• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ichigo vs. Groudon

Ichigo: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Psuedo-Flight, Zanjutsu master (art of the sword), Hakuda expert (hand-to-hand combat), Shunpo expert (speed enhancement technique), the ability to use Reiryoku and exert it as Reiatsu to increase the user's offensive power and defensive abilities, the ability to use Shikai and Bankai (upgrades that increase his Reiatsu), can fire slicing blasts of Reiatsu with his Zanpakutō special ability, can sense beings with Reiatsu | Can power-up by accessing his "Hollow" powers (which is symbolized with a mask) [Hollow Mask] | Regenerationn (low-mid, only in his advanced Hollow form) [H1 Ichigo/H2 Ichigo] | Can boost his offense or defense by manipulating Reishi flow in his blood vessels (has yet to display any direct control of this) [True Zanpakuto], Energy Absorption (Can absorb Yhwach's energy for example) | Can use more advanced Hollow techniques, such as Gran Rey Cero

Groudon: Superhuman physical characteristics, Manipulation of Rock, Earth, Fire, Magma, Lightning, Weather Manipulation in its presence (intense sunlight) | Same as base but to a greater degree, and with additional ability to completely negate Water-based attacks

One thing needs to be made clear, though groudon has rock, fire, and earth manipulation (not lightning because it's not listed herein his level up), there really not impresses, good but no all that great, as moves like eurption is dependent on the usere's half making it a double edged sword, solar beam is just your standard enegry blast, earth power can be easily avoidable, fissure is a miss and die type of move, he's rock blade move can be easily destroyed and rest is to continous to use....

on to my verdict......

groudon has those abilities listed above, there just standard energy blast and explosion's that ichigo has dealt with many time's before and add in groudon's blind rage and that ichigo can actually use strategy instead of simple "hide and sneek" and the fact ichigo has energy absroption,regen, and flight makes him my vote in this match: Ichigo 6/10

Also I don't ever recall him strategizing as much during combat, @Peter as that is showing bias toward Ichigo. Also standard beams and and other things. You are sadly mistaken as he and Kygore fought for at least over hundred of years since then so I am questioning that as of now. Also how are those standard beams? Also the fact it is not even a double edge sword on Groudon part as he will be highly durable and has been known to tank attacks from Kyroge including his hyper beam. Also Ichigo's weakness should have taken into account as granted as he rush into battle without thinking, lack a legit desire to fight, and have shown mercy to opponents as well.

Starkiller215 said:
Also I don't ever recall him strategizing as much during combat, @Peter as that is showing bias toward Ichigo. Also standard beams and and other things. You are sadly mistaken as he and Kygore fought for at least over hundred of years since then so I am questioning that as of now. Also how are those standard beams? Also the fact it is not even a double edge sword on Groudon part as he will be highly durable and has been known to tank attacks from Kyroge including his hyper beam
Fightning over hunderds of years does not display strategy but immense endurance, i'm talking about moves likerest,fissure, and eurptio all moves that quailft for being a double edged sword, solar beam is just a beam of grass energy,lava plume is just an omni directonal attack that can be avioded by flying and precipice blades is just forming spears of rock and throwing them at someone and so has ichigo.....

@Peter Mainly with his sword and dodging with flashstep. I recall he could tank physical attacks such as punches, but at the same time he countered attacks with his Getsuga Tenshiro.

@Peter Also since all speed is completely equalized, the chances of getting hit can be a 50/50 chance. Also when does Groudon ever go blindly with rage? I seriously doubt this has anything to do with rage when he does thing petty well even when he is angry while confronting kyogre face to face. Also Ichigo had limited stamina as well when it comes to people on the same level as he is.

I'm just goign off what his profile say's and it says "and is prone to blind rage" so i'm just going off that, debatle iirc ichigo was in his bankai for a couple of months in the arrancar arc

@Peter That is a fair point since if that was the case, he will run out of spirtual energy and if it is truly a couple of months, then petty much he will been weakened severely thanks to his bankai consuming the amount of reiatsu or rather Reiryoku for that matter as proven true when he went against the Espada. I suppose that is true as Groudon's profile did mention it, but even in a blind rage, he will put up quite the fight once those attacks begin to hit Ichigo.

Groudon can fight for days. Ichigo is gonna tire out even if he has the initial power advantage (which is only possibly)

"No he can't" oh really, so your just going ignore the entire last arc (after his training ) when ichigo fought multiple people with little rest from day to night multiple times?

Tbh I think Fissure might be able to do something against Ichigo since Ichigo doesnt really start a battle off with Flight and I don't think he'll feel as if he really needs to since he'll think he's only fighting against a dinosaur (Groudon)

Also wouldnt the accuracy of OHKO moves in Pokemon be considered game-mechanics? IIRC outside the games OHKO pretty much have as much accuracy as other moves do. For example Paul's Gliscor when using Gulliotine pretty much one shot Ash's Gligar with ease and didnt look like it had trouble hitting it with the move. There was also Georgia's pawniard who was able to almost hit Ash's Snivy with it too all those times and was very close to with no trouble. Not sure about the manga however. Plus Fissure is more of an ranged attack than a focused one and I doubt Ichigo will be able to clear it fast enough.

Just checked real quick, Ichigo only has Pseudo Flight. Is that through teleportation or rapid jumping? Because Fissure should do something if its based on jumping.

I'll admit, I completely looked over fissure on his moves page.

Back