• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hollow Knight revision and additions

Alright so first thing's first let's get rid of that ridiculous FTL speed rating. This would be for both The Knight an Hornet (Hollow Knight). As seen here (1:45) the Radiance's light based attacks have a moment of non-damageing buildup before the real attack hits. These beams of light still appear instantly and are only dodgable because of said buildup. All light based attack work this way. As far as I can tell no new rating should be added, just FTL reactions removed.

That aside we also need to add in all The Knight's charms and the related abilities. They are as follows. Here's a link to the charms page on the Hollow Knight wiki.

• Wayward Compass - The charm whispers the Knight's location to it on the map
  • Gathering Swarm - Summoning. A swarm of small flys are summoned to gather fallen geo, the games currency.
  • Stalwart Shell - Possibly Statistics Amplification. Increases the amount of frames the Knight stays invulnerable. (Note: A bunch of these will be Stat Amps)
  • Soul Catcher and Soul Eater - Statistics Amplification The Knight gains Soul when striking enemies and these charms increase the amount gained.
  • Shaman Stone - Statistics Amplification. This one just increases the damage dealt with spells.
  • Dashmaster - Possibly Statistics Amplification. With this one the Knight can dash more often.
  • Thorns of Agony - Plant Manipulation. When damaged, this charm creates thorny vines to counter attack.
  • Fury of the Fallen - Statistics Amplification. Increases damage when the Knight is low on health.
  • Fragile and Unbreakable Heart - Statistics Amplification. They give the Knight more health.
  • Fargile and Unbreakable Greed - Possibly Supernatural Luck. The Knight finds more geo with this charm equiped.
  • Fragile and Unbreakable Strength - Statistics Amplification. Pretty basic damage boost for the nail.
  • Spell Twister - Soul Manipulation I guess? It reduces the soul cost for spells.
  • Steady Body - Possibly also Statistics Amplification. Stops the Knight from recoiling from his own attacks.
  • Heavy Blow - Statistics Amplification. Nail damage boost.
  • Quick Slash - Statistics Amplification. Increases Nail attack speed.
  • Longnail and Mark of Pride - Dunno what this counts as, but it increases his reach with the nail.
  • Baldur Shell - Forcefield Creation. Forms a forcefield when the Knight heals.
  • Flukenest - Summoning. Changes his Vengeful Spirit spell into a blast of volatile baby flukes, little worm creatures that attack his enemies.
  • Defenders Crest - Poison Manipulation. Make the Knight smell like literal shit and damages enemies that get too close.
  • Glowing Womb - Summoning/Transmutation. Converts Soul into little kamakazi flys that attack enemies. They also smell and explode of the Knight has the Defenders crest equiped as well
  • Quick Focus and Deep Focus - Both cause the Knight to heal better.
  • Lifeblood Heart, Lifeblood Core and Joni's Blessing - Biological Manipulation I guess? All of them give the Knight a coating of Lifeblood which increases his health.
  • Grubsong - Soul Manipulation. With this charm the Knight gains soul when taking damage.
  • Gubberfly's Elegy - Energy Projection. At full health the Knight can do the Zelda thing.
  • Hiveblood - Basic Regenerationn.
  • Spore Shroom - Poison Manipulation and Fungus Manipulation. When healing the Knight emits a spore cloud that damages enemies that enter it.
  • Sharp Shadow - Statistics Amplification. Causes the Shadow Dash to damage enemies.
  • Shape of Unn - Very Limited Transformation. Turns the Knight into a slug while healing.
  • Nailmaster's Glory - I guess Weapon Mastery/Statistics Amplification. Allows the Knight to use Nail Arts faster.
  • Dream Wielder - Makes the Knight faster with the Dream Nail which let's him Read minds, enter dreams, damage ghosts, create Dream Gates (which are Teleportation inside dreams) and take soul from living enemies.
  • Kingsoul - Contains a limitless amount of soul the Knight can absorb.
  • Void Heart - Void Manipulation. Unifies the void under the bearer's will.
  • Dreamshield - Forcefield Creation. Conjures a shield that floats around the knight.
  • Weaversong - Summoning. Summons little spider things that attack enemies.
  • Sprintmaster - Statistics Amplification. Makes the Knight walk faster.
  • Carefree Melody - Limited Damage Negation. Contains a song of protection that may defend the bearer from damage.
  • Grimmchild - Summoning and Limited Fire Manipulation. The Grimmchild can absorb flame from the Grimmkin.
Well, that's all the charms. The Knight should also have Weapon Mastery of Nails, Healing with Focus and True Flight. The Lumenfly Lantern should also be included in his standard equipment.

That should be about everything.

Map, hunters journal and tram pass aren't combat applicable so I dunno why you would want that on his profile. Rest I agree with, except doesn't the knight dodge literal lasers from the crystal guardians as well? I doubt this qualifies for FTL combat speed though.

I just added them for compleation sake. They'er not nessasary.

Crystal Guardian lasers work exactly the same as the Radiance's light beams. None damaging tracer beam, then actual attack, neither of which the Knight can dodge alone.

I agree with removing the FTL since the Knight gets a tracer beam to aid in their dodge with. Too bad we can't use the modded bosses.

If I don't mention an ability I think it's fine. Charms should be optional equipment, besides the Void Heart.

Wayward Compass: I don't think this is really clairvoyance, unless we count a GPS as such.

Soul charms: Soul manip as an ability should apply to base Knight, since these charms just boost it.

Health increase charms are stat amps, amping durability.

I think the Baldur Shell is just a regular shield, but regular shields and forcefields are generally the same in all but semantics anyways

Flukenest isn't transmutation, it's just a different spell. It doesn't first cast then transmute into the worms as it flies.

Lifeblood is probably some form of life manip.

Invunerablity frames are probably game mechanics unless they have some kind of lore value.

Wokistan said:
I agree with removing the FTL since the Knight gets a tracer beam to aid in their dodge with.
Well that's my main goal accomplished. Good night everybody

Wokistan said:
Lifeblood is probably some form of life manip.
I would disagree mostly because Lifeblood has a very physical presence in the world. Descriptions even state that Lifeblood covers te carapace and strengthen it. So maybe stat amp, but over all I get a very Biological feel from the Lifeblood charms.

So to quickly summerize and taking into account Wokistan's sugestions, which I mostly agree with, FTL reactions and combat speed are to be removed because the Knight isn't actually dry dodging light, but reacting to tracer beams and added abilities are as follows:

The Knight also has some slightly wrong abilities that need to be removed or changed. Those are:

The Dream Nail should grant the Knight the following:

Geez, for a summery this is still pretty long.

Also @Wokistan, would charms as optional equipment mean he'd need prep time to have them equipped?

Alsoalso HYPE FOR SILKSONG!!!!!!!

Optional equipment the OP of a thread needs to specify, or they need prep.

I didn't know we did that. I thought it was assumed character had all abilities granted by what ever equipment they get in game/media.

We didn't have it until like a few days ago, I made a page for standard equipment.

Also, crystal heart as well counts as a form of Flight, given that The Knight is airborne as they perform it.

Go ahead

Flight's also fine, via crystal heart

Back