• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Death hax is only with desperado. Which Sakura Stone of Destiny barrier negs.

The idea behind this is basically Raphtalia vs. Ikki (With OP skill, but without OP hax)

I'm certain it/the aura can be equalized to be either magic, soul power, or life-force energy. All of which the barrier would negate.

So what would you say it is? Or rather, how is it described?

It can also negate a whole host of other things if that's not it.

It is that though. Acausuality is a physical state, doesn't need anything else to keep it going.

And it doesn't have anything else. They are simply outside of fate and can control it.

Desperado can be active even in SSSAF Arc Ikki, it's not seoerated by the keys as it's a state he reached

YungManzi said:
I mean the additional abilities that come from it.
Isn't it like a transformation?
They are all deriving abilities from being outside of fate and causality.

It's a form of awakening. You break through fate.

Screw it then, no desperado, since this is getting confusing.

The aura itself is acausality? WTF.

YungManzi said:
Screw it then, no desperado, since this is getting confusing.
The aura itself is acausality? WTF.
The aura itself is a byproduct of acausality.

Same as how having a soul, mind, consciousness etc are a byproduct of being alive.

Well, without prep, Raphtalia actually has to cast an incantation before the barrier activates.

The aura itself is a byproduct of acausality.

Same as how having a soul, mind, consciousness etc are a byproduct of being alive.

For an analogy, I recently gained immunity to drag from water, allowing me to manipulate the water to a great degree.

Those are 2 unrelated things though.

Think of how being 3D allows you to manipulate 2D drawings. Similarly, being above fate allows you to manipulate the fate of everyone within it.

The God Of Procrastination said:
Because there's no resistance, extending my arm seamlessly passes the force into the water.
Yes, but it just means you cannot interact with it at all.

The only reason interaction with fluids is possible is due to drag. The same reason you can only feel the air if you're running (drag increases). If that is gone you cannot interact with it, as the molecules would directly avoid contact with you.

The God Of Procrastination said:
Invulnerability, not intangibility.
Yes, but the only way you interact with molecules is through drag, as, you cannot literally push molecules away like that. However when you move the molecules have to move to get out of your way so that you can move, when the molecules can't get away fast enough it creates drag. That's drag. That's why you feel the water pushing your hand when you put it in a river for example.

Without it, you'd be able to hold the water in your hands, but nothing else, the water wouldn't stick to your hand (you could get your hand out of the water and have it be completely dry) and it would be unable to push you. That's drag.

It's not intangibility, but without drag, that'd be the effect.

Back