• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This post may actually a little silly but I can't help but wondered. I'm looking through the versus thread rules and read the standard battle assumption for lol and a octavomething caught my attention in the victory condition part.

"incapacitating the opponent by putting him in a state in which he can not harm the other fighter(s) for over a day,"

That is what catch my attention. let's just say character A with only one hax (timestop) fights charactera B with a very broken regen (High-godly). Character A has literally no way to kill character B, but A can incapitates B by stopping it in time.

If the time stop lasts longer than a day, would this makes A the winner?

See that, kind of silly right, but I'm curious as hell since the SBA didn't specify of that kind of incapitation that is accepted as victory.

I think that it's more intended as "it can't do anything for a day even if you don't do anything else".

If you are here keeping it time stopped (how would you even count the day passing ovo) I don't think that it counts. But if you can kill it and it needs more than a day to be a threat again it should.

Then how about this, what if we replace the timestop be replace with a technique called prison of light for example (it's basically creating a dome of light) that can traps a 2-A for example. Would that counts as victory?

If you can simply leave the prison of light up for a day, probably. If you have to actively sustain it (meant as "it's destroyed if you stop maintaining it") probably not.

If a character has self-resurrection with a cool down of exactly 24 hours, would they count as having lost or does it need to be significantly over a day for them to be down?

Kaltias said:
If you are here keeping it time stopped (how would you even count the day passing ovo) I don't think that it counts.
If only the opponent gets frozen in time and for everyone else time continues to flow normally I'm quite sure you can count that as a win.

I am not sure how to treat it if time is stopped generally though. However it does meet the requirements of SBA in some way (because even though normal time is stopped, there is still some kind of time that continues to flow for the chara that used the timestop).

Back