• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Iihiko Shishime vs Lord Revelation

That would probably be power nulled away.

Iihiko don't recognized a kick in the face, and because of that he will not recognize a giant hand with more AP than every 5C in his verse?

InfiniteSped said:
Didn't he just break her attack there? Like when she punched him and her arm broke.
There's a lot of weird, badly-explained stuff going on there.

That punch where her arm broke was described as a basic form of a style, and styles seem to partially get around Iihiko's defensive abilities.

Iihiko then himself explained that he "recognized" it as an attack, but it's never clarified if that was because it was a style or because he just happened to recognize a punch.

Iihiko also mentions that he had to give it his all to defend himself. It's unclear whether this means that he reflected the attack, or just tanked it with physical strength. Of note is that he makes no mention of "reflecting" in reference to this attack.

Between this first punch and the second punch I linked above, Iihiko claimed that he'd reflect Medaka's next attack. And just before the attack I linked in the scan above, Nienami said "No Kurokami!! That's not how you use styles!!" implying that she wasn't using styles or was using them wrong with this attack.

As shown in the scans I linked, Iihiko says that he completely reflected the attack, but doesn't make mention of recognizing it. But it's also important to remember that with many other attacks he didn't recognize they weren't actually reflected.

From all this, what's your conclusion? To me it seems like he has attack reflection when he recognizes an attack against himself. But I haven't read this arc in its entirety for a while, so I may be wrong.

They say that any attack that he recognizes "breaks", and can never be used again. I assume that he recognized that one, then broke the attack, which happened to be her whole body since she was tackling him.

She later does the same thing, just faster, amd he has to dodge, so I assume the first just wasn't powerful enough.

Our conclusions seem similar, but you seem to be using "breaks" instead of "attack reflected", don't you think it could be a bit of both? It reflects the attack, then irreversible destruction prevents it from healing, leaving it broken?

Well, I guess that makes sense, but still, he has to recognize the attack.

If he's hit with something powerful enough to hurt him, like that Kurokami final, it should still deal damage to him. Since Revelation can one-shot, Iihiko shouldn't be able to survive without the Subjective Immunity.

That seems probable, would they kill each other simultaneously then?

Medaka wasn't damaged when she defeteaded him with the Kurokami Final, so any hit that kills him shouldn't activate the reflection, probably. Iihiko possessed Shiranui instead, so that's prob what he'd try here.

Ahh, you're right, can Revelation stop the possession?

Probably. Possession is pretty standart stuff in his verse, and he ranks pretty high. Stronger cultivators generally resist everything weaker people can do.

Well it's not listed on his profile. Regardless it should get added.

A weaker cultivator trying to possess a stronger one is suicide. Their souls would be crushed by Divine Sense. Especially since in cultivators' cases, they're basically as powerful as they are in their "Soul forms" than they are in reality.

The best part is, none of them are Iihiko's type of possession. To resist the posession of Iihiko, you've got to have feats of resisting something similar. And that is "name" possession. It passess the legend and by that you possess the name, then you yourself turn into iihiko rather than iihiko possessing you. The "possessor" in this case is the name.

Anyway, Iihiko got defeated by letting Shiranui take control for just a bit, then having her punch herself in the face, which means she wasn't truly gone after all. She's still there somewhere, in a way that he can just let her take the wheel if he wants to.

http://fanfox.net/manga/medaka_box/v21/c183/1.html#ipg14

She still managed to control him after that, showing that her will can control the body even while he's under control, she apparently just needed an opening. Zenkichi says that he returned the control of the body to Shiranui, so, really, while it's a legend thing, the way it works resembles more just normal body possession, with the good ol' "possessed character takes control back with the power of friendship" trope, just to consolidate things.

1. Wrong, he "let" shiranui take over for a moment. If it weren't for that that would have never happened.

2. Shiranui wasn't a full vesel yet.

Your blog said the possessed person would cease to exist, obviously not the case since he could just give Shiranui the control back at any point, her mind still existed somewhere there. Her "name" still existed too, clearly. Even after him taking control back, she could still control him, showing that it's at least possible to do so while he's in command. She wouldn't have been able to without him letting her control it for a sec, but Revelation here has a mind far more powerful than hers, it's not even close.

Revelations isn't a full vessel either, so I don't see your point. If anything, she's a better vessel than anyone else for him, since she was being prepared exactly for that. Anyone else, and it should be far harder to take control tbh.

Got scans for that? I only remember them saying that Medaka would be the target of the Legend, nothing about her being a better vessel than an incomplete Shiranui

Shiranui was specifically stated to be an "ahead of time" vessel. It should have never resorted to her in the first place. A thing which wasn't stated to be the case on Medaka. Hanten stated she would become the next vessel, if willpower could fight it, pretty sure he would have stated it. The way he said it did imply that she would be unable to fight it off.

(Also boi, the message changed).

Considering he jumped to Shiranui instead of Medaka, I always assumed the former would be better than the latter for him. Shiranui was obviously at least good enough, and so would be Medaka, most likely. They don't talk much about Medaka being possessed, so her not being stated as worse doesn't mean much.

It's not that much about willpower, Revelation can expand his mind through millions of kilometers via Divine Sense, possess people, and destroy souls with it. He can weaponize his mind in a way that those two really can't, and even his willpower should be nothing to scoff at.

Before continuing with possession how does he even beat iihiko? You gotta beat iihiko to even reach the possession. I'd rather leave possession as a VERY last resort. It's the hardest part to argue on iihiko. So someone give me a quick rundown on how he gets past null and irreversible destruction.

He outranges Iihiko by a lot, so he's not getting touched, most likely. He gets past the Subjective Immunity by summoning a giant hand the size of a small planet and smashing Iihiko with it, should be fresh enough.

This time light poured from his eyes, and the slit on his forehead opened up to the width of a finger. The blood red light poured out, and as his hand descended, the mountains for tens of thousands of miles in all directions began to rock and sway. In the sky above the quaking mountains, appeared… an enormous hand! [...]
Meng Hao could only watch wide-eyed as the hand in the sky grew bigger and bigger. It covered everything, until it was the only thing visible in the entire sky.

Everything for tens of thousands of kilometers grew black. The hand covered everything. And then, it began to descend. The earth began to quake. Mountains buckled and collapsed. As the hand fell toward him, Meng Hao felt as if doomsday had arrived.

even if it bypass subjective immunity ( hard to sell as Revelation wouldn't have hyped his attack beforehand and is not a style user) i don't think the hand would get past the attack reflection.

if summoning giants hand from the sky would be enough to put down iihiko , ajimu would'nt had any problem with him yet she lost millions and millions of times .

A giant hand covering the whole sky, making mountains collapse and causing massive earthquakes should be hype enough. Medaka tackling him slighly faster than before was enough.

The attack reflection seems to just be the attack "breaking", which wouldn't make a difference if Iihiko dies from it.

Ajimu could have beaten him in many, many ways (like just learning a few styles for a change). He's a hero like Medaka, so there's always that latent plot armor stopping her from winning as well, no?

Iihiko had already agreed to recognize it ahead of time, he didn't actually know what it was before. He was actually noticeably disappointed with Medaka's technique

Styles didn't exist at the time of Ajimu's many battles with Iihiko, because they had not been invented by Professor Tsurubami yet

yes , ajimu with styles would have probably stomped iihiko ( unless he was enraged to a point it didn't worked) but as lapitus pointed out , styles didn't exist at the time ajimu fought and lost millions of times against iihiko .

just having an impressive looking attack isn't enough to make iihiko recognize it . you either have to challenge him into recognizing it or use a style/something similar to force recognition ( if i understood it correctly).

Agnaa said:
Iapitus The Impaler said:
Iihiko had already agreed to recognize it ahead of time, he didn't actually know what it was before. He was actually noticeably disappointed with Medaka's technique

Styles didn't exist at the time of Ajimu's many battles with Iihiko, because they had not been invented by Professor Tsurubami yet
This is completely wrong. Styles were invented by Fukurou before the start of the series. It's how he stayed alive after the original Jet Black Wedding Feast.
we are talking about ajimu and iihiko battles 5000(?) years before the start of the serie.

Naeblis495 said:
even if it bypass subjective immunity ( hard to sell as Revelation wouldn't have hyped his attack beforehand and is not a style user) i don't think the hand would get past the attack reflection.

if summoning giants hand from the sky would be enough to put down iihiko , ajimu would'nt had any problem with him yet she lost millions and millions of times .
We shouldn't assume Ajimu has abilities she hasn't shown to have, or even had written about.

Also, Iihiko's immune to skills, Revelation's stuff seems more spiritual/magical which doesn't equalize to the "skills" in Medaka Box.

so iihiko powernull wouldn't work is that what you mean ? i dunno about that

Ajimu can create universes and have slash that can cut stars from the list of skills she showcased during the wedding , i think that beat planet sized hand in terms of hype.

No. I'm saying his auto-immunity to skills applies to Ajimu's abilities but not Revelation's.

Doesn't matter, Iihiko's immune to all skills by default, much weaker stuff than that works on him as long as it doesn't come from a skill.

Considering he no sells Ajimu's ability which is literally used to steal people's consciousness i'm much more inclined to say Revelation's abilities will still get nulled.

A giant hand, well where to begin with this:

1. Medaka's punch did not only use a style (which forces recognition)

2. This can be just rubber banded or hand woven outta there with dura neg.

3. He had already stated "Ok i will recognize your next attack" to Medaka's punch

4. Just because something big is coming it doesn't mean it will kill him. There is no more reason for him to recognize something big.

Techincally yes, but that was before the upgrades, now the greatest feat is nulling the 4D skills. So without AP on DBS level good luck.

Back