• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

If a 3-Dimensional being lifts a 4-Dimensional object, is the required Lifting Strength quantifiable?

For context, within Neopets, it is possible to fish up an item known as a "Hovering Four-Dimensional Pyramid": https://items.jellyneo.net/item/14088/

However, other than the info given by its description & image (The former MAYBE providing a way to determine the size it appears to be given some assumptions are made.) not much is known about it.

Under such circumstances, is it possible to quantify the LS required for a 3D being to lift a 4D object?

If not, what circumstances WOULD allow the quantification of such a Lifting Strength value, for this scenario, or possibly others? What info is needed?

Thank you for the information & input. If anyone has anything else to say, that'd be interestingly. Nonetheless, I'd presume this is an outlier for this 'verse.

Probably an outlier/not the right type of dimensionality, but if it was applicable it would just be immeasurable.

"Not the right type of dimensionality"? Do you mean only that they have too few dimensions compared to the object? (In this case, 3D beings, 4D object.)

The dimensions we use for things are dimensions in the geometric sense. Some physical theories like String Theory allow for higher dimensions except those dimensions are shrunk down to the size of a planck length and if classified in the same way would make every single atom 1-C, so we aren't using stuff like string theory for tiering because it makes use of the concept of a higher spatial dimension in a different way than we do. We can mathematically model higher dimensional objects, and I believe there is a theory accounting for infinite dimensional stuff as well.

Ah, okay. So under different studies/interpretations of dimensionality, it might be more applicable, but not in this case, you mean?

I have no idea if there's more context to this or not so I have no idea. From what I can tell on the files it's probably an outlier/technobabble anyways.

@Wokistan: I don't think there is more context to this, & I was quite confident this was an outlier the moment I considered it.

@ShadowWarrior1999: Wokistan is?

If you accept dimensions as how we use then having another geometric axis would add on another infinite scale of mass.

@The real cal howard: I don't know enough to take a stance, but why would that be?

One interpretation of a 4th dimensional being is where time is the 4th dimension, thus allowing a 4th dimensional being to view or move through time, IIRC, although, I don't remember the details. And in any case, that may not be the dimensionality in use by our site's tiering system.

Being 4D by outr standarts is at least Low 2-C, as the 4th dimensional axis here is time.

Lifting a 4D strucuture in this sence would be simply Immeasurable Lifting Strength.

Being a 4 dimensional object do not make it have infinite mass, I do not even known how to interprete lifting something with an aditional dimensional.

You can have a fourth spatial axis without it necessarily being time. Temporal dimensions aren't the same thing.

Wokistan said:
You can have a fourth spatial axis without it necessarily being time. Temporal dimensions aren't the same thing.
That sort of 4D always confuses me, so I can´t give input beyond that.

By "Temporal dimensions aren't the same thing." you mean that they are a different sort of 4th-or-other-dimensionality than having a 4th spatial axis?

I think that is like Dimensional Shift work: shift into the 4-D and yoi have an additional dimension to move through (like Kamui). But in the less "wanky" interpretation, someone is lifting an intangible object.

Back