• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

HOTD Minor Zombie Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Why would it be street level exactly? Wouldn't we want some actual calcs/values for these ratings?

Well, I don't think our reference to common feats page has a calc for ripping peoples limbs off but crushing a skull is 9-C but ripping of a head is Class 1 to 5 last time I checked but I'm not sure if ripping an arm of is the same as ripping a head off.

I'd prefer calc members give their thoughts on what it should be.

Well, I don't think our reference to common feats page has a calc for ripping peoples limbs off but crushing a skull is 9-C but ripping of a head is Class 1 to 5 last time I checked but I'm not sure if ripping an arm of is the same as ripping a head off.

I'd prefer calc members give their thoughts on what it should be.
Biting through troats is considered 9-C

That entire justification is odd, to say the least.
  • "The zombies can rip apart limbs"; The one of "Them" being referenced is only shown with an arm in "their" mouth, rather than tearing the arm off.
  • "highly trained humans"; Hisashi is a black belt—a largely skilled-based achievement—in karate, but he is, additionally, only 17 years old. And, he was never injured by Wakisaka beyond being bitten, from is nothing like having a limb ripped apart. And, like, Wakisaka was actively being restrained, bare-handed, by Hisashi.
  • They can shatter glass with relative ease; This is a supplementary feat, at best.

Actually, I don't believe "Them" are ever described as extra strong or anything; Saeko can easily shove "Them" away with one hand, "they" go down instantly to baseball bats to the head, and they don't have any noteworthy feats. Might be hysterical strength?

Actually, I don't believe "Them" are ever described as extra strong or anything; Saeko can easily shove "Them" away with one hand, "they" go down instantly to baseball bats to the head, and they don't have any noteworthy feats. Might be hysterical strength?
So, what do you propose? Tier 9-C seems consistent to me.

Last edited:
Also, I want to propose upgrading the Zombie's LS since they can lift half of a human with their mouths.
Realistically, half of the thorax, the head, and one arm is ~21.67% of a female's total body weight (171 lbs)—not even taking into account that majority of her entrails are next to hollowed out and are collapsing from out of her body—which is about 25.35 lbs, or 11.4851 kg (Below Average Human).

The baseline of Average Human is described as "The weight of an adult human, or a large dog."

Breaking bones, at the very least, varies from 9-C to 9-C+ and is valid as far as feats for the tier go. These values can be found on our References for Common Feats page, and would surely cover a baseline of "ripping a human apart".

I don't know where Class 1 is sourced from, however.

Breaking bones, at the very least, varies from 9-C to 9-C+ and is valid as far as feats for the tier go. These values can be found on our References for Common Feats page, and would surely cover a baseline of "ripping a human apart".

I don't know where Class 1 is sourced from, however.
In the scan, there is a zombie with the thorax of a girl; her legs are on the ground.

Shouldn't Class 1 LS be warranted by zombies tearing apart humans? Or at least Peak Human by overpowering athletic humans with ease?

Do you have the source of the 13th picture? I mean, the manga chapter where it occurs?

Also, I got it. Maybe these zombies have little strength compared to other zombies, but I remember a guy hitting a zombie with a bat without results in the same manga. So I think the strength of the humans holding the bats and broomsticks is a factor here too.

In the scan, there is a zombie with the thorax of a girl; her legs are on the ground.

Shouldn't Class 1 LS be warranted by zombies tearing apart humans? Or at least Peak Human by overpowering athletic humans with ease?
Cutting off limbs wouldn't inherently be LS, although I can probably acquiesce to "at least Athletic Human", failing a feat of matching a peak human.

Since it has been more than two days since this thread was accepted, I proceeded to make the updates.

This can be closed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back