• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Honkai: Star Rail Discussion Thread

The reasoning for sol projectile frfr
Justification for this is pretty weak I feel.

Regardless, it should be justified because it was also explicitly mentioned right here. "the Welkin Empire of Glamoth enjoyed a vast territory spanning tens of thousands of light-years, ambitiously setting its sight on the cosmos. At the height of the empire's power, Her Majesty Empress Titania built a magnificent fleet" & "Since then, the silver-white iron knights have traveled to and from the various star systems in the empire, crossing the devastated territories and fighting back against the calamity that wiped out the galaxy." They have showed feats beyond that which could basically reach MFTL+ either with the Astral Express or with a fleet like Xianzhou and the Galaxy Rangers or the Glamoth, so therefore it could be justified when they literally have IPC that does experiments on 113 galaxies just because of a Stellaron.
I don't see how any of this justifies the attack being SOL. The only thing it shows is that ships in Star Rail can move at MFTL+ and that's it. All of the examples here are with spacecraft, not the attack speed of weapons. Neither of those correlate to each other. Especially when we're shown that ships like the express travel via warp jumps.

And as for the other two
Not only that, it has been shown repeatedly multiple times like how the Trailblazer dodged this laser right here and Acheron dodging this laser right here.
Is there anything that states that they function like actual lasers or are similar to anything that moves at SOL, because otherwise, they seem more like regular energy blasts with unknown speed.

Unless you can fight more solid reasoning for SOL, this ain't it.

Didnt dhil also battled phantylia in his own trailer?
He did but imo how he preformed against her in the main story has priority. Which puts him and JY a below Phantylia they'd still be High 5-A regardless

Accelerated Development is insane when I'm just done calculating this
The reasoning for sol projectile frfr
I fear that Belabog arc key is staying Supersonic unless you can come up with better evidence for these beams being SoL

Last edited:
Justification for this is pretty weak I feel.

I don't see how any of this justifies the attack being SOL. The only thing it shows is that ships in Star Rail can move at MFTL+ and that's it. All of the examples here are with spacecraft, not the attack speed of weapons. Neither of those correlate to each other. Especially when we're shown that ships like the express travel via warp jumps.

And as for the other two

Is there anything that states that they function like actual lasers or are similar to anything that moves at SOL, because otherwise, they seem more like regular energy blasts with unknown speed.

Unless you can fight more solid reasoning for SOL, this ain't it.
So, how about this one then? Pretty sure from what I explained there I clearly implied about the IPC and the fact they tested 113 galaxies just to bypass stellaron's effects, it wouldn't make sense if a corporation like that isn't able to literally make SoL projectile.

And pretty much the current timeline for HSR is like 2158 AE and 1 AE is 76-240 trailblazer years (irl year)

So, 76 Ă— 2158 = 164,008 years which would be more advanced literally and we're not even talking about the things that happened before AE

This should be a good justification since they also show the characteristics of light itself (kinda?) even though there are no statements about it, I pretty much haven't seen the antifeat so this could be justified regardless.

So, how about this one then? Pretty sure from what I explained there I clearly implied about the IPC and the fact they tested 113 galaxies just to bypass stellaron's effects, it wouldn't make sense if a corporation like that isn't able to literally make SoL projectile.

And pretty much the current timeline for HSR is like 2158 AE and 1 AE is 76-240 trailblazer years (irl year)

So, 76 Ă— 2158 = 164,008 years which would be more advanced literally and we're not even talking about the things that happened before AE

This should be a good justification since they also show the characteristics of light itself (kinda?) even though there are no statements about it, I pretty much haven't seen the antifeat so this could be justified regardless.
That's not proof of the weapons being SOL, like sure, it's plausible, but at that point we'd just be assuming things without any solid info, especially when all of the FTL stuff is in relation to spacecraft and not weapons.

It's kinda awkward, Phantylia herself still scales fully, Imbibitor and JY can downscale off her since they're shown damaging her in cutscenes (by attacking her at her weakest though) everyone else who was there idk ngl
Aren't they all capable of holding their own against Phantylia in general?

That's not proof of the weapons being SOL, like sure, it's plausible, but at that point we'd just be assuming things without any solid info, especially when all of the FTL stuff is in relation to spacecraft and not weapons.
Well except it's stated here that "Additionally, if a series is very close to lightspeed or exceeds it in several other calcs and scenarios (such as what is seen in DBZ), there is less of a burden of proof to show that the laser is a true laser."

Anyways, did I ever mention that it's only related to spacecraft when shown here and here? It doesn't make sense at all if they wouldn't be SoL especially when this right here are shown to travel in straight lines & same speed

Well except it's stated here that "Additionally, if a series is very close to lightspeed or exceeds it in several other calcs and scenarios (such as what is seen in DBZ), there is less of a burden of proof to show that the laser is a true laser."
That's case by case. And all of the FTL feats apply to spacecraft

Anyways, did I ever mention that it's only related to spacecraft when shown here and here?
That's my point, all of your FTL examples are related to spacecraft, not weapons. Show me something FTL that's related to weaponry. Plus them travelling in a straight line isn't the only qualification either, especially when fiction shows that regular energy beams also move in straight line.

It doesn't make sense at all if they wouldn't be SoL especially when this right here are shown to travel in straight lines & same speed
Those are kafka's threads

That's case by case. And all of the FTL feats apply to spacecraft
No it's not, my argumentation is that the IPC also created this kind of weapon right here and given how civilized the IPC is and also Silver Wolf's Laser right here which should be on-par as the IPC because it's also mentioned that on her lore it's also as civilized
That's my point, all of your FTL examples are related to spacecraft, not weapons. Show me something FTL that's related to weaponry. Plus them travelling in a straight line isn't the only qualification either, especially when fiction shows that regular energy beams also move in straight line.
All the feats I gave you were nowhere close to spacecraft, the logic here is that if you can travel with like MFTL+ speed it also meant that you can create atleast SoL projectile and this is what has been shown with the IPC when they killed each other because of Kafka's Spirit Whisper, it wouldn't make sense if we give the projectile there rated as "Unknown" because there was no statements about it being SoL when they're like at the year 164,008. Insane to think for IPC that researches 113 galaxies and is probably involved in the galaxy war especially that Lord Ravager Zephyro that could incinerate an entire galaxy and The Propagation Incident etc and Glamoth, I don't see the reason why it shouldn't be SoL
Their speed is also constant btw, don't ignore that argument
Those are kafka's threads
No it's not, the IPC operatives shot each other because of Kafka's Spirit Whisper. The main point here is not the pink thread.

All the feats I gave you were nowhere close to spacecraft, the logic here is that if you can travel with like MFTL+ speed it also meant that you can create atleast SoL projectile and this is what has been shown with the IPC when they killed each other because of Kafka's Spirit Whisper, it wouldn't make sense if we give the projectile there rated as "Unknown" because there was no statements about it being SoL when they're like at the year 164,008. Insane to think for IPC that researches 113 galaxies and is probably involved in the galaxy war especially that Lord Ravager Zephyro that could incinerate an entire galaxy and The Propagation Incident etc and Glamoth, I don't see the reason why it shouldn't be SoL
Their speed is also constant btw, don't ignore that argument
Again, it's not implausible, but there should be more solid evidence for it other than assumptions. Without any actual statements or such, this is us using borderline headcanon.

Plus going off of the standards page, you're gonna need a lot more to fit the other criteria in order to prove it's lightspeed.

Hi guys, I came back after days of resting from this thread, my brain is now calmer and colder than before, I'm sorry for the bad atmosphere I left before, I promise I won't do anything childish again, but lets go back to the main topics
@Enryu_The_Red_Tower when to expect an aeon profiles?
I'll only post their profiles when you guys here help me to find out which Tier is more solid for the Aeons, since I am stuck between these options: 3-A, Low 2-C and 2-C

Hi guys, I came back after days of resting from this thread, my brain is now calmer and colder than before, I'm sorry for the bad atmosphere I left before, I promise I won't do anything childish again, but lets go back to the main topics

I'll only post their profiles when you guys here help me to find out which Tier is more solid for the Aeons, since I am stuck between these options: 3-A, Low 2-C and 2-C
Giv mi justifications (scans feats etc)for each tiers
Tho for 2-C idk how vsbw treats leaf worlds

Finished Penacony and it was pretty good, although the 3rd Act kinda drags (I hate Sunday with all my heart he loves yapping).
Something small I find amusing is how Dan Heng just participates in the final battle in base form for no reason. Like the entire way through, as if he just wasn't meant to outshine anyone or something.
The quest is super long so I may not remember this perfectly but I think Zephro has a statement on "glassing" an asteroid belt at some point, kinda cool I guess?

Finished Penacony and it was pretty good, although the 3rd Act kinda drags (I hate Sunday with all my heart he loves yapping).
Something small I find amusing is how Dan Heng just participates in the final battle in base form for no reason. Like the entire way through, as if he just wasn't meant to outshine anyone or something.
The quest is super long so I may not remember this perfectly but I think Zephro has a statement on "glassing" an asteroid belt at some point, kinda cool I guess?
base dan heng is now emanator lvl ig

Honkai Gakuen 2 version 11.2 will have a Collab
With Fate
I don't know it's F/Grand Order or F/Kaleid Liner, but it's one of them.
HG2 usually makes the events that happen with collabs canon, but idk if it'll have story.
HG2 profiles for Fate characters.
Imagine.

Again, it's not implausible, but there should be more solid evidence for it other than assumptions. Without any actual statements or such, this is us using borderline headcanon.
Except it wasn't borderline headcanon, it's stated on the page itself to be like this
"Additionally, if a series is very close to lightspeed or exceeds it in several other calcs and scenarios (such as what is seen in DBZ), there is less of a burden of proof to show that the laser is a true laser."
Plus going off of the standards page, you're gonna need a lot more to fit the other criteria in order to prove it's lightspeed.
Except I gave multiple criteria about it being lightspeed like how it travels in a straight line and how the speed is consistent.

Honkai Gakuen 2 version 11.2 will have a Collab
With Fate
I don't know it's F/Grand Order or F/Kaleid Liner, but it's one of them.
HG2 usually makes the events that happen with collabs canon, but idk if it'll have story.
HG2 profiles for Fate characters.
Imagine.
Me when tier 0 cosmology (scales from swirl of the root):

Except it wasn't borderline headcanon, it's stated on the page itself to be like this
"Additionally, if a series is very close to lightspeed or exceeds it in several other calcs and scenarios (such as what is seen in DBZ), there is less of a burden of proof to show that the laser is a true laser."

Except I gave multiple criteria about it being lightspeed like how it travels in a straight line and how the speed is consistent.
We should open the gap about the projectile speed not being sol when it was shown multiple times to atleast to be a "beam" and the current timeframe that HSR takes in

Not gonna lie, I might have to do Yukong's story quest tbh after years it was stated in the wiki itself to be like this

"Large fighter starskiffs are equipped with turrets that are operated by a gunner.[4]"

"Fighter starskiffs are generally used by the Cloud Knights air force. Large fighter starskiffs need to be operated in pairs. One pilot takes the helm, the other controls the turrets.[4]"

Given IPC's weapon that looks "similar" to a speed of light projectile and the fact starskiff were actually a weapon so yeah it could be a sol projectile, I wouldn't get why we still would rate this as "unknown" speed

Last edited:
Commenting specifically on this point, I don't think this applies for HSR, the highest feat HSR characters currently scale to is like 0.16c. The only character exceeding lightspeed (Excluding travel speed stuff) in the franchise is Finality Kiana (Maybe some Aeons or higher emanators too? I don't read the databank or the books)

And where the 0.16c feat is from in HI3 is where Gamma particle and light weapons are very relevant forms of attack
We do have a lot of MHS to Sub-Relativistic feats. Not Relativistic+ to FTL ones unless you make a bunch of assumptions regarding weapons and combat speeds. So standard burdens of proof are required.

Commenting specifically on this point, I don't think this applies for HSR, the highest feat HSR characters currently scale to is like 0.16c. The only character exceeding lightspeed (Excluding travel speed stuff) in the franchise is Finality Kiana (Maybe some Aeons or higher emanators too? I don't read the databank or the books)
iirc if you exclude travel speed then we have the attack speed from like the Aeon of Hunt that would be MFTL+ like 1 billion & 956 million c for the distance (62 light year divided by the speed of light plus we don't know the timeframe yet)
And where the 0.16c feat is from in HI3 is where Gamma particle and light weapons are very relevant forms of attack
We do have a lot of MHS to Sub-Relativistic feats. Not Relativistic+ to FTL ones unless you make a bunch of assumptions regarding weapons and combat speeds. So standard burdens of proof are required.
It also said "scenarios" tho but I get your point, I'd say relativistic one is the highest and the most safest then by now?

iirc if you exclude travel speed then we have the attack speed from like the Aeon of Hunt that would be MFTL+ like 1 billion & 956 million c (62 light year divided by the speed of light plus we don't know the timeframe yet)

It also said "scenarios" tho but I get your point, I'd say relativistic one is the highest and the most safest then by now?
Alright nevermind it was stated to be half a unit of system time so since system time follows irl time and one unit of time is 1 second
586565289299962600/0.5 = 3 billion 913 million c m/s, I think this is better.

iirc if you exclude travel speed then we have the attack speed from like the Aeon of Hunt that would be MFTL+ like 1 billion & 956 million c for the distance (62 light year divided by the speed of light plus we don't know the timeframe yet)
This is fair, Lan is an Aeon who is basically a chasm of power separated from emanators. Also quite a blatant feat.
I'd say relativistic one is the highest and the most safest then by now?
Rephrase that not sure what you mean. But Relativistic is indeed the highest the games are so far outside of god tiers (For HSR rn there is the Orbital canon which has 0.11c attack speed)

Travelling in a straight line isn't the only qualification you need. And the closest thing to lightspeed in this verse is Himeko's Relativistic, which is like bare above 0.11x SOL, the other is Sub Relativistic which scales to only Seele. Every other feat is either between Supersonic to Massively Hypersonic+. Near SOL feats aren't as consistent as you make it out to be.

Not gonna lie, I might have to do Yukong's story quest tbh after years it was stated in the wiki itself to be like this

"Large fighter starskiffs are equipped with turrets that are operated by a gunner.[4]"

"Fighter starskiffs are generally used by the Cloud Knights air force. Large fighter starskiffs need to be operated in pairs. One pilot takes the helm, the other controls the turrets.[4]"

Given IPC's weapon that looks "similar" to a speed of light projectile and the fact starskiff were actually a weapon so yeah it could be a sol projectile, I wouldn't get why we still would rate this as "unknown" speed
What about this statement even suggests lightspeed attack speed?

A character which most characters don't even scale to.

Last edited:

The DBZ thing would only apply to verses like Ninjago who has many calc based on Nindroid lasers who were proven to be lightspeed, so they would have less of a burden to prove how these lasers are lightspeed when used in calcs

Also, just travelling in a straight line isn't enough, you need to show that it can be refracted on metal, stated that its real light or that its lightspeed

So... anyone here with authority can change the verse's page name from Honkai Star Rail to Honkai: Star Rail? Because I forgot to add the ":" when I was creating the page and didn't noticed this until some days later... sorry for the inconvenience
They should also add supporters opponents and neutral (and speed on tb profile)

Back