• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

inFAMOUS discussion thread 2

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
Iirc Augustine collapsed a massive concrete bridge using her powers, but not sure how to rate that. Also it would only scale to Concrete users
Didn't they do that via a strike or just generally something that isn't lifting?

The best lifting strength feat I can think of is Augustine making herself into a sizable concrete monster, but that's not all that heavy. I dunno how exactly heavy it would be, I'd need to calc it, but yeah

Also, I think Alden's feat might be inflated liftingstrength wise too

I should start calcing this stuff

DMUA said:
That it did friend, that it did.

Anyway, about lifting strength, agreed. Me and the other guys who did the original verse revisions kinda rushed passed that. Though the class 5 is legit since Cole can toss around cars in the second game along with being able to bench press a Ravagers jaw open.

It's just the other stuff that needs calcs.

Yeah

I think if I get to work tonight or tomorrow I could make a blog on all the good lifting feats (Alden making his thing, The Beast being big, and Augustine making her thing)

No rush

A good chunk of the verse is gonna need revisions, so we're probably better off going slow

Also I'm working on 2 other verse revisions

wow, that was a long day, but it's finally tomorrow

That said, is there any good way that you guys can think of to measure John's sizability with? Cause I'm about to go forth with a pretty rough thing, but if there's anything else you can immediately think of, all ears are online.

Everything

Like, imagine everything that could possibly go wrong

That's what happened with lightning

More specifically...

>Current and Voltage were previously inflated by an absolute ton, using positive lightning instead of actual lightning. Bringing the right numbers lowered even EOS lightning to 7-B

>Using the blasts that lightning leaves behind doesn't cut it anymore whatsoever, as IRL, 1 inch wide lightning can leave a blast that's definitely bigger

>We don't even know if the equation makes sense whatsoever in retrospect

And that's the summary.

Something something worst day ever

So I'm guess lightning math is out the window? If so, I guess we're stuck with the Ray Sphere feat and the storm feats to scale.

Is it still worth checking out how Karmic Overload effects the ratings? Or does the lightning revisions make it not worth it?

Considering the very formula as a concept is in question and Karmic retribution is an all out 100% attack anyways

Yeah I think making a CRT to downgrade AP and lifting is all we can do here

I'm laughing cause I joked about this exact scenario happening months ago, but that's only because I know that when I stop I'm gonna start crying and never stop for the rest of my life.

Interesting concept that I got from Remnant: From the Ashes. Since we already know that Conduit animals exist (a concept that I really wished was explored more in the sequels), what if there were Conduit plants?

I could see it working like Remnant, but instead it's the RFR spread by the Beast and such that activates the Conduit gene in plants, lead to a whole plethora of issues.

Well now I just want a game where you play as a dude with a conduit dog

"Imagine Cole pulling a Negi and becoming lightning itself, roiling and powerful storms coming wherever he went, thunder striking into the ground as he would appear at the impact point, lightning incarnated like a demi-god."

Mentioning what I said in the lightning calcs downgrade stuff because it feels like a really cool aesthetic for Cole in some sort of fanfic, or just in general.

Yeah that would be cool

But it probably means they'd have to revive him with the lightning bolt that hit the ship at the end of inFAMOUS 2

Especially considering said character canonically has resurrection

His heart completely stopped after the original RSB, and came back online 5 minutes later

A bolt of lighting directly hitting him would likely charge him up to life, or maybe at least get him into a coma so he has an opportunity to wake up after the events of Second Son

Either way reviving Cole is trivial if they feel the need to

Some people people get their powers from radioactive spider bites

Others, from scientific experiments

Some are even born with them

But Cole? He blew himself up and died for a few minutes in order to get his superpowers

At least he died too fast to have crippling PTSD like Trigger events in Worm

I mean, PTSD is like almost necessary unless you are a second gen Cape in Worm.

And then everyone wonders why there's more villains than heroes hue.

Not too mention he developed his powers via:

Electrocuting himself repeatedly

Absorbing Blast Cores which put such a strain on his body that he passed out from the pain

Getting the shit kicked out of him in fights

Having tar thrown on him to build up a tolerance

I guess Cole really learned to love the beating huh?

Back