• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hol Horse vs James Ironwood

Hol is paid to end Mr Ironwood, can he complete the mission?

Fight takes place in Central Park, both are 100 metres with speed equalised. Emperor is visible to James

Cowboy - 2

Tin Man - 0

Inconsluive - 0

Hol Horse takes this with higher AP, bullets that can track and consistently land on Ironwood, Ironwood not being able to see Emporer or its bullets to react properly, and Ironwood's poor ranged game.

Aura will only buy Ironwood so much time, and his regen can't save him from multiple headshot wounds or fatal gunshot wounds.

Ironwood should be able to land more than a few shots on Hol before Hol manages to get in range to be able to shoot him, and he can very easily engage Hol in h2h combat in which he would undoubtedly dominate

>Match starts at 20 meters and Hol Horse can track bullets

Hol Horse can consitently land every bullet he shoots with his stand's ability. Ironwood's ranged game is terrible compared to Emporer's.

Ironwood would get projectile spammed by Hol Horse before he can even get close. Hol Horse can also tell when Ironwood is about to shoot him and take cover, whereas Ironwood can't see Emporer.

Okay sry I forgot to say, for the sake of this matchup I would assume James can see Emperor. Not sure about the bullets themself but James should at least see his opponent's weapon. Vote counted for you Dargoo. :)

Hol Horse wins via AP, Bullet tracking, Unlimited Ammo, Projectile Spam.

Oh thats even better, James can cross 20 meters in the blink of an eye and put a fist in Hol's stomach and a bullet through his head no problem. Also as Professor described, Hol will just shoot for the sake of shooting and wont aim. James on the other hand has consistently shown to shoot exclusively to kill.

I like how you're assuming Hol Horse won't react to that or attack back.

I also like how you think Ironwood will one-shot someone who is superior to him in AP.

>Shoot for the sake of shooting

Hol Horse shoots for vital parts and the head nearly all the time, no clue what you're talking about.

Ironwood moves to close distance and gets repeatedly capped in the head.

Yeah, we hardly see anything from Ironwood as it stands.

From what we have seen so far, however, Hol Horse takes this pretty easily.

I also like how you think that a 2x gap will save you from being shot by an 8-B bullet

Mmmm no, Ive both seen and read Stardust Crusaders and Hol does not inherently aim for vitals, he shoots so he can arc his bullets and attack from an unexpected angle.

Hol will have to shoot him dozens of times to get through his aura before Ironwood shoots him once

Having 8-B durabily, I'd assume, and being able to react to and dodge said bullet.

Also it's likely higher than a 2x gap. 2.4/3x is more accurate.

... at vital spots. Not like Ironwood can take multiple bullets to any part of his body.

Hol can actually do that, seeing Emporer's rate of fire and the fact it doesn't consume ammo.

Ironwood doesn't one-shot though. His aim with his pistol is pretty crap, too.

8-B durability means nothing against an 8-B piercing attack

Actually yes he can as half of his body is mechanical.

Piercing attacks my guy. Yes he would oneshot as Hol isnt durable enough to tank an 8-B bullet through the skull.

>His aim with his pistol is crap

So...you havent watched ANY scene with ironwood. Good to know.

Avoid the bullet, not the explosion that it causes

Not with his aura up he doesnt

Yes against someone with higher dura as his dura isnt 5x which is the minimum requirement for attacks to be consisdered 'non-damaging' on this site. if you think otherwise makr a CRt but if you dont then stop arguing this point as youre wrong.

Look at this crappy precision trickshooting

Avoiding the bullet would cause it to fly behind him and cause an explosion that would be too far away to harm him.

His aura gets shattered by three or four bullets.

Not saying it's "non-damaging", but at with a dura that's 2.5-3x greater than Ironwood it will do a hell of a lot less damage. Please stop adding stuff to my arguments for the sake of making them look incorrect.

I'm talking numbers. He fires six or seven bullets and misses three. That's pretty terrible going by aiming standards.

If he sees his opponent trying to dodge he'd shoot at the ground to knock him off balance like he's shown to do in the clips i showed.

His aura would take almost a dozen bullets before going down my dude. It seems you really like underestimating how durable aura actually is.

Its a piercing attack, he'd need 5x durability in order for it to do less damage, anything less than 5x is going to still damage him and one shot to the head will kill Hol.

Where did he miss in that scene?

Hol Horse would just move out of the way in that case as well. Ironwood can't do that, given that Hol Horse's bullets track.

You're really overplaying the strength of Aura. It won't take "dozens of attacks" 2-3x stronger than its own durability. At best it would shatter after half of that.

Interesting. You went from "5x more to take no damage" to "5x more to take less damage". I'd also love some evidence for that claim.

When it started moving towards him, he fired three consecutive shots that didn't hit.

The 8-B feat everyone scales to was determined to be simultaneously illegitimate, vague, and a likely outlier as both Jonathan and Dio acknowledged that it would kill them

Hol Horse FRA.

WeeklyBattles said:
The 8-B feat everyone scales to was determined to be simultaneously illegitimate, vague, and a likely outlier as both Jonathan and Dio acknowledged that it would kill them
Illegit-explain Vague- litterally seen on screen/panel Outlier- except that Dio DID live it? So no?

@Chartate Take it to the CRT.

Don't worry, Weekly, we'll just have them fight the High 8-C RWBY characters instead

Until then,

The Intact Bronco: 6 (Dargoo, Chartate, MisterK, Dragon, Glassman, Agnaa)

Illegitimate - We dont see Dio or Jonathan actually tank it nor do we know how they survive and there are so many holes in the scene you could mistake it for a block of swiss cheese

Vague - See above answer

Outlier - Both Dio and Jonathan acknowledge that it would have killed them and its far above any other feat in the series with characters consistently being taken out by far less

Back