• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hot vs Cold: Mordred vs Esdeath

Ignoring that, i actually did give my input to the actual match yet nobody seems to acknowledge that at least?

I was actually referring to Gar, Knight. Who either ignored me or didn't bother to read my comments closely...AGAIN.

Seriously, at least i bothered myself (keyword here, btw) to make an input of my own to here to say. So it should counted.

Edit: So that's like what, 5 for Esdeath or something right?

Why does everyone think Mordred sucks as a swordsman? She had the advantage against budget Siegfried and fought Artoria in life. Yeah her technique might be poor compared to literally the perfect knight or the guy that's basically invincible during the day. While yes Esdeath is superior in skill, Mordred's precog should close the gap.

Mordred is comparable to Artoria who parried blows from Heracles(who deflected a weakened Excalibur) so she should at least be around 300 megatons. So I think Mordred might have the ap advantage.

Mordred's armor and helmet is extremely durable, it made a "certain-kill" shot from Chiron, deflect and pierce her shoulder instead of piercing her heart and one shotting her. For reference Chiron shot down Atalanta's arrows that can wound Siegfried (the guy that turns mountain level attacks into scratches/light wounds). It let her survive a command seal boosted Noble Phantasm that could easily one shot other Servants. So I don't see her destroying Mordred's head/brain even during time stop. Not like Esdeath goes for the head anyway, she usually goes for the Heart IIRC. Which Mordred would survive because Battle Continuation. After Time Stop ends Mordred uses Clarent Blood Arthur and one shots.

But this is all assuming Mordred doesn't instantly use it at the start of the battle and one shot because she gets triggered by Esdeath's sadism/personality.

@Ramesses

You missed my point about the helmet, the helmet has gaps in front of the eyes, and those gaps can be exploited, with a time stop active and Mordred being somewhat close to Esdeath, Esdeath will have just enough time to get her between the eyes and kill her.

Also, Clarent Blood Arthur is not undodgeable, especially with Time Stop, and Esdeath is far from worthless without it.

Not to mention, Mordred is baseline, Esdeath one shotted a baseline. Unless you can show me where the 300 megatons is from.

No Mordred is not baseline. Where does that even come from? Heracles deflected a weakened Excalibur, which would be at least be comparable to the 90% of set light of Excalibur that did the 380 megaton feat.

Doesn't matter Time Stop is a one time deal for Esdeath. Not like Esdeath pulls it out early anyway, while Mordred would go Clarent really early, especially against Esdeath due to her personality. IIRC she goes for the heart during time stop away. Plus the rapier wouldn't even hurt Mordred.

She's scaled to Berzerkers A rank strength which was stated to destroy mountains. Plus, Berzerker and Arturia really don't have anything to do with Mordred since Arturia one shotted Mordred with Mordred getting a surprise attack on her.

Clarent would not reach her in time before that, its also kinda common sense to strike where an opponent can be struck and not around their armor, not to mention she only struck someone in the heart because she had to destroy their core, so it's not exactly in character for her to strike in the heart just from that.

Considering said Rapier has clashed with Teigu repeatedly and has never once broken or faltered, 90% sure that would be enough mystery to kill someone with a stab in the ******* eyes....

No they fought kind of equally before Artoria brought out Rhon and one shot her. Again Berserker deflected a weakened Excalibur which would make him 400 megatons. Artoria parried blows from him and Mordred fought her and is comparable in stats. So Mordred has the AP advantage and will kill Esdeath before time stop.

Battle Continuation let her survive Hydra Poison so a stab through her eye and brain shouldn't be a instant kill. Once Time Stop ends Mordred shoots her with a Clarent Blood Arthur. Also when has Esdeath ever used time stop to dodge a attack instead of trying to dodge/block it with her ice powers.

HOW?

Okay, I'll give you the AP, but again, how will she kill Esdeath before she stops time? She still needs to HIT Esdeath for it to work, Esdeath has only been tagged ONCE before she time stopped, and it's from her getting distracted fighting 100,000 men. With that not at Mordreds disposal, getting an attack on Esdeath is not going to be an easy task.

How does Hydra poison compare to having your brain bisected again?

Speed is equal and Mordred's precog should let her land some blows, and with her AP advantage one of them can be a fatal blow.

Btw the gaps in her armor might not be that big, since according to Apocrypha Materials her armor almost blocked out the poisoned air. So I don't think Esdeath's rapier will do much.

Speed being Equal makes it worse for her, because unless she has a weapon that Esdeath cannot under any circumstances dodge or react to, Esdeath can and will Time Stop. Even when a bullet from Mine was about to hit her, and she had zero idea where and when it came from, she reacted in time. So her not being able to Time Stop from a sword strike from an opponent she can see, and figh is, and I'm sorry, downplay.

The comparison between poison with an uncontrollable direction and a sword strike from a blade that's only two inches wide is big, unless said points are smaller then Mordreds own eyes which makes zero sense as to how she's even able to see let alone fight.

Not saying Esdeath can't time stop a sword strike. I'm saying that without going for time stop Esdeath is dying because she can't repel or dodge all her sword strikes especially given Mordred's precog.

It's stated that her armor almost completely blocked out the poison(which is basically all the air,magical energy in the throne room). Dunno her armor might block shit from her eyes with magical energy. But that's speculation. So I'll give you the stab her in the eye for a kill. But Battle Continuation would still let her survive for a bit, in that time Clarent Blood Arthur along with Precog means Esdeath dies.

Doubt Battle continuation would helps Mordred after having her brains screwed. And even if she did (which is unlikely), all she can do is to force draw result since she would die afterwards.

Not picking any sides but who says Esdeath would even go for the eye slots anyway? Or could? It's never shown to be a weakness in the show nor can we assume Esdeath would think it's a weakness. It looks like it could be a weakness to US from a design standpoint but it's never exploited in the show so why would it be here?

And the moment she runs into a strike she can't dodge or Repel she stops time, Esdeath is far from an idiot and her reaction to attacks that are bound to hit her is incredibly good.

Even assuming Battle Continuation would.

1. Allow her to live after having her eye impaled after having her brain bisected

2. Allow her to still be strong enough to fight and beat Esdeath despite randomly suffering intense pain from her eye out of nowhere, said eye being completely blind thus hindering her vision to a massive degree, instead of being out fought by Esdeath afterwards.

She still dies later due to her blood gushing from the wound, thus making it inconclusive.

Both of these, are stretching to an incredible degree.

@Gojira

After seeing her opponent is covered with nothing but metal all over her body, it's common sense for anyone to aim for eye-slots since those are the ONLY opening they could find from an enemy that wears fullbody armor.

No offense, but your question is just plain silly. Esdeath is a military General for F*** sake.

Okay she's a military general. So what? She's gone up against seasoned warriors similar to Esdeath before that haven't used her "eye slot weakness" against her.

Gojira1234 said:
Not picking any sides but who says Esdeath would even go for the eye slots anyway? Or could? It's never shown to be a weakness in the show nor can we assume Esdeath would think it's a weakness. It looks like it could be a weakness to US from a design standpoint but it's never exploited in the show so why would it be here?
Common sense. A person is completely covered in armor, stabbing her in the eyes is the only way to damage them, and it instantly kills them.

She's not going to stab her where it isn't going to hurt.

Mordred already had her left eye stop working from hydra venom and most of her insides were in the process of getting destroyed by Hydra Venom. So I don't see how it's stretching to say she would be able to fight.

If that's true then why didn't she do that against Tatsumi in his armour?

Gojira1234 said:
Okay she's a military general. So what? She's gone up against seasoned warriors similar to Esdeath before that haven't used her "eye slot weakness" against her.
Can any of those warriors stop Time? Can they actually do so?

@Gargoyle, minor detail and I'm sorry for nitpicking but I don't think intense pain will do anything to hinder Mordred. Mordred went up against budget Siegfried and used CBA, and CBA makes Mordred feel excruciating pain. Yet she fought budget Siegfried without hesitation or any sign of hinderance whatsoever.

@Gargoyle stopping time has nothing to do with this. My problem lies with y'all assuming there's an exploitable weakness that's never been shown to be exploitable.

Ramesses the Sun King said:
Mordred already had her left eye stop working from hydra venom and most of her insides were in the process of getting destroyed by Hydra Venom. So I don't see how it's stretching to say she would be able to fight.

If that's true then why didn't she do that against Tatsumi in his armour?
....Because she wasn't trying to kill him? ? You're also forgetting Tatsumi himself is incredibly skilled, has precognition and Esdeath didn't have her time Stop when she fought Tats, she used it against Mine.

Also Tatsumi eyes were covered, without Time Stop and him being skilled, that's a big difference

Again why would Esdeath even go for her eyes? Against Tatsumi she didn't do that. Esdeath doesn't know how strong Mordred is so why would she go for her eyes instead of the heart? Or any other place.

Hydra Venom was pretty much destroying her insides and her brain was also getting affected as her left eye and was not functioning properly.

Gojira1234 said:
@Gargoyle stopping time has nothing to do with this. My problem lies with y'all assuming there's an exploitable weakness that's never been shown to be exploitable.
Are you kidding me? Sorry, it doesn't work like that, if said weakness hasn't been applied, we don't assume it can't be, by this logic, Tatsumi can heal his limbs because he's never shown he can't.

ThisIsMySwagPack said:
Small nitpicking, but being a military general has nothing to do with your personal skill as a warrior.
^^THIS^

I agree with this for Esdeath

I could say that Esdeath has two very exploitable weaknesses because she doesn't even wear any armor at all. But I don't, because they're never shown to be a weakness in the first place. So why does your argument make more sense than mine? It doesn't.

Ramesses the Sun King said:
Again why would Esdeath even go for her eyes? Against Tatsumi she didn't do that. Esdeath doesn't know how strong Mordred is so why would she go for her eyes instead of the heart? Or any other place.

Hydra Venom was pretty much destroying her insides and her brain was also getting affected as her left eye and was not functioning properly.
<Also has precognition

<Is also very skilled,

<She didn't have her time Stop

<She states multiple times she wasn't trying to kill him.

<I already said ALL of this.

She also died afterwards, and would have lost without her master, so there goes that.

Back