• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ice Queen vs Ant King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also consider Meruem being an absolute genius. With his intellect making a strategy against Esdeath's abilities (no time stop) is a cup of tea. He is far more skilled than Esdeath in close quarter combat (hell, he defeated Netero who is the greatest martial artist in HXH verse). Time stop is likely her only wincon.

That's quite possibly her only win condition. She will decide to start with CQC or ranged fighting (Why wouldn't she? Of course she is not stupid but that's her character). Later of course she will be forced to use time-stop because she would be heavily overwhelmed by him. But I don't think Esdeath would abandon chance of having fun with Meruem, after feeling his immensely powerful aura (Knuckle just by feeling his casual En felt like it would take entire fully armored military forces to even stand a chance against him, and he was very, very far from Meruem. He just seen that aura, not felt). Main reason why she didn't start with time stop against Su-san and Akame. If she gets to know who Meruem is, she would love to see his abilities in combat. That's his chance. And Meruem knows about Mahapadma, because of full knowledge. Meruem is tactical beast even without knowledge (he had no knowledge on Netero and after some hits he fully knew his attack pattern). Also Esdeath stabbing his heart... Idk if that would instantly finish him off. He is going to die either way because of poison.

She's not going to start with either when she has full knowledge of her opponent especially when she knows Meruem is stronger in every way and can kill her with a thought.

In character hardly matters in Full knowledge fights

I know that it hardly matters, but still, every fight she's been in she was playing around at first. Of course if her opponent is interesting. If she's not starting with time stop it would be hard to even touch him, due to Nen speed/power amps.

Prior knowledge would be better if Esdeath really starts with time stop, but I'm not the OP so gotta stick to the rules

Well except for when she was fighting an entire army. Twice. And her final battle against Akame and Tatsumi.

Esdeath doesn't start with time Stop, but against an opponent who can kill her with a thought through teleport (Which, you say he will lead with, even though he never has) that changes

Schnee One said:
Well except for when she was fighting an entire army. Twice. And her final battle against Akame and Tatsumi.
Esdeath doesn't start with time Stop, but against an opponent who can kill her with a thought (Which, you say he will lead with, even though he never has) that changes
Wait, where? Did I mention Nen Crush?!

Yeah, she was fighting entire army twice. But I think Knuckle meant entire military power of the world they live in. Hunter x Hunter takes place around our times, because they got TV, skyscrapers etc. So, yeah. And that was just casual En to find intruders in his castle.

(EDIT: Understood you wrong way, sorry)

About 15 seconds

Though, considering their both massively hypersonic, a second to us is like a minute to them.

And, I also didn't know that Meruem had teleportation. That is new to me, but okay. What's the limitation there?

It is a bit of a maybe more or less, because it could be teleport or him.just moving stupidly fast with his new power.

Regardless, the idea is that he turns his Nen into photon-like particles that he can spread out or shoot all over with his En. When they make contact with someone he gets information on them, and from the way it is shown it would seem he can instantly teleport by their side too.

Meruem's En was stated to move at the speed of light. He went to Knuckle and Meleoron's location the literal instant they registered on his En. If that's pure speed, he'd be relativistic.

Nah, she's not getting paralyzed. She drank entire chalice of Teigu blood that drove people insane after one cup, but she laughed it off like it was a joke.

Death hax works though.

If it was speed Meruem would be AT LEAST Relativistic because that moment was instanteous. That he got past so many walls and people without harming then with his speed. That's not Massively Hypersonic movwement for sure.

SpookyShadow said:
Nah, she's not getting paralyzed. She drank entire chalice of Teigu blood that drove people insane after one cup, but she laughed it off like it was a joke.
Death hax works though.
But that's resistance to madness manipulation, no? Not paralysis inducement?

Not sure how many seconds would be instant but shouldn't you start a CRT since his speed isn't rated that high currently. Meruem was probably something like 300 meters away from them, even making it to them in half a second, in a straight line would be a slower rating than he currently has.

Death hax is the only Nen passive that will work on her

I'm not saying that Es is going to screw around with full knowledge but she will definitely try to fight for some time. I just can't see her starting with time stop IC.

Also I feel like Chimera Ants should have Immortality type 2. Even fodder ones can survive with their necks being fully snapped and all limbs cut off.

SpookyShadow said:
That was first thing he done after sensing Knuckle and Meleoro
^This

And if he has knowledge that she can stop time he'll definetly start with it. He teleports, wails on her preventing her from using her time stop, (not to mention that she'll probably be ******* around this fight and she probably won't start with it while Meruem isnt gonna **** around ESPECIALLY not Post-Rose Meruem,) and kills her with death hax. MAYBE he could even knock her out with pressure point shenanagins but don't qoute me on that.

Edit: Going over her profile again I think meruem can fear and madness hax her since the only feat of resistance she has is resisting the Demon's Extract which can what? Make a normal human go insane? Like thats much of a feat. Meruem can scare the shit out of a seasoned, veteren, hunter whos been alive for 110 years at least, and who has faced all kinds of malicous auras, just by getting a little annoyed.

Another Edit: He could also range spam with his rage blast. I did see the arguement that she would block it with ice but IDK how shes doing that with intangible nen attacks.

ANOTHER Edit: Also Meruem is like way more intelligent and he also outranges her. This is also a little iffy but it also seems like he has more durability and AP kinda, maybe? I mean it says shes small city level likely higher but on Meruems profile it straight up says City level? I mean hes 18 megatons atleast and it only says shes capable of causing serious harm to Budo. I dont know what that would mean but to me it seems like he has an AP and dura advantage even if its small it still just add on to it.

https://********.org/chapter/350387/13

https://********.org/chapter/350387/14

SpookyShadow said:
Also I feel like Chimera Ants should have Immortality type 2. Even fodder ones can survive with their necks being fully snapped and all limbs cut off.
You should make a CRT. That is kinda true and makes sense to me.

Naaah, Esdeath is not ******* around. It's full knowledge. But she's definitely going to try fighting him with time stop as a trump card.

But Meruem... is always taking fights seriously. He never dicks around or underestimate someone even a bit.

Full knowledge means that she knows -

She can't get close to Meruem by any means

Rage Blast

Teleporation

His fighting and defensive abilities, surpassing her own

While she knows of his abilities, it doesn't mean she can counter them. With Meruem's extreme intellect and having full knowledge on her, too he will try to quickly end this fight. I thought of Meruem giving her mercy because of his compassion for humans after being nuked, but I hardly see this in full knowledge fight.

Good thing Esdeath got a wincon, because I like this match.

Esdeath can resist his passive hax due to resistance to mind manipulation. Fear and madness hax are categories of mind manip.

IIRC Demon's blood instantly made people drive insane and break their mind after single sip. Including most experienced combatants, captains etc. But Es straight up drinked entire blood, and laughed off the thoughts of killing like it was nothing for her. Meruem's aura will likely just turn her on. Not to mention she can scare the shit out of people with her presence alone too.

And Meruem never really scared Netero... He was just impressed and surprised that this is the first opponent that could match him in his entire life.

SpookyShadow said:
Esdeath can resist his passive hax due to resistance to mind manipulation. Fear and madness hax are categories of mind manip.
IIRC Demon's blood instantly made people drive insane and break their mind after single sip. Including most experienced combatants, captains etc. But Es straight up drinked entire blood, and laughed off the thoughts of killing like it was nothing for her. Meruem's aura will likely just turn her on. Not to mention she can scare the shit out of people with her presence alone too.

And Meruem never really scared Netero... He was just impressed and surprised that this is the first opponent that could match him in his entire life.
Okay yeah good point.

SpookyShadow said:
I thought of Meruem giving her mercy because of his compassion for humans after being nuked, but I hardly see this in full knowledge fight.
No he lost his memory after he got nuked so he acts like how he was when he was born so hes definetly not giving her mercy.

Edit: I mean UNLESS this is AFTER he got his memories back but the Op didnt specify so i'm gonna assume the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back