• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Homer Simpson vs Wolf (Sekiro) - Grace

Last time I checked Homer has the crappy version of mid Regenerationn (can still die from decapitation but not brain damage), so Wolf uses his vastly superior skill and stealth to cut Homer's head off before he even knew what hit him. If Homer somehow survives, Wolf could just chop Homer into pieces.

Does Wolf have the AP to literally decap in one blow though? If he does then yeah, point stands but that he'd have to have a decent AP advantage to do that.

Then again, what tools does he have in this? A handful are kinda broken and would net him a win even if the former aint true to an extent.

Iirc Wolf is prolly 1.2 tons, Homer is above 3 I believe. That said Homer can certainly win via anything that results in KO, Incap or generally disarming him so pressure points can disable Wolf

Well I dont think decap is an option then, it'll cut him but not clean through the neck.

Wolf can death blow people that can effortlessly one shot him. Homer is going to be decapitated if Wolf goes for it.

I mean, if Wolf's AP is less than 3x Homer's, he aint one shotting. If he is then clearly his AP aint only 1.33 tons. What's the feat Wolf is scaling off of? Is it a boss feat? Or like a casual bit feat, if the latter I can see Wolf maybe ohkoing but if it aint, it aint gonna be enough to straight up instakill.

No I mean there is a boss in the game Wolf can't even scratch normally, he cut straight through the boss via a death blow: He can decapitate Homer via going for a death blow. Plus a barely 2 times advantage isn't enough to make it impossible to decapitate, at worst it would make it kinda hard.

Depends what boss and what point of the game. This early game Sekiro is it not? I've beaten the game but tbh I'm having issue pinpoiting the boss that youre talking about, the divine dragon?

A 2x advantage is an issue though, otherwise Sekiro wouldnt be even fighting half the bosses, he'd be one shotting em, even if theyre comparable to Sekiro, that only means he can stealth blow characters comparable not almost 3x him.

Also checking the calcs and justification, his building tier comes from Genichiro utilzing tomoe's way, which is definitely not casual, in fact both completely floor each other. tbh if that's the justification then Sekiro aint exactly oneshotting 1.3 ton characters casually, when the 1.3 ton justification is basically the next best thing compared to a death blow at that point in the game.

Unless you mean the Serpent thing? That's 8-B Sekiro, he isnt one shotting a character who can tank his blows, he's just strong enough to land a death blow at that point in the game.

Do note I think Sekiro takes this probably but I dont think he's just gonna casually decap in this tier given the feat and justification.

He doesn't need to causally decapitate Homer. Also my phone is super close to dying so I'll explain the boss I was thinking of once I charge it (I'm riding back from out of state right now so it'll take 30 minutes at least).

When it comes to the Death Blows I was thinking of the armored warrior. You do zero damage to him as your sword just bounces (or more scrapes against) his armor. Yet when you do a death blow you stab straight through the armor.

Also death blows don't change though the game as far as I'm aware so he still be able to easily cut Homer's head off. The ap/durability advantage is much closer to 2 times than it is 3 times and Wolf's death blow doesn't need to completely obliterated people comparable to him to slice through one of the weaker parts of the body.

Except that's a puncture wound, on plate armor, aka the weakness of plate armor and why spears and lances were used historically opposed to blades in wars. Slashing is completely ineffective against the armored warrior, probably for the reason above and probably why Sekiro punctures the armor opposed to cutting it. Also Sekiro has to but all his weight and leverage into the stab as well, it isnt a stealth death blow.

They vary depending on the enemy, drastically even.

And as said, the Sekiro being used is 1+ ton, at his best basically, given he's scaling off the lightning used in Tomoe's way, Homer is basically 3x that of Tomoe's way (actually, if what's said above is true, it actually is closer to 3x then 2x), to say that Sekiro's death blows would be able to decap Homer is pushing it. Harm yeah, cut yeah, even deep wounds probably, but straight up decap? Given the scaling, I doubt it. Given iirc Homer's scaling is a bit casual, could be wrong on thatthough.

I don't think his 3 tons is causal, but he is casually 8-C+ in general. Isn't lightning 1.3 tons, or is it straight up 1 ton.

A straight jab isn't the weakness of plate armor; half swording wouldn't have been used if straight jabs were effective. Spears also did practically nothing to armor and lances are vastly different as they usually revolves around using a horse to drastically increase the impact.

Wolf literally goes from scraping the armor to stabbing straight through it, and the neck is one of the weakest parts of your entire body.

Homer backwards scales from Large Building which is where he gets it as well. The Bradley fighting vehicular is no longer his peak feat. It would be the car vap feat. Which is 2.764054013446223923 tons of tnt.

Homers regen comes from his entire bottom body being flattened entirely, His skull being crushed, and one episode shows he can have his brain taken out from his head and operate perfectly fine. His brain is its own conscious compared to homer from the looks

Also. Homers senses are Way Way to potent for stealth do matter. He has heard talking from across Springfield multiple times in the show. Hi zooming his eyes, hearing a saxophone from thousands of meters away. Ect. Stealth means very little

Btw what's the skill here between these 2? Iirc Homer is pretty skilled but Wolf can take on a guy who can take armies right?

No idea what wolfs skill is. But homers trained as a mayor body guard, security guard, military, navy, boxing, martial arts iirc, and probably a lot more than I'm not recalling,

Wolf scales to someone who solos armies of people that are comparable to them. Like the army is stated to be a complete non issue because that guy will just stomp it through skill. Wolf is slightly superior to them.

As for Homer's senses: I want to say Wolf has the stealth required to get past them, but hearing a conversation from all the way across a city is stupidly good. I don't think Homer would be able to see Wolf but he could probably hear him.

Ok so his Regenerationn is the good kind of Mid. Then this comes down to Wolf trying to slash Homer to pieces or if the Mortal Blade can effect Homer's Regenerationn. Homer's regen is gonna be a b*tch to deal with but Wolf could slowly slice Homer up, unless Homer's regen is stupidly fast, but I remember it being slightly slow. Completely usable mind you, but still a little slow. Also the Mortal Blade may just say screw you to Homer's regen, but I'm not sure.

Homer is 100% no where near as skilled as Wolf and Wolf has a much better equipment to attack Homer with but that Regenerationn is gonna be a giant pain.

Also should take In note if it's in character for him to cut homer down past his regen the first time. Cause if he kills homer, but in a way his body can kill. Homer can resurrect and heal. Which gives him a surprise.

What exact level of joules does he scale to btw? Wolf, not homer

Wolf can also resurrect so even if he somehow did get surprised Wolf would just resurrect and realize that his opponent is a lot more durable than he originally thought.

I'll look up the joules real quick.

On the lightning feats page it says 1.6 billion joules, but that doesn't sound right. I know it's around 1.5 tons; at worst it's slightly above 1 ton and at best it's below 1.8 tons.

So no matter what. Homer should be a bit stronger and tougher at least. backscaling from over 2.7 tons of TNT. But not a notably high amount. I'm gonna look at their pages real quick to make sure of everything before I vote

I see an issue, Homer starting to well ranged. With multiple pistols at his disposal. And immensely high training. His senses being way to high for him not to be able to keep track where the guy is. It's gonna be really hard to get close enough to use his sword to cut homer down. And then add in the fact if he doesn't kill him the correct way, homer gets back up and shoots him in the back as a surprise. (Iirc, he has been surprised by lesser things). Homers definitely way less skilled. But his range weaponry, regen, resurrection, and surprise advantage may make it immensely difficult. I don't know. I don't doubt for a second Wolf can put him down. And when up close. He skills homer pretty well. But I don't think it's in character for him to put homer in such a state he could regen (the first time around), assuming he can even get that close. Cause I doubt think his range stuff is enough to kill homer or even come very close.

Wolf can deflect bullets and if speed is equalized then he's just going to reflect Homer's bullets. Wolf has also been trained by someone vastly better than anyone that trained Homer so Homer's training definitely isn't a notable advantage or even an advantage at all.

Also he only surprises Wolf possibly once and then can never surprise him again because Homer doesn't know he can resurrect. Plus Wolf could also surprise Homer in the same way and Homer's resurrect auto fails due to the Mortal Blade. I would argue that the Mortal Blade should just ignore Homer's regen and kill him anyways but it really doesn't matter since Wolf could eventually just slice up Homer enough to where his Regenerationn just doesn't cover it.

Just want to say that I'm driving to a friends house for the New Years so I'm not going to be able to respond for thirty minutes or so.

At a long enough distance sure. But once he is close enough. He may be in range for his ranged attacks, but he couldn't really get up close close and be able to dodge the bullets. Are there guns in Sekiro die twice btw?

Homer know she can resurrect. He has done it on force command at least twice. The one linked he does it sort on command. But other times he has forcibly pushed himself back into his body. That blade only negates it if homer tries to pull out the sword. At least from what I'm understanding and reading. But he could slice him up like that yes. But he likely wouldn't do it it the first time. Which would lead him to turn his back (to leave) after the logical assumption he is dead. And get attacks from behind. And that's again. Assuming he can get that up close. From hundreds of meters away. Sure. Him deflecting bullets sounds fair. But if he is trying to get close enough to use a sword, he isn't fast enough to dodge there.

Yes there are guns in Sekiro. There are muskets and Wolf reflects the bullets inches away from the barrel; that's where his first key even gets its speed rating.

How does Homer know Wolf can resurrect? The blade doesn't only work if you unseathe it, I have no clue why the profile words it like that, it also works when it stabs people.

Ok now I'm going.

tbh I completely forgot about the Mortal Blade. If Seki has that then it's a low-diff match.

I wouldn't say low. Since he still has to cover hundreds of meters with a guy who has several pistols and a lot of training. But if the sword works like that. He wouldn't have any trouble up close.

But definitely should get a CRT to change that saying on his sword. Cause what's written down is massively different to what it apparently does by what y'all said

Buttersamuri said:
But definitely should get a CRT to change that saying on his sword. Cause what's written down is massively different to what it apparently does by what y'all said
What do you mean exactly?

His sword says that it only negates regen and such if someone tries to take it out, but according above. It works by stabbing someone with it too

Well it technically aint wrong, if someone does take the sword out it induces death, it just also negates thing like healing resurrection upon landing a death blow. The way it's worded is just very misleading, wouldnt say we need a CRT, just someone to explain it a tad better.

Although I'll gotta double check something, I forget if the negation only applies to those infested or in general.

It doesn't seem worded in the way that suggest or implies that at all. I just say a CTR since that's a notable difference in meaning. But meh.

I don't think think that needs a crt, just a slight change on wording

"It also induces death to those who attempt to unsheathe it"

Back