• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I was thinking about some changes to the story I would make, you know to improve upon it.

I was thinking during the DC Comics, they do more with the choice given to Cole about turning himself in to save the city, and the citizens talking about throwing in under the bus, despite everything he's done for them and treating him like a hero when it was convienient. Cole was even pissed off by their hypocrisy before.

Basically, a large anrgy mob comprised of a large majority of the city's population gangs up on Cole and demands that he turn himself in so they don't get nuked. Later Harms tells Cole not to listen to those "idiots" and makes the point he makes about him leaving in the original about the First Sons and Dust Men.

During his nightmare sequence in Zeke's Apartment, Cole remembers what Trish told him in her final moments, how he used his powers to become a hero, and that she loved him for it. Which prompts Cole to contact Moya and set up a time and place for his surrender.

Meeting Moya in person, Cole makes her give him her word the city will be spared if he goes along with her. Moya, for whatever reason, gloats about how he isn't in any position to make demands, and reminds him she has clearance to glass the city whenever she pleases. This prompys Cole to fight off the soldiers and Military Conduit she has with her (another change I wanted to make is that the Military Conduits appear from the beginning of the invasion, rather than at the end during the last fight). Eventually, the soldiers use Sasha's gas and captures Cole here, rather than at Zeke's Apartment.

It's not that big, but I think it would better the story in a small way.

Yeah except it's only a few second long teaser.

On that note, do you think we can make a profile for the main character, Jin Sakai, based on the E3 2018 gameplay vid?

He's probably Street level for easily killing armored warriors and effortlessly destroying a small door by pulling a dude through it, and Subsonic for killing three dudes before they could react.

Definitely not an entire profile before it even comes out, no

Ok, so, I've been thinking about the ending to inFAMOUS 2 lately, and it caused me to realize something.

The Good Karma Ending could probably be seen as selfish from a certain point of view.

Think about it like this, you're taking an option that not only might not actually cure the plague, but would actively destroy the only other known cure and kill Cole in the process. Cole got to die thinking of himself as a hero, thinking he's making a heroic sacrifice that saves more lives, actively avoiding the consequences that would have sprung up had the RFI not cured the plague. Evil Cole will have to carry the weight of his actions forever, if Good Cole was wrong, then he wouldn't. Everyone else would have to die slowly, while Cole slept peacefully thinking that he saved them.

@Wright

Eh.....The idea of living when your actively scared of death instead of trying to sacrifice your life in hopes humanity lived, seems less selfish and more of a massive risk taking idea.

Cole is more likely to think "I hope this works" then "Yeah I'm a hero"

Point. The choice could be taken for selfish reasons, but Cole isn't taking them for those reasons.

Question: Should Festival of Blood Cole get a separate profile? A lot of the things that lead to Evil Cole getting his own profile also apply to him.

Separate Continuity: Pretty obvious. Festival of Blood isn't canon, or at least, Zeke's story isn't.

Different Powers: Yep. Lots of stuff regular Cole can't do.

Different Mindsets: Vampire Cole is effectively Good Cole with Evil Cole's combative mindset. He's willing to kill civilians if he needs to (literally every time you drink blood), and is more than happy to just stake vampires rather than restrain them. On the other hand, he's not nearly as AOE spammy as Evil Cole is. He's just brutally efficient.

I'm not sure. I don't think Vampire Cole was nearly enough differences between Good and Evil Cole to warrant a profile, what with the different powers between two games, including two different secondary powers, as well as the Beast's abilities. Though I'm not against it either, and he technically is his own version of the character.

On a side note, I was looking for feats to calculate from the Beast Saga (which is what I refer to the story Pre-Second Son), and I was thinking about Alden's Tower...

Should we treat it as though the entire tower actually collapsed? Sure, most of the tower remains in gameplay afterwards, but not only does Cole specifically describe the entire tower as shaking and ripping apart, but the entire top part of the tower is blatantly shown to have collapsed in the cutscene, but is still there afterwards. In addition, there is no mention of the tower in anything afterwards, and it can never be seen the background of the comics or inFAMOUS 2, despite being the tallest structure in the city.

So, should we treat it as the entire tower having collapsed and it's continued existence as a gameplay-induced error (similar to the size of the Ray Sphere Blast)?

I feel like a majority of the structure tearing off would count as "collapsed"

I'm also trying to get some good lightning dodges to calc from the Kessler fight, and I found something interesting.

If you stay, or camp, on top of the center of the Ray Sphere Crater, Kessler can't reach you, and as a result he'll spam his Ball Lightning Grenades to force you off it.

It's nothing big, but it's an interesting part of his battle strategy to point out in VS matches that he'll spam his grenades to force an opponent out of an unfavorable position.

The Wright Way said:
How are the civilization profiles going?
Trying to get them done. I'm trying to make renders for each enemy unit, and try to figure out all their powers and abilities. I'm heading into the Air Force in Feburary so I've been really busy lately.

Also, I found an a couple of inFAMOUS videos giving an in-depth critique on the first inFAMOUS, as well as a Cole Character Study if you guys wanna check them out.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZqrjbufaO4OYUfMRrJVgQd9gG8Lu56K1

You know something that really bothered me in Second Son? The lack if enemy factions. It's a strange thing to comment on, but just the fact that wildly different factions with different fighting styles existed at all helped keep combat fresh. Each fraction was significantly different abd required a significantly different approach to beat, most of the time. Not helping us the fact that the D.U.P is effectively a combo of The Militia and Vermack 88, without much new being brought to the table. The only other "factions" are cops, drug dealers, and the Akurans, all of whom are almost completely harmless against you. Not helping is that you barely ever fight the more advanced soldiers and mostly just fight regular guys and the occasional chopper. Seriously, you fight exactly three mini bosses in the game and one of those fights ends with you getting saved by Eugene.

Plus, you don't get as many cool side missions. Granted, it kinda didn't make much sense for people to be running to Evil Cole for help, but at least there was variety. Remember how fun it was to charge into a total war going on between multiple factions and going ham on all of them? It was awsome. In Second Son, the most you get us the occasional shoot out between cops and dealers (which the D.U.P. ignores for some reason).

This is especially annoying because you'd think Delsin would kinda be all about versatility. His power is literally the ability to copy other powers, but you barely get to experiment with them because you're fighting the same yellow storm troopers for the whole game.

Some ideas for the open world for Second Age/Second Son sequel:

Use a lot of the unused assets from the first game including store and armored car robberies, as well as interactions with civilians. In the production footage, Cole was at one point able to talk to civilians on the street and respond to them with different options depending on Karma. It'd be a good way to give the city a more organic and living feeling.

Also, for the Order and Chaos faction aspect, use the concept from the original inFAMOUS where Cole's Karma changes the look of the city at the end of the game. As you take territories for your faction, the areas of the city under your control will be affected by both your Faction and Karmic alignment (For example: Evil-Order, the city is clean and orderly, but the civilians are hunched over and devoid of emotion, walking in neat single-file lines, and the atmosphere has an imposing and dystopian tone. Evil-Chaos, the city has descended into total anarchy, criminals run rampant and bloody riots and fires fill the streets as the civilians are mostly seen either running for their lives or hiding in fear as screams can be heard in the distance. The atmosphere will have a more unstable and energetic feel, like being in a lawless jungle).

Don't know what the differences should be between Good-Order and Good-Chaos.

Another gameplay mechanic that'd be interesting is Delsin being able to summon allies to aid him in battle during the open-world and missions (that is, mission where they aren't already scripted). He also has the option to combine his powers with them for a tag-team Karma Bomb, if his current power is compatible with theirs (Dr. Wolffe's notes state that only compatible powers can combine with each other).

During the game, each ally has a series of side-missions and dialogue options, which will unlock upgrades for them by completing them. Such as increasing their damage and the amount of time they can be summoned.

I think saying it was smashed to rubble when it's clearly shown to be molten and smoking is wack

Using vaporization gets 8 Megatons for reference

On a side-note, I like how more in-depth reviews that take time to analyze every detail in a piece of media and appreciate it are becoming more common like this and Whitelight. Instead of a bunch of hypercritical a-holes who take like 5-10 minutes to talk about how much it sucks.

America's going to hell but besides that, same shit as usual.

Anywho, it seems Eugene is gonna be a little busy. Do you think you can lend him a hand with the Civ profiles when you find the time?

Ok, so, I just got back from Rise of Skywalker last night and now a random fanfic idea popped into my head.

Force Sensitive Cole MacGrath and his smuggler buddy Zeke Dunbar on the run from the Galactic Empire. I'll probably never write it, but it's fun to think about.

This is the part where, if I didn't know from like, every reviewer in existence that Rise of Skywalker sucked, I would throw a prequel meme

Rise of Skywalker was an overcorrection to The Last Jedi, which itself was an overcorrection to The Force Awakens, which itself was actually pretty good. I personally blame listening to much to the unpleasable fanbase.

Back