Karl Kroenen), City Block level with Vasilisa's Comb (Created a forest during his fight with Koshchei which would require this much energy) likely higher | At least Large Town level (Generated an explosion of hellfire, which yields this much potential energy), likely far higher

Will continue to update later.

Last edited:
I don't think we still directly compare creation with destruction, as established by the recent threads regarding this subject.

Sorry man.

As far as I'm aware, yeah. This is the thread if you wanna know more. TL;DR this thread decided (officially, I believe) that creation feats aren't just equal to destroying that which was created. I believe Agnaa and DT's proposal of "AP by volume" was accepted.

As far as I'm aware, yeah. This is the thread if you wanna know more. TL;DR this thread decided (officially, I believe) that creation feats aren't just equal to destroying that which was created. I believe Agnaa and DT's proposal of "AP by volume" was accepted.
Really though? I mean, this wiki's already decided on things such as creating explosions or making energy blasts and storms would equate to Attack Potency, right? How come creating a forest wouldn't apply in this same case?

Putting it simply, if you didn't read it- they do! They just wouldn't equate creation = pulverizing/exploding the entire thing. Since that makes no sense. Explosions have quantifiable energy, storms have it too but scaling storms to physical strength is mostly a thing of the past, and energy blasts tend to have some form of destruction tied to them.

What we have on the Creation page:

Attack Potency Scaling​

Note that this only applies to the character's capacity to harm other characters if their Creation is connected to their other abilities; for example, it can be reasoned that a mage who can conjure a city with little mana can destroy one with the same amount of mana, however a character who can create objects without other ways of harming their opponents wouldn't be able to harness that power to hurt another character, and would fall under a light form of Environmental Destruction.

Putting it simply, if you didn't read it- they do! They just wouldn't equate creation = pulverizing/exploding the entire thing. Since that makes no sense. Explosions have quantifiable energy, storms have it too but scaling storms to physical strength is mostly a thing of the past, and energy blasts tend to have some form of destruction tied to them.

Attack Potency Scaling​

Note that this only applies to the character's capacity to harm other characters if their Creation is connected to their other abilities; for example, it can be reasoned that a mage who can conjure a city with little mana can destroy one with the same amount of mana, however a character who can create objects without other ways of harming their opponents wouldn't be able to harness that power to hurt another character, and would fall under a light form of Environmental Destruction.
But there are some scenes where the forest damaged Koshchei...

Attack Potency Scaling​

That is correct, yes.

DontTalk's and Agnaa's new standards have not been applied yet.

Sorry. I forgot about that.

Anyway, creating a forest is probably unquantifiable in terms of attack energy/potency.

Also, about this...

Well, at that extreme scale it is usually a part of a character's inherent nature. On the other hand, similarly to weather manipulation, just because somebody can warp the surroundings, this does not mean that they can punch and resist damage to anywhere near the same degree.

Well, at that extreme scale it is usually a part of a character's inherent nature. On the other hand, similarly to weather manipulation, just because somebody can warp the surroundings, this does not mean that they can punch and resist damage to anywhere near the same degree.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Then yeah, I don't think whatever reality warping feats can be used as AP.

What else do you want me to explain after I provided the recent scans of the forest damaging Koshchei?
Ok, so, the attack potency of the forest itself doesn’t necessarily need to scale to an actual forest, if it was made through a Creation ability, is that correct?

What type of power are the Black Flame's statistics currently scaled from?
His AP scales from his ability to create storms. I linked that to the References for Common Feats page that goes over the energy required to create storms.

His striking strength and durability scale from Liz Sherman's who destroyed Katha-Hem who is immune to nuclear weapons.

Would you at least post a comment on it? That would be enough.
I literally cannot give you an evaluation, it isn't something I'm capable of doing cause I suck at math. If you want me to give an evaluation that is blatantly wrong just to have support, I think that's punishable.

KE

KE is a bit reliant on a specific timeframe, however in this case, the standard assumption is a minute. However, if it takes less then a minute, then you can make your own calc, assuming the storm qualifies for KE Standards

20000/60 is 333.333333333333 m/s

Now, 0.5×10083255780961×333.333333333333^2 is....

5.601808767200e17 Joules, 133.886442810720 Megatons, Mountain level

I'm aware the calc exists, I'm also aware it isn't the default assumption.

Back