• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Important: Regarding the uploading of lewd images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hl3 or bust said:
tbf the fact that the Huniepop wiki is even a thing shows that anything that gets posted here that isn't removed based on the site rules alone should be totally fine
I don't feel likesaying that name, but, but there's a veeeeeeeeeerrrrrrryyyyyy ****** up game that has a wikia wiki

Even if it is official artwork and the character itself only wears questionable clothing?

Welp then since good old classic Facist FandomÔäó´©Å, I guess we apparently need to all swear celibacy while we're at it. And I stand by what I said in the orignal thread, before it was deleted: we already have many sexual profiles, including at LEAST one sexualized minor. Its her ******* character design. I guess we gotta ban Yoko now

Diane is an official picture and not something you can really change. Even if a character has naked breasts, but it's the only way she can appear, it's fine to an extent.

Besides, looking a bit deeper here, the issue doesn't seem to be Fandom watching us post Lewds, but rather someone just shoving them into Fandom's face and reporting us, hence why they were alarmed.

To me, the pictures themselves wouldn't be the problem for Fandom, but rather "the act itself" of posting a "lewd" picture.

DMB 1 said:
>Me

I barely uploaded anything really.
It was directed at anyone who almost got banned this time. And this is coming from someone who actually got banned.

I'll play Devil's Advocate. If people want to talk with a group of people on a site, not all of them have the same social media accords, or want to be exposed to that kind of stuff on those accounts. For example, I wouldn't have any of those conversations on my Twitter or Instagram because that's my normal reputation. If I wanted to talk to Kal, Saik, and Genki at once, I don't wanna have to have them meet up in a different place that not all of them might have.

I'm happy that this situation got resolved without a ban.

Like a couple others said, it's probably best to just keep that kind of posting elsewhere because something like this could very well happen again and a group of people whom are doing no harm by just entertaining themselves getting removed from the site for that would be unjust.

To those involved, you should have seen this coming given the attention this wiki gets, so just try to keep it private to save yourselves the trouble, nobody wants to see you lynched for something so harmless.

Hl3 or bust said:
tbf the fact that the Huniepop wiki is even a thing shows that anything that gets posted here that isn't removed based on the site rules alone should be totally fine
Our members can be reported to Fandom for that as well, and then globally blocked. Just do it somewhere else than at Fandom to stay on the safe side.

I'm pretty sure Fandom only cares about uploading the images on the servers, so theoretically using embeds through the white list might be a decent workaround.

Let's not take any chances please. I don't want to have to deal with a wipeout of several staff and productive members, combined with the resulting backlash.

I think that everyone agrees with your point, but at the same time FANDOM makes the rules so we have to adapt.

I'll miss the convos but oh well, we'll chat about something else

welp RIP Can't do pic steals

but seriously i felt the situation just blew up just cuz muh exploit though i can see why really.

Where is Dodon/The Causality when we need it? He also top lewd poster iirc.

Regardless i myself just fine with this as i didn't posting too much (maybe yuri but not so lewd/hardcore).

I was following the threads at times and I only encountered one pic which was a little too much and removed it from the comment. Now I don't know what exactly happened in the thread recently but I had asked Saikou previously about where to draw the line and his answer was really easy to understand, so I had hoped people won't cross that line.

Anyway, FANDOM themselves said that the images were not outside their terms of use and they won't be banning anybody for uploading them (not talking about the images Ant deleted), so I guess it's not that big a deal provided people don't cross the line.

@AKM

Sannse said that the images she saw barely did not cross the line. Given that the images that I deleted were worse, it seems very foolish to take any further extreme gambles with lewd fetish image threads, as sooner or later the participants will cross the line and end up permanently banned from Fandom.

She also specifically asked us to stop doing this.

If it is a hentai, we should preferably avoid it to not get into controversy.

It is probably still safest to avoid it.

Aha, well, I suppose that it should probably be fine then, as long as the profile itself is kept harmless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back