• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I'm (not) leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Bambu

Suffer-Not-Injustice Bambu
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
This week has been hailed by a good amount of you as some kind of apocalypse event, some cataclysm hailed by the peanut gallery of VSBW in years past to be the supposed downfall of the community. It's disheartening to see, I must admit, that so many would look at a community that they are a part of and celebrate people leaving because they feel it means the wiki is fading into irrelevance.

I'd like to say, first of all, the title. I'm not leaving because VSBW is still ultimately a greater force for good than it is for bad. Despite every ounce of hatred spewed by attention-seeking detractors, the site is still going extremely strong (I'm not in a position to actually share the analytics but suffice to say page views/visits still average at several millions per week) and a handful of people leaving, while a negative thing that I'd rather not see continue, does not kill a site with a base of hundreds to thousands of folks. Don't let the current air get you down- shit's gonna keep on going. I promise.

The wiki shan't be dying any time soon. I won't speak for the rest of the mod or admin team, or even any users, but personally, VSBW is still a super ******* enjoyable place and generally is more reliable than the other places I could experience the hobby (WWW definitely comes up with neater match ideas, though, no offense lads). I'd like to believe many feel the same. If people feel the need to leave, so be it, sad to see, but it doesn't spell out doom and death for the wiki. Not by a long shot.

Heads up, lads. Everything will be fine.

I like your positivity and share it. The threads I've been in have been at their most active ever, so all this doom-and-gloom talk is probably more of an optical illusion. You see announcement posts when people leave the community, not when they join it. Plus, we're wired to focus on negative news so we tend to take a few negatives more seriously than an equal number of positives just for survival reasons.

Bambu you give a different level of positivity on this website that I rarely see. I commend you for that. Keep up the good work, and we genuinely appreciate what you do for the community

Last edited:
Understandable

Yes, the wiki will strive as long as we all work together to try to maintain the peace and freedom. We may need to remove some people who threaten the safety and stabilization of the wiki from time to time. But it is for the common good. Despite the drama skyrocketing in many corners, I still see this as the best Vs debating community out there. Even if that means it's the best of the worst. But I'm glad Mr Bambu is trying hard to maintain the balance of the community.

Great positive motivator message,even I got concerned about this wiki since people kept leaving one after the another but hearing your words is sigh of relief for me.Glad to see this wiki going strong and I hope it keeps on going for the future since after all,I have emotional attachment to this wiki despite hardly debating here.

Yes. The wiki and this forum taken together still have roughly 8 million page views per month according to the very reliable statistics that I have available.

Q4viJEu.jpg

I think this was a good thread to make; ya got a good message out there lad.

Even though I've taken the occasional multi-month break from the wiki, now's not one of those times. I hope all the revisions I still have planned continue vsbw's asymptotic approach to ideal profiles. I believe that if everyone keeps those ideals in mind - taking sanity breaks when necessary, and striving towards accuracy - that we'll end up in a good place.

I think this was a good thread to make; ya got a good message out there lad.

Even though I've taken the occasional multi-month break from the wiki, now's not one of those times. I hope all the revisions I still have planned continue vsbw's asymptotic approach to ideal profiles. I believe that if everyone keeps those ideals in mind - taking sanity breaks when necessary, and striving towards accuracy - that we'll end up in a good place.
Sanity breaks are a must, aye. Too much of this will lead to burnout as with any other hobby.

Well, except for me it seems, but then my head is wired differently than normal/I am far more obsessive.

Anyway, take breaks to recover when necessary, yes.

Also, if any productive members who have quit change your minds and want to come back, feel very free to do so. The staff would obviously regain their old positions.

"While we still draw breath, hope is alive!"
- A quote from VeggieTales, specifically "Lord of the Beans"
Ain't gotta be into religious stuff to admit that, A., VeggieTales is outstanding, and B., good quotes is good quotes is good quotes.

Thanks for the compliment, my guy.

But getting back on topic, the wiki will live. I'm still here. Probably gonna continue to be here, too. Just a guy with no prestige or status who lurks in discussion threads of verses he likes (mainly due to not being as knowledgeable as others in the thread and considering my opinions to be "meh" in comparison), overdoes Versus Threads with characters he likes (cough**cough Boa Hancock cough**cough), and can only calc KE and speed (because I suck at literally every other kind of calc lol)...

But I'm still here nonetheless. And yeah, I did just roast myself a little bit. You can't spell "self deprecation" without "I care".

That last part made no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back