• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

inFAMOUS 2 Cole MacGrath Durability Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm here today to argue for a durability upgrade for inFAMOUS 2 Cole MacGrath. I noticed that for the second game, he is ranked as "Unknown," but when going over gameplay, I noticed a few things. I saw that he can survive getting sucked into The Beast's gravity attack, which incinerated/turned to dust everything that got sucked in (people, cars, etc) and having a large metal statue thrown on him. I know that this isn't impressive when compared to his already established durability of Large Building, but the next part of the attack is what interests me.

Cole could survive getting crushed between The Beast's hands. The Beast casually tore a metal statue from its foundation and tossed it across half a city like it were a baseball. Also, The Beast has a striking strength of Class TJ+ and a lifting strength of Class K+. Sure, Cole does take damage over time, but since he is not instantly getting squished and killed, it's still pretty impressive. Cole could survive this at the beginning of the second game, the end of the game when he followed the good karma path before he became empowered, and when he did become empowered, he was able to take getting crushed between The Beast's hands with no damaged whatsoever.

In regards to the fact that Cole could be injured be attacks of much weaker potency, I think that could be chalked up to him getting depowered by The Beast or gameplay mechanics, since we see that even after being drained by The Beast and before gaining his final power up, he could survive getting crushed between The Beast's hands.

Also, Cole could survive getting hit by The Beast's fireball attack, which could sink large ships and explode multiple times. Cole could survive this attack at the beginning and end of the game.

So, I'd argue that based on all this, inFAMOUS 2 Cole's durability should be bumped up to somewhere between high end multi-city block to town level. And after he is empowered with the RFI, it should probably just be large town level. Also, I know that his kinetic energy manipulation and shields add onto his durability, so that should probably add a "+" to all of his durability stats.

The feats can be seen in these videos. I do not own any of them.

Beginning of the game: http://youtu.be/guFygWE5SBY

End of game: http://youtu.be/T4hEq1lAhFo

The Beast's profile: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/John_White

Thanks for listening

A lot of wonky feats for the gameplay after all.

He could go toe to toe with giant mutants and even survive the full weight of the Devourer, which is the heaviest monster in game next to the Beast probably.

I'd agree with these upgrades

Also, would this have to be calc'd, or does going off of feats shown as well as using the stats of this wikia count as enough evidence?

Also, how would his shields and kinetic energy manipulation play into this? Should it just be left as "Higher with shields and kinetic energy manipulation?

Since no ones arguing against it, am I ok to make these changes?

If ok, what do you guys think the final buff should be? Like, before Cole is empowered, his durability should be multi-city block+ and after he is empowered, put him at large town, possibly higher? Since he was able to no-sell getting crushed between The Beast's hands.

If Cole can survive the Beast's attacks I don't understand why his durability isn't comparable to John's attack potency? Also, the upgrades need to be authorized by the staff.

For the shields just "higher with shields" should be used, + is usually just used for calculated feats from which we know that they are in the upper energy range.

For the rest it would be useful to know where his striking strength originates from, so that we know at which end it actually sits. (that isn't mentioned in Johns profile as far as I see)

What TheMightyRegulator should also be considered, though from a short look into the boss fight it seems like the attacks the beast uses in it are less powerful than the city destroying blasts, so not scaling like that might be justified (even though AP Ôëá DC is of course also a thing).

I was basing this off of John White's stats on this wikia, like the part that states that his fireball attack can sink large ships and his striking strength and lifting strength.

I think for tha part about the Beast's attacks not appearing as potent in the battle can be chalked up to wonky game mechanics, since later on in inFAMOUS 2, John states how he was on a mindless rampage at the beginning of the game, and was going after all the strongest threat in Empire City, aka, Cole. He states that here-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=axgdv0c_PB0 at around 5:58. And later on in their second fight, he was trying his hardest to destroy the RFI, the only thing that could actually kill him.

Also, I was thinking about adding the "+" because it's established then when using his shields and kinetic energy manipulation, he can survive attacks of higher potency, like the Ray Sphere detention, which could have killed Cole, since Kessler himself was worried that Cole wouldn't make it.

Well, the + would only be used like that if the attack he tanked with shields has a +, in other words it scales to the AP of the attack. Otherwise + wouldn't be used.

Personally I am sceptical to saying every single fireball he throws is equal to the city destroying explosion. Different techniques and causing such a large scale explosion possibly leaves him completly exhausted or similar.

But that is just my opinion.

I'm not saying that every fireball was city-level. The fireball attacks are probably on the high end city block level to low end multi city block level, based on the fact that they could sink large ships and later on in the game, he used them to destroy a portion of the Gas Works area in inFAMOUS 2, when he tried to stop Nix from powering up the RFI, and blew up the substations.

The multi-city block to town level durability upgrade I am arguing for is based off the fact Cole could survive the fireball attacks as well as getting crushed between the Beast's hands.

And also, I don't remember the Beast getting tired after using an attack during his battles. The only time he stopped to take a break was when he was too injured and stopped to heal up.

I don't mean during his battle but the one he exploded the city with (for the one he might got exhausted by).

Well, multi-city block sounds fine for me, not sure for town level given that sinking ships, destroying portions of an area and destroying some substations don't come close to that and that we don't know where exactly the TJ striking strength comes from so that we don't know which value it really is.

I'd argue that for Cole without the RFI boost, it's should be "Multi-City Block, Higher with shields and kinetic energy manipulation" since in his profile it reads "Should be capable of producing similar energy levels to his higher end attacks with his defenses" and his attacks are capable of harming people with Town level durability.

I'm confused by what you mean by we don't know where his striking strength originate from. Are you saying that your unsure of whether the striking strength comes from his physical blows or his energy attacks? Cause it says for his striking strength it is TJ+, putting him at high end Multi-City Block level to Large Town level, but, as we saw in inFAMOUS 2, he is city level when using his energy attacks, since he destroyed Empire City in one blast. And it is confirmed in game that he destroyed a city with one blast.

But I'm not arguing for city level durability, I'm arguing for arguing for high end Multi-City Block level to Large Town level, especially for RFI boosted Cole, since he was able to no sell the Beast's physical attacks.

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
I'd argue that for Cole without the RFI boost, it's should be "Multi-City Block, Higher with shields and kinetic energy manipulation" since in his profile it reads "Should be capable of producing similar energy levels to his higher end attacks with his defenses" and his attacks are capable of harming people with Town level durability.
Given that attack potency wise he is "likely town level" in some states wouldn't "Multi-City Block, Likely Town level with shields and kinetic energy manipulation" be more accurate using that reasoning?

Well, I would be fine with that suggestion either way, so if it's just that I suppose you can do the changes.

What I mean about the striking strength part is if you would want to scale his durability (without shields) from the striking strength of the beast it would be good to know if that striking strength actually is town level or Multi-City block level (TJ could be both). Since we don't know just going with Multi-City Block level is what should be done then, I guess.

I'd agree with the first thing about Cole without RFI boosts

I'm arguing for Large Town level for Cole with RFI because he was able to no sell getting crushed between the Beast's hands. Also, I noticed that under his Attack Potency for Cole with RFI, it read "Likely Town level, possibly City level (Superior combatant to the Beast without the use of ultimate moves when he became empowered)" So, going off that and the fact he should be able to produce similar levels of power to his defense, he should be around that level. I'm not sure if that's w/ or w/o shields, cause the only thing I remember about that fight was that Cole was sparking with electricity and had an unlimited amount of it.

So I agree with DontTalk about "Multi-City Block, Likely Town level with shields and kinetic energy manipulation" for Cole w/o the RFI

Still arguing for Large Town and up for Cole w/ RFI.

Anybody else?

Also, just noticed this, shouldn't Beast Cole be "City level w/ shields?" Since his AP is at least City level from powers along to the Beast who destroyed Empire City in one blast?

Please elaborate. If he has fought enemies with City level AP, then he should obviously scale in durability.

No, this is going off the thing in his wiki that reads "Should be capable of producing similar energy levels to his higher end attacks with his defenses", and since he produced enough Ray Sphere energy to destroy a city, he should be able to produce a city level shield.

Thanks. Also, do you have any input on my previous post arguing for higher durability for inFAMOUS 2 Cole w/ and w/o RFI? I would greatly appreciate it.

I do not have the time and energy to check it up. Sorry. I am mentally exhausted.

Can you summarise your previous points again? In any case, if you haven't done so already, you can probably upgrade his durability to match his attack potency.

Ok, to some it sum it up, I'm arguing that inFAMOUS 2 Cole w/o the RFI should be Multi-City Block level, and Town level with shields, since he could survive getting crushed inbetween the Beast's hands, who has a striking strength of Class TJ+ and a lifting strength of Class K+. This is justified with the fact that Cole could survive this at the beginning of the game and towards the end of the game before his final power up, and the fact he could harm foes with town level durability. He could also survive getting hit by the Beasts fireball attack, which could sink large ships. Also, he should be capable of producing similar energy levels to his higher end attacks with his defenses, meaning he should be able to produce a Town level shield.

Cole w/ RFI should be anywhere between Large Town to City level in durability, since he was able to tank getting crushed inbetween the Beast's with no damage whatsoever, and is considered to be equal to the Beast in AP, who is City level, so should be able to survive a city level attack.

That about sums it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back